Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2020 3:28:31 PM EDT
Will’s optics in Savanna Ga.  any one have experience with them?  They have a tubes for my 7Bs.  Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with him.

Info is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
My only experience with Will’s Optic was correspondence via email. Was responsive.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I've ordered from them in the past and haven't had any issues. Quality was better than I expected and shipping was fast.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Will is a good dude, got me a great unit at a great price.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]
He sent me a lower cost bridge than what I paid for and he told me to use it like I was trying to break it until the correct one arrived. 3 months later he stopped responding to the 4 inquire I made after promising it'll be in this week, to i just shipped it out. I had to go to my credit card company to file a dispute which he quickly texted me telling me I'm taking food out of his families mouth and how he can no longer fulfill orders because of my 2,500 discrepancy. I immediately contacted the CC and had them reimburse me the difference of 150.00 between the 2 bridges. Total order took 6 months until I made everything right, so no I would not recommend his business. Also he prefers instant payment vs credit card transaction  I wonder why????
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm could see where one may get to prefer instant payment method if they ran into an instance or two of loaning kit out as a stop gap for an extended period of time & then have someone file a CC grievance with them.

I've known Will for more a good bit & can't recall a lot of complaints, even in these Social media days.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm could see where one may get to prefer instant payment method if they ran into an instance or two of loaning kit out as a stop gap for an extended period of time & then have someone file a CC grievance with them.

I've known Will for more a good bit & can't recall a lot of complaints, even in these Social media days.
View Quote

It wasn't a loaner, it was new from ModArmory, he ordered the wrong bridge. Also he said he was building my 14s in house which also wasn't true since it shipped from HEATs address. He was suppose to match a filmed L3 Omni VIII tube with a L3 Omni VIII, but I got a ITT/ Harris NOS Omni VII built in 2015  He quoted me a 3 day turn around time from the time he received my original 14 so he could match the tube which turned out to be a fiasco of 6 months, so there was no stop gap of him being a mis understood good guy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It wasn't a loaner, it was new from ModArmory, he ordered the wrong bridge.
View Quote

And, he told you to use it until the new one arrived per your first post.

Sounded like it was an offer to loan you a piece of kit until the one you actually ordered showed up. Dealers don't normally get to return items to manufacturers after they order the wrong sku & let a customer use it. Reads like he tried to minimize any mistake on that.

There was nothing mentioned regarding tubes in your first post.

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And, he told you to use it until the new one arrived per your first post.

Sounded like it was an offer to loan you a piece of kit until the one you actually ordered showed up. Dealers don't normally get to return items to manufacturers after they order the wrong sku & let a customer use it. Reads like he tried to minimize any mistake on that.

There was nothing mentioned regarding tubes in your first post.

View Quote

I decided cut losses nothing wrong with that.  But since he was letting me use the wrong part he sent me, stopped communicating since he had my money for several months, his 3day turn tine was 6 months and he's a supposedly good guy. Got it.

Take TNVC a huge sponsor on here , I have disagreements with them all the time, but I would have no problem saying they're a stand up company with integrity and many will agree. Can't say that about Wills Optics.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As a former customer of WO before I worked for TNVC, I would highly advise you to go elsewhere.

The amount of people screwed over (including myself, sold a Photonis tube but was told it was American Hen3) from that company is lengthy.

In addition I have performed repair work on several of their systems and had to inform the owner that not only are their housing broken and in need of replacement but that their American Gen3 WP tubes were infact Russian tubes. They were screwed out of thousands of dollars. HEAT is also somehow involved with them and I’ve taken apart their systems and caught them passing off Russian Gen2 for US Gen3 to folks who just didn’t know.

I have many many other unfortunate stories like this one.

View Quote

Dang...
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh shit. Crossing fingers.
Makes the wait worse.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 2:37:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As a former customer of WO before I worked for TNVC, I would highly advise you to go elsewhere.

The amount of people screwed over (including myself, sold a Photonis tube but was told it was American Hen3) from that company is lengthy.

In addition I have performed repair work on several of their systems and had to inform the owner that not only are their housing broken and in need of replacement but that their American Gen3 WP tubes were infact Russian tubes. They were screwed out of thousands of dollars. HEAT is also somehow involved with them and I’ve taken apart their systems and caught them passing off Russian Gen2 for US Gen3 to folks who just didn’t know.

I have many many other unfortunate stories like this one.

View Quote

Have you considered that maybe Carl Williams/WO sent you the Russian tubes as a "Stop Gap" until he can provide you with an legit American gen 3 tube
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#14]
he certainly has a lot of "interesting" things.

I'm not going to throw anyone under the bus on a public forum but ive never done business with him and dont plan to based on the pictures of items he has posted.

I will leave it at that, PM me if you want to know the details.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Interesting
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I am in the process of getting something from them.
Week 3 on something that said:

15 in stock (can be backordered)

Perhaps I misunderstood what that meant, but I did confirm he got my order.
So I will wait a bit longer and hope for the best.
I'll post the results here.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What kind of a business practice is that?
View Quote

A shitty one outside of extremely rare circumstances.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What kind of a business practice is that?
View Quote

Not to knock on anyone or anything but to give credit where credit is due - I just ordered an eyepiece along with other items from you guys while the eyepiece was listed as out of stock but backorder ok. My order shipped in very timely fashion and the eyepiece was included. Just noting, you guys made sure I received everything in the order including what was out of stock. No, it wasn’t big ticket ($$$) items but you guys made sure to come through and the kind of service that’ll keep me coming back. I know it can’t happen like that every time but I know you guys will make it happen when you can and I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
he certainly has a lot of "interesting" things.
View Quote

That’s a understatement. A lot of those things aren’t all that uncommon though and are way overpriced
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top