Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2006 12:04:57 PM EDT

I used CCR once, a few years ago, but they took forever, and then I heard about a couple of bad experiences with them.

The webpage for "Salbo Arms" looks professional, but I don't know anything about them.  Anyone use them?

What are good places that you guys know of, or have used?

(PS: I'm too stupid to do it myself, and don't have the equipment to bead-blast )
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had Robar do one of my handguns and had not problems with them.  I highly recommend their NP3 finish.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've had Robar do one of my handguns and had not problems with them.  I highly recommend their NP3 finish.

Beat me to it, but that is exactly who/what I was going to suggest.  I have a couple of NP3-finished Berettas and I am convinced that it is the absolute best aftermarket finish available.  YMMV.

www.robarguns.com/

What kind of firearm, DK, if you don't mind saying?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Beat me to it, but that is exactly who/what I was going to suggest.  I have a couple of NP3-finished Berettas and I am convinced that it is the absolute best aftermarket finish available.  YMMV.

www.robarguns.com/

What kind of firearm, DK, if you don't mind saying?

1911's of course  

Actually, one is a Ballester-Molina that is more of a "beater" gun, but it's actually really reliable and so I figured I'd get it properly parked.

The other is a Sistema 1927 (1911A1) that I want a two-tone gunkote finish on.

Because both are relatively cheap guns, I'd rather not spend too much for the refinish.     So I think the Robar NP3 may be more than I need.

But thanks for the link.  If I need a "better" gun refinished, I'd definitely consider the NP3, because it sounds very neat.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Speaklng of Robar, here is a couple of HKP7M8s, one of which got the NP3 treatment from Robar.  Very nicely done and I would certainly use them again if I needed a good hot-weather finish on a steel gun:

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Any local gunsmith should be able to do "beater" guns
I charge 60.00 to 85.00 for Gunkote two tone
50.00 for Duracoat
60.00 to 100.00 for bluing
Nickle at 50.00 plus polishing charge.
This is just for your info.
Parkerizing at 40.00 to 60.00
Just rember handguns ship at 30.00 one way with UPS. Fed EX more.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Hey guncrank1, if you're interested, I'll be happy to ship them to you.  I've sent you an IM.

Sorry to the mods if this accidentally turned into a thread that perhaps should have been in the EE.  That was not my intention.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top