Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2020 5:37:00 PM EDT
I purchased a Safariland 6390RDS as I read that the TOR mini was mostly "Surefire X300-family" sized.

Needless to say, it doesn't fit in the 6390RDS that is made for the x300 lights.  

What holster are people using?  Glock 19 with RMR and TOR?

Any success heating up kydex to reform slightly to fit the TOR?
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
We don’t trash our industry partners here in a tech forum. - Taft
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Makes sense, done.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Makes sense, done.
Thanks
View Quote
less money? arent the VIRs like $390?

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lowest one on right now Ebay is 309.00 or best offer with free shipping. If you look they can be found new for 280.00
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Itll fit my Safariland holster that fits my TLR1 HL? Because if so I know what Im looking for this black friday.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Botach had them for like 260 at one point.  I think my wife paid 320 on amazon for mine. It was exactly what I wanted in a pistol light. It fits holsters I already have, and I can use it without NV so my main squeeze glock can be setup for any situation.  If the price ever goes back down I may pick up another. In the mean time i might buy a tlr-vir1 for my PCC
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Itll fit my Safariland holster that fits my TLR1 HL? Because if so I know what Im looking for this black friday.
View Quote

I don't own a HL, but the HL looks to be the same TLR 1/2 footprint, so It should fit any TLR 1/2 holsters out there.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#9]
In for my own interest on this very subject.  I've been thinking about which gun to put my TOR on, and the holster problem has me at an impasse.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got a Tor mini, and I like it (on a subgun), but for pistol I much prefer running a dot and a x300v (assuming dominant eye has i2).
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#11]

All questions about Advertising should be directed to [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Makes sense, done.
Thanks
View Quote

Well that didn't take much convincing, lol. I read your post meaning that you already own the TOR?

If that's the case, I wouldn't rush and make a buying decision based on only one person's suggestion to ditch it with no other reason other than the TLR is cheaper. I'm only bringing this up because people have made purchasing decisions based on incorrect or incomplete info.

Hopefully someone will reply with some info to actually help you and answer your question which holster for TOR mini on Glock 19. I'm not swiping at anybody but it sucks when no one actually answers somebody's question(s).

I can't answer your question because I have zero firsthand experience with the TOR. If it's a close fit, I'd try heating it up/modifying the holster, but if it's clearly a no-go then I wouldn't mess up the holster. Try a custom holster like the mentioned above or make your own (DIY Kydex is a cool project).
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well that didn't take much convincing, lol. I read your post meaning that you already own the TOR?
View Quote
Yes, I have a TOR.  It is a close to fitting in the holster.  The sharp corners dig into kydex.  I thought heating a bit to flatten out the bottom might work.

I was looking for an excuse to get the VIR anyways.   TOR is cheaper though.  Vir cost me $328 shipped.

I really just want a setup that is plug and play.  

I can use the TOR on something else.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How old is your TOR? The V2 came out a few months ago where we had Steiner take off the sharp corners of the unit. They're all rounded now, that should help with the "bite" inside the holsters.
View Quote
I just received it in the last month.  It has very sharp corners.

STEINER/TNVC TOR-MINI IR VPC (VARIABLE POWER CONTROL) (V)2 (#SEO-TOR-MINI-IR-BLK)

They are sharp enough to scrape kydex out of the holster.  I had to disassemble the holster to remove the pistol.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hmm, good info. Where exactly on the TOR is it biting on the holster? And what exact SF holster is this? Thank you
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/19/2020 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
No.   My Safariland is rated for the TLR1, but the TOR doesn't fit.   Don't make my mistake.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't own a HL, but the HL looks to be the same TLR 1/2 footprint, so It should fit any TLR 1/2 holsters out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which Safariland holster does your TOR fit in?

Please don't go by weapon light format, as that doesn't work.   The TOR isn't equivalent to the x300 series.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#21]
i had to make my own kydex holster. i probably have 15-20hrs in it start to finish. take it to a company that makes holsters and have them do it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:34:02 AM EDT
[#23]
So what Holster actually fits the Tor Mini?  I got one and need a holster.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So what Holster actually fits the Tor Mini?  I got one and need a holster.
View Quote

I'd like to know this as well. Holster availability really limits its use as a pistol laser.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'd like to know this as well. Holster availability really limits its use as a pistol laser.
View Quote

Subscribed for an answer.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:16:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wanted to make sure the ARFCOM NV community knows that we have not forgotten about this.

Steiner and TNVC are working towards a solution for the TOR-MINI-IR holster compatibility issue.

Part of this process involves testing a very large variety of holsters. The unprecedented level of demand for products such as holsters is delaying the speed of this process.

We will let you know as soon as we have more information to share.

View Quote

Dope!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:26:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I'd buy another if I knew I had a holster option other than my crappy home-made Kydex.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I'd buy another if I knew I had a holster option other than my crappy home-made Kydex.
View Quote

This. I'm hesitant to buy more (for pistols at least).
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would also get another if I could mount on a G19 and buy a holster for it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:38:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#35]
How has no one mentioned the Crye Gunclip?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top