Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2008 1:18:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
In the oven... but make sure that the WIFE is away for the day! (from experience)  
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I can fit a 24" barreled action (bolt action) corner to corner in my oven.

- AG
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Home-made contraption (heat gun and a section of snap-together furnace pipe).
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3342508  

Works great. I keep the pan in the bottom so nothing comes in contact with direct flames.

I also made a 10' long hose with the proper propane regulator so I can run a 100 lb. cylinder.

The 20# tanks run a long time, but I get propane free and the 100# tanks are what he brings me. I have been using the same tank for about 9 months now and have done ALOT of baking. Still not empty.

Downside is it costs 140 bucks, and if you only want to do a few things, it isnt worth the money.

I knew when I bought mine things would find there way into it, haha.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I also forgot to mention that I use pieces of 1/8", 3/16", or 1/4" steel rod to hang my pieces. I also use pieces of .030 copper welding wire too.

I wrap one piece of the wire thru the part, and I wrap the other end of the welding wire around a steel washer, and then slide a piece of the steel rod thru the washer and hang it that way.

The small welding wire is AWESOME for hanging almost ALL small parts for spraying and baking.

Hope this helps ya.

I am working on a sks now, maybe I will put up a few pics.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:04:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3342508

Works great. I keep the pan in the bottom so nothing comes in contact with direct flames.

I also made a 10' long hose with the proper propane regulator so I can run a 100 lb. cylinder.

The 20# tanks run a long time, but I get propane free and the 100# tanks are what he brings me. I have been using the same tank for about 9 months now and have done ALOT of baking. Still not empty.

Downside is it costs 140 bucks, and if you only want to do a few things, it isnt worth the money.

I knew when I bought mine things would find there way into it, haha.

Made it hot for ya...
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:06:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey aggie, thanks alot. I appreciate it. Makes it easier, huh?

Can you school me on how to do that?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey aggie, thanks alot. I appreciate it. Makes it easier, huh?

Can you school me on how to do that?

Sure...  When you post there are a row of black buttons labeled "Insert Tags:"

The second from the last button has a picture of a globe and a link of chain... that is the post a link button.

Click it...  A pop-up window will appear.  The first prompt is what you want to label the link, in this case "Walmart upright smoker" would have been a good input.

The second prompt is for the link address.  I usually just cut and paste this in.

If for some reason you don't see the pop-up window when you click the button, it is probably because you have some kind of security level set too high on your machine.

Hope this helps!

- AG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top