Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2020 9:12:33 PM EDT
Going to buy my first pvs-14 threw nightvisionguys.com I have linked a few below I’d like you to tell me which you would choose, my budget is 2700 max

https://www.nightvisionguys.com/pvs-14be-nv-monocular-kit-gen-2-white-phosphor-with-manual-gain

https://www.nightvisionguys.com/nvg-pvs-14-night-vision-monocular-gen-3-auto-gated-made-in-usa

https://www.nightvisionguys.com/agm-pvs-14-3al3-night-vision-monocular-gen-3-auto-gated-level-3

This one is 2900 I tossed it in just for giggles

https://www.nightvisionguys.com/nvg-pvs-14-6015-gen-3-mg-night-vision-monocular
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
None of them really.

NightVisionGuys uses AGM housings and optics, which are very subpar - especially the glass. Bad edge distortion.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok so any recommendations sub 3k ??
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Talk to Robert at JRH enterprises.
Hell of a nice guy!
He usually gives arfcom discounts too.
https://www.jrhenterprises.com/Night-Vision_c3.htm
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait for TNVC sale.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
They do t take PayPal so I cannot buy from them
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Most places really don't. They're not exactly 2A friendly.

That being said, just know if you do proceed with NVG you WILL be getting subpar housings, optics, and after purchase support. Felix was super quick to answer inquiries before I bought, but he was a ghost afterwards. I've had two of their PVS14 builds. The first one over a year ago was great. The second one that I recently got was absolute garbage and built with all AGM.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That being said, just know if you do proceed with NVG you WILL be getting subpar housings, optics, and after purchase support. Felix was super quick to answer inquiries before I bought, but he was a ghost afterwards. I've had two of their PVS14 builds. The first one over a year ago was great. The second one that I recently got was absolute garbage and built with all AGM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally learned how to quote, is agm us built ? This says us parts ??????? Secondly they offer a return policy so I guess I could return it if it’s not nice and 3ed the place you linked me to stated their unit for 2700 had sub par tubes for 2700 ???????
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/PVS14-XLS-WHITE-phosphor-night-vision-monocular-autogated-WPXLS14.htm
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/PVS14-XLS-WHITE-phosphor-night-vision-monocular-autogated-WPXLS14.htm
View Quote

That's what they're using at NVG too - Elbit XLS tubes. You can get great tubes but run the risk of maybe getting lower spec or maybe getting blems. I've had multiple XLS tubes and they were all good to go
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's what they're using at NVG too - Elbit XLS tubes. You can get great tubes but run the risk of maybe getting lower spec or maybe getting blems. I've had multiple XLS tubes and they were all good to go
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it’s my first unit so fingers crossed
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Steele will let you hand pick XLS tubes. I think it's around $2400? For the GP.

XLS is the lowest rating elbit offers. Every tube will either have a spec that failed to meet the next rating, or a blem that dropped it out. Mine has a small zone 3 blem. So you can get lucky, or unlucky. Its a gamble. Vendors that let you hand select will let you pick what aspects are important.

Specs of mine were

SNR: 30.5
Res: 64
Halo: .84
Ebi: .68
FOM: 1952
PC: 2660

Attachment Attached File

Otherwise JRH/TNVC/Steele all have sub 3k 14's that should be good for you. There's a few good vendors to choose from. Look for black friday deals.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:56:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:12:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No Sir and never will with direct anti-gun everything with them. Sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Sir and never will with direct anti-gun everything with them. Sorry.

No biggie
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:46:24 AM EDT
[#14]
NVG - seems serviceable
but you wont have the best glass
MOST of their units do not come with data sheets so you will never really know what you actually have
warranty is only a few years if i remember correctly
and lack of success actually getting a hold of the company rep doesn't leave confidence in after purchase support

also with the use of Apache glass some accessories are not compatible from what i have read here , i do know the demist sheild and eye cup cannot be installed at the same time , actually broke to eye cup retainer ring trying to get it to fit.  it was my first as well  

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:58:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hell of a nice guy!
View Quote
this is what i would recommend
having purchased a $2500 gen 3 pvs 14 with L3 tube from NVG i would go with a vendor with good support and communication and a presence on this forum
they seem to have units in stock within your price range and you will know exactly what you have

TNVC has treated me well with helmet and accessories but i don't think they have anything currently in stock in that range , have a look as well
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hell of a nice guy!
View Quote

Call JRH.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Call JRH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell of a nice guy!

Call JRH.

I need to pay with PayPal so I cannot order from them
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
NVG - seems serviceable
but you wont have the best glass
MOST of their units do not come with data sheets so you will never really know what you actually have
warranty is only a few years if i remember correctly
and lack of success actually getting a hold of the company rep doesn't leave confidence in after purchase support

also with the use of Apache glass some accessories are not compatible from what i have read here , i do know the demist sheild and eye cup cannot be installed at the same time , actually broke to eye cup retainer ring trying to get it to fit.  it was my first as well  

View Quote

Actually that one for 2999 does come with tube spec sheet
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Respectfully, you need to not pick a $2500 NVG vendor based on who will take paypal.  You need to buy your first NVG from a reputable source that will shoot you straight on what you need and not oversell you.  A company that will be there for you before and after the sale and who has the longevity to be there for the long term.

For me, that company more often than not is TNVC.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Respectfully, you need to not pick a $2500 NVG vendor based on who will take paypal.  You need to buy your first NVG from a reputable source that will shoot you straight on what you need and not oversell you.  A company that will be there for you before and after the sale and who has the longevity to be there for the long term.

View Quote

??
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

And still subpar materials, service, and warranty. Don't get me wrong, I understand wanting to use paypal, but this is a situation where you'll regret it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is excellent advice
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And still subpar materials, service, and warranty. Don't get me wrong, I understand wanting to use paypal, but this is a situation where you'll regret it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if you can find me a device that is 3k or under that’s better with white phosphor and they take PayPal and don’t have a 14+ week lead time I am all ears
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well if you can find me a device that is 3k or under that’s better with white phosphor and they take PayPal and don’t have a 14+ week lead time I am all ears
View Quote

Look you can do what you want. All I'm saying is that you're going to get a shitty unit. If you want to spend your money there and are okay with that just because they take paypal, by all means go ahead. The NV industry is a niche industry. Demand is high, supply is low. Nearly every REPUTABLE dealer selling quality goods are back ordered. There's a reason NVG isn't one of them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Look you can do what you want. All I'm saying is that you're going to get a shitty unit. If you want to spend your money there and are okay with that just because they take paypal, by all means go ahead. The NV industry is a niche industry. Demand is high, supply is low. Nearly every REPUTABLE dealer selling quality goods are back ordered. There's a reason NVG isn't one of them.
View Quote

All I am saying is if you know of a place hook me up
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:00:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I swear OP is a troll or something, he had some thread in General Discussion that was a bit borderline troll as well. Just look at his username by the way. I think he just wants to waste our time.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:20:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

All I am saying is if you know of a place hook me up
View Quote

Just curious, but what is the PayPal hangup? If it is for the buyer protections, AMEX, Discover, and many other credit card companies offer excellent buyer protection services.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Just curious, but what is the PayPal hangup? If it is for the buyer protections, AMEX, Discover, and many other credit card companies offer excellent buyer protection services.
View Quote

My guess is 0% interest on $100+ purchases
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL, OP is a 20er and choosing an NVG based on who takes fucking PP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top