Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2020 9:50:48 PM EDT
Just finished a new video. I developed some NV compatible spotter tracer rohnds for my 40mm grenade launchers.

We did some preliminary testing of the spotter components at the east coast meetup on Saturday night. I finally got some material in to make the tracer element. I filmed this through a GP gen3 PVS-14 bungee corded to a board with my phone, lol. Wife is buying me an NV recorder for Christmas and I'm working on printing a gopro to PVS-14 adapter now.

Hope you guys enjoy

40mm with Night Vision.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
That is so cool
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
AWESOME
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Normally i use the M203 as more people enjoy seeing it. But i don't have any NV compatible aiming system for it yet. Though I shoot it enough I may have been able to hit the board at that distance. I'm probably the only guy that could actually use a psq-18, lol.

The cheap red dot im using isn't even NV rated. But the green dot is mostly filtered out by my anvis lenses. So it works out nicely
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Were all those flying glowy bits tiny ir cyalume sticks?

Much enjoyed it. I should ditch my 37mm's and get a 40
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Were all those flying glowy bits tiny ir cyalume sticks?

Much enjoyed it. I should ditch my 37mm's and get a 40
View Quote

Yep! Sometimes it is just chunks of them. Took a little bit of trial and error to see what colors show up best and shine the brightest.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Where are you in ohio....I believe we have similar interests

Are you the guy who has the awesome man room with helmet mounts?
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where are you in ohio....I believe we have similar interests

Are you the guy who has the awesome man room with helmet mounts?
View Quote

Haha yeah thats me. I'm near circleville, south of Columbus.  PM me if your nearby. My daughter quit being my camera operator haha. Bonus points if you can half ass edit videos
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
You make some awesome rounds for those launchers. Maybe I'll pick up an m203 for christmas haha
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Normally i use the M203 as more people enjoy seeing it. But i don't have any NV compatible aiming system for it yet. Though I shoot it enough I may have been able to hit the board at that distance. I'm probably the only guy that could actually use a psq-18, lol.

The cheap red dot im using isn't even NV rated. But the green dot is mostly filtered out by my anvis lenses. So it works out nicely
View Quote
Ive been thinking about sight for my shorty 40 and nv use. Not a fan tho of anything available as I want to keep the form factor small and constrained to the top rail, not hanging off the side. Seems like an RMR on top of a rail that hinged in the front, and you could pull up the back and a spring loaded latch could catch a 100 and 200 yard setting would be perfect. Using a red dot and looking thru the top of the receiver would be no issue.

Seems like a good excuse to get a 3D printer for some prototypes
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ive been thinking about sight for my shorty 40 and nv use. Not a fan tho of anything available as I want to keep the form factor small and constrained to the top rail, not hanging off the side. Seems like an RMR on top of a rail that hinged in the front, and you could pull up the back and a spring loaded latch could catch a 100 and 200 yard setting would be perfect. Using a red dot and looking thru the top of the receiver would be no issue.

Seems like a good excuse to get a 3D printer for some prototypes
View Quote

I bought a broken quadrant sight off venture surplus as I figured it would be a good start. Just need to modify it with a rail to mount a ret dot. I would love one of the meprolight gl-40 sights that are on gunbroker. But they cost more than my launchers lol. And I have other priorities.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#11]
epic
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I want one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#13]
that was pretty neat.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#14]
That is so damn cool.  This might be the nudge I need to get into DDs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Next time i get an opportunity to go to a night shoot, I'll let some more people shoot them so I can get longer range video. Unfortunately all the local ranges close at dark. So I just have my pasture to test in, which makes logistics easy, just doesn't work out well for longer shots. Maybe I can talk my neighbor into letting me use his longer range
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I pulled a couple bullets from 45 colt cowboy loads last night that I filled the base up with the same paint. Just doing a proof of concept to see if the NV tracer will work with those. If it does work i may be getting into reloading smaller calibers haha. I also got some sheets of glow stickers to try out.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Had my wife film some more shots from the balcony tonight. Tracer worked well but the glow sticks did not do as well. The tracers also appeared dimmer. But probably due to the snow covered ground and higher ambient light.

Still testing...

https://youtu.be/wvQjXaPvy-A
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome! I'd love to get a 40mm launcher someday, especially if I could shoot it with my NODs!

You need this IR laser for the m203 I happened on in the EE yesterday. I have no affiliation w/ seller, this thread just reminded me of it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/Attn-m203-clone-builders/148-2068351/

@SGT-Fish

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Awesome! I'd love to get a 40mm launcher someday, especially if I could shoot it with my NODs!

You need this IR laser for the m203 I happened on in the EE yesterday. I have no affiliation w/ seller, this thread just reminded me of it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/Attn-m203-clone-builders/148-2068351/

@SGT-Fish

View Quote

That is awesome.  I wish i had the money for it. But it cost more than what i paid for each of my launchers and I got a baby on the way. Super cool and pretty rare too
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Friggin great video..
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That is awesome.  I wish i had the money for it. But it cost more than what inlaid for each family my launchers and I got a baby on the way. Super cool and pretty rare too
View Quote
Yeah I hear ya. I didn't even know that thing existed. I'd only seen the one that essentially uses a red dot on the Larry Vickers youtube video.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top