Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 12:30:51 PM EDT
I've got no problems using Krylon but how will the heat of the barrel affect it? It gets really hot. Also how will the heat affect other paint like Duracote, Norrells and the KG products?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:57:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I know that tan krylon turns pink on a hot barrel.  KG is not effected by barrel heat.  In fact, I notice that a barrel stays cooler with a coating of KG when compared to one with out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Heat hasn't done anything to Norrell's tan as of yet.  The krylon on top of teh Norrell's is holding strong as well.  That being said, this is on an AR10 and I don't do mag dumps and such but the barrel does get too hot to touch at times.  YMMV
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#4]

and bake into the pores of the steel.

ummm baked steel.

Im hungry
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top