Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2020 10:48:49 AM EDT
Are there any reputable companies or site sponsors where I can backorder a mawl that wont charge me till it ships?
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#2]
You have some protection with a charge card, do it on a charge card, preferably one that has a zero balance so you can more easily pay attention to it.  
I wouldn't worry too much about a large company and a credit card transaction, particularly for 'shipped goods' as it's rather simple to prove if you got ripped off or not.  Wouldn't hurt to record the 'opening of the box' when it arrives too.  

Know your financial institution too, specifically their policies on chargebacks and timelines as pertinent to this situation.  
Capital One is good, and a shop I'd buy a MAWL from is someone big and reputable that's well known by others.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#3]
ModArmory has you put down a 125 dollar deposit, then calls you to collect the balance when it ships.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shoot us an e-mail.

Our eCommerce platform is set up to charge immediately as we find that that’s what most customers tend to prefer despite other vendors having turned it into a marketing hook, but we’re set up to take deposits as well or alternate payment terms as well. Just takes an e-mail.

~Augee
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there any reputable companies or site sponsors where I can backorder a mawl that wont charge me till it ships?

Shoot us an e-mail.

Our eCommerce platform is set up to charge immediately as we find that that’s what most customers tend to prefer despite other vendors having turned it into a marketing hook, but we’re set up to take deposits as well or alternate payment terms as well. Just takes an e-mail.

~Augee

I like this. Good to know y’all do this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shoot us an e-mail.

~Augee
View Quote

Thanks. I will probably email you guys this week. I would just rather put funds towards payment on transferable M16 right now if its gonna be 4 months till mawl ships. Im use to waiting for tax stamps so hopefully this would be quicker.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I was on the BE meyers website last week and just for fun I looked in their webstore.  I clicked on the Mawl tab and was in stock and able to order one.  It arrives on thursday.  I just checked on their webstore today and it now says out of stock.  Must have gotten the last one.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Kenzies Optics sent a email last night that they had them in-stock. Not sure if they still are, to expensive for me or I'd be all over it.https://www.kenziesoptics.com/product/b-e-meyers-mawl-c1-modular-advanced-weapon-laser-multiple-options/
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks. What the difference besides the E2 tail with the newest generation? How can I tell what generation it is?
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 4:30:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was on the BE meyers website last week and just for fun I looked in their webstore.  I clicked on the Mawl tab and was in stock and able to order one.  It arrives on thursday.  I just checked on their webstore today and it now says out of stock.  Must have gotten the last one.
View Quote

Also a few hundred dollars more than the retailers.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its possible they did a stop sale until they work out an issue, similar to how auto manufacturers do.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#13]
primary arms has them in stock, click on "All Products" and then "Lights and Lasers"
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks. I will probably email you guys this week. I would just rather put funds towards payment on transferable M16 right now if its gonna be 4 months till mawl ships. Im use to waiting for tax stamps so hopefully this would be quicker.
View Quote

Hopefully you don't live in cold environment OP, them new mawls don't like to work if it's cold out. lol
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hopefully you don't live in cold environment OP, them new mawls don't like to work if it's cold out. lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's scary disappointing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don’t worry. You won’t be able to find the dot in thick brush even when it does work lol
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Just tossed in on one from TNVC. I like the cut of their jib so decided to go that route.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:19:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

a whole group of people just recently ran into the issue at a training event.  Supposedly nearly all of them couldn't get the detent to depress to rotate the head from off to any of the on settings.

I think a drop of oil fixes it, but I believe BE Meyers hopped in and knows about the issue so hopefully gets fixed soon.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

a whole group of people just recently ran into the issue at a training event.  Supposedly nearly all of them couldn't get the detent to depress to rotate the head from off to any of the on settings.

I think a drop of oil fixes it, but I believe BE Meyers hopped in and knows about the issue so hopefully gets fixed soon.
View Quote

Maybe that's part of the replaceable propeller upgrade. How can I tell if its the newest model? Are the ones at PA the newest gun?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Maybe that's part of the replaceable propeller upgrade. How can I tell if its the newest model? Are the ones at PA the newest gun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recently ordered a MAWL-C1+ at MOD Armory and received it in July this year, would I have this issue? I've brought it out in desert nights in NV and CA and it hasn't gotten that cold for me to see issues so far.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like a drop of oil fixes the issue.    Has anyone else seen these in stock anywhere??
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#23]
It sounds like these units are already spoken for at any of the retailers I can find.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I recently ordered a MAWL-C1+ at MOD Armory and received it in July this year, would I have this issue? I've brought it out in desert nights in NV and CA and it hasn't gotten that cold for me to see issues so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a problem I have encountered from a unit I purchased spring of this year. I have to remove the cap and re-install in order for it to work properly. I will try the drop of oil to see if that stops it from occurring again.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I ordered mine directly from BE Meyers about a little over a week ago.  Got it this past Monday.  It was their black Friday sale, it came also with the extended battery compartment.  I've had it out a couple nights this week with temps high 20's to mid 30's and have had no issues.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I ordered mine directly from BE Meyers about a little over a week ago.  Got it this past Monday.  It was their black Friday sale, it came also with the extended battery compartment.  I've had it out a couple nights this week with temps high 20's to mid 30's and have had no issues.
View Quote

Were they discounted?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Were they discounted?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were they discounted?

No, just came with the AA battery extender and expedited shipping for free.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No, just came with the AA battery extender and expedited shipping for free.
View Quote

Yes, ^^^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Bumping this to see if there are any updates on where to find a MAWL. Missed the BE Meyers Black Friday sale and have a NV course in mid Feb I'd like to have a MAWL for. Is my only option to try to find one used somewhere or is there hope on the horizon of a semi-short wait for a pre-order?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bumping this to see if there are any updates on where to find a MAWL. Missed the BE Meyers Black Friday sale and have a NV course in mid Feb I'd like to have a MAWL for. Is my only option to try to find one used somewhere or is there hope on the horizon of a semi-short wait for a pre-order?
View Quote

I think your best bet is to buy a used one or stalk be Meyers website and hop on it when they come back in stock Seem like they restock themselves before there distributors

https://bemeyers.com/shop/mawl-c1
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Funny how that works...
View Quote

Yeah it’s not right u guys got shafted

How long are wait times from tnvc if you buy backorder?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top