BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2020 3:28:58 PM EDT
Hey.

I'm stumped here.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
the Wilcox G11 would probably be the simplest one to get if you plan on using a standard PVS 14 j arm, the G24 would be a other option but you would have to get a Wilcox dovetail J arm or something to be able to use it
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the Wilcox G11 would probably be the simplest one to get if you plan on using a standard PVS 14 j arm, the G24 would be a other option but you would have to get a Wilcox dovetail J arm or something to be able to use it
View Quote

Same as above except I'd go with a ModArmory dovetail JArm and skip the slop that is built into the Wilcox mount.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thank you for your order!
View Quote

It was a no-brainer, my pleasure.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Same as above except I'd go with a ModArmory dovetail JArm and skip the slop that is built into the Wilcox mount.
View Quote

Not calling you out on this at all, but can you elaborate? Does the WC bump have slop known to be built into its mount or whatever?

edited because I can't spell somewhere
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#6]
team wendy bump is a solid choice.  I have a wilcox g24 and its really nice.  Ive never been able to compare the g24 to anything other than a norotos low stow.  The low stow was nice as well.  Out of the 6 guys i shoot at night with 5 of us have the g24 and only the one has a norotos.  I believe the price range on both is pretty comparable.  

If you get the wendy bump, i would recommend the 4G pads as an upgrade.  Makes a huge difference if you are going to be wearing it for any length of time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the replies.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not calling you out on this at all, but can you elaborate? Does the WC bump have slop known to be built into its mount or whatever?

edited because I can't spell somewhere
View Quote

It's the Wilcox JArm that has slop not the Wilcox mount.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Which WP mono you pick up?  I’m in market too so just curious.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Which WP mono you pick up?  I’m in market too so just curious.
View Quote

This guy right here.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Bought one of those myself a few nights ago from JRH.

I think Im more anxious waiting for it than my suppressors.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

I ordered the same item as you both

Figure before it get here its time to look for a helmet and mount

I just want a bump helmet ( non ballistic ) and a mount that allows me to add another pvs14 or thermal later

Man this is gonna cost us
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#13]
G22E mount

If you want to wear full seal goggles under NODs or a gas mask it's VERY nice to have the extended travel.

MOD Armory D14 is very nice for a PV14. A Youtuber named "Nitewalker" has an excellent video pointing out some of its benefits.  The ability to kick up night vision while keeping it parallel to the deck is nice as explained by Kinetic Consulting in his video about his dual tubes and how it helps prevent moisture build up on lenses when in high humidity.  Also, you can imagine how nice that feature is when working around vehicles or if you're a taller fella who wants to walk through doors without smacking his NODs .  

Link Posted: 10/19/2020 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
G22E mount

If you want to wear full seal goggles under NODs or a gas mask it's VERY nice to have the extended travel.

MOD Armory D14 is very nice for a PV14. A Youtuber named "Nitewalker" has an excellent video pointing out some of its benefits.  The ability to kick up night vision while keeping it parallel to the deck is nice as explained by Kinetic Consulting in his video about his dual tubes and how it helps prevent moisture build up on lenses when in high humidity.  Also, you can imagine how nice that feature is when working around vehicles or if you're a taller fella who wants to walk through doors without smacking his NODs .  

View Quote

I'm sure it's nice, but not $500 nice for a tier 87 operator.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Nototos INVG is the golden standard for a monocular. TATM and AKA2 mounts are also pretty nice for the money, and are a lot cheaper than the INVG. If you have a feeling you ever might want to go to binos, go with a Wilcox G24. It’ll work just as good with a monocular but won’t stow as close to your helmet as the INVG
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys.

So ended up with a Wendy EXFIL LTP bump w 3.0 rail (coyote), Wilcox G24 and J arm from ownthenight.com

The hard goods from JRH.

Used some rewards points from Amazon to get a counterbalance weight for the rear end.

Learned a lot in a few days!

Link Posted: 10/20/2020 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#17]
..and a Mystery Ranch pack that they make for NV gear to protect all the goods.

Link Posted: 10/20/2020 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey guys.

So ended up with a Wendy EXFIL LTP bump w 3.0 rail (coyote), Wilcox G24 and J arm from ownthenight.com

The hard goods from JRH.

Used some rewards points from Amazon to get a counterbalance weight for the rear end.

Learned a lot in a few days!

View Quote

Looks great, post pics when you get everything together.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm sure it's nice, but not $500 nice for a tier 87 operator.
View Quote
Unfortunately you don't have a ton of cheaper options regardless of if you're tier 1 or tier 87. NV gear is hardly ever cheap

Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Great turn around time!

Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I just want a bump helmet ( non ballistic ) and a mount that allows me to add another pvs14 or thermal later

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We should start a support group while we all wait

I just bought one from JRH tonight as well and spoke with Robert briefly on the phone. Good company to deal with.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#22]
He’s a great person to do business with.

Everything is in the email.

Now, off to sight in the DBAL 3
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I just bought one from JRH tonight as well and spoke with Robert briefly on the phone. Good company to deal with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I (obviously) wanted to be in the game for around 5 large or less. But I am glad I spent some dough and got all Wilcox stuff and TW bucket stuff. Honestly don’t know much about lasers and IR and just got a Steiner DBAL 3, but so far for my needs which are non tactical and mostly for PD and the occasional coyote it will serve for me, at this moment in time.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#24]
You guys won’t regret buying this specific tube.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top