Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:23:03 PM EDT
OK gang, I'm going to buy a compressor tomorrow as my first ever order of Duracoat came in today.  I know I need some kind of airbrush.  I'm going to Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, and Ace Hardware.  Not sure what I'll find.

I've seen threads about the nozzle size for the airbrush -- recommendations?

A friend of mine put some kind of dryer inline to remove all water from the line last weekend when I sand blasted the parts -- recommendations?

He also recommended some sort of inline device to reduce the output of the air compressor to airbrush-managable levels -- recommendations?

As you can see I'm totally new to the airbrush scene, but if this Duracoat goes on and stays on the way I've read it will, I'll probably be doing a lot of parts and guns with the stuff, so....

What should I have on my shopping list?  What are the "must haves" and what is optional?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Nevermind.  Picked up a 27gal 200psi kit with a grip of tools from Lowe's for $299.  Sweet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top