Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2020 8:51:30 PM EDT
Old time NV guy here with a crazy idea, but I'm looking for a pressure switch that can do both constant on and momentary on for 2 devices, one of which will be a SF of some sort...

But here's the catch, the other device connector needs to NOT be some proprietary connector, but any commonly available type will do.

Reason being as #1, I'm a tinker. #2 I have a couple of obsolete lasers that I'm looking to keep running rather than investing in the latest hotness. Did that 16 years ago and can't afford it now that I have a wife and 3 kids.

Even an airsoft copy would work, just to prototype the thing...thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Old time NV guy here with a crazy idea, but I'm looking for a pressure switch that can do both constant on and momentary on for 2 devices, one of which will be a SF of some sort...

But here's the catch, the other device connector needs to NOT be some proprietary connector, but any commonly available type will do.

Reason being as #1, I'm a tinker. #2 I have a couple of obsolete lasers that I'm looking to keep running rather than investing in the latest hotness. Did that 16 years ago and can't afford it now that I have a wife and 3 kids.

View Quote
https://www.unitytactical.com/product-category/taps/
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

So your saying you have a “special one”  and need a pressure switch for a clad you picked up.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure exactly what you're getting at ^^^

If you need specifics, I've got a VITAL 2. The biggest drawback I have with it is the lack of a constant on feature and the factory switches are less than optimal. Both of which may be addressed by a more modern switch...

I could just splice wires, but that would be going the easy route. I'm thinking of making and adapter that will plug in and have a female side for a more commonly available switch, but so far it looks like the Steiner/Insight type connector is the most common. Since those seem to be proprietary, I may have to put a bit more effort into the project.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top