Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
BNVD-UL /w battery pack from JRH - ordered 5/14/20, received 7/10/20. Was quoted 4-6 weeks lead, but told Robert I'd be okay waiting a little longer for good tubes. Glad I did.

L3 Filmless WP Tubes - zero blems and a few pepper flakes

SNR : 34.4/35.1
EBI : 0.2/0.3
Halo : 0.7/0.7
Center Res : 72/72
Photocathode: 2289/2577
FOM: 2477/2527

So happy I went the "buy once, cry once" route. Have since added a COTI from JRH as well. Robert was fantastic to work with.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 3:43:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Just ordered a set of Single Gain BNVD's with the XLS White Phos tubes from JRH. Robert is VERY transparent about the quality of these tubes when ordering, I think even more so than needed! He certainly makes sure you are aware of the quality of these tubes, so you don't expect some filmless L3s to show up.

Once I get mine in, I will certainly give a review on them. Very happy with Robert and JRH, absolutely can not beat the price for some articulating dual tubes. I'm sure some people want much higher quality out of their tubes, but these will be plenty fine for me, and i'm sure most people.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

RNVG with L3 Unfilmed Tubes from TNVC. I would recommend them.
Ordered: July 9 Received: October 6
89 Days Wait

Left
FOM Photocathode Sensitivity: 2080
EBI: 0.2
Signal to Noise: 32.8
Center Resolution: 72
Halo: 0.7

Right

FOM Photocathode Sensitivity: 2062
EBI: 0.2
Signal to Noise: 33.3
Center Resolution: 72
Halo 0.7

View Quote

You have me so excited bc I ordered DTNVG on 7/22 and hope to get them soon so I can train a bit with them before actually going to a GLT course I signed up for.  Very excited ??
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree those are about as close as possible... lol that EBI is KILLER
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't think these exist...

The GSCI PVS31C isn't a US milspec housing in any shape way or form, and since it's Canadian, it's tailored to countries who can't get US made housings (real PVS31s, RNVGs, BNVDs, etc) due to ITAR. Because of that, the tubes that are offered are also not made in the US; they're typically offered with Photonis, Harder Digital, or Russian Katod tubes.

Why not just get DTNVGs or BNVDs with L3 WP tubes? Why the GSCI housing?
View Quote

I’m almost positive Steele Industries is selling the 31C. I think it’s a more affordable option vs the dtnvg. I could be entirely wrong here as well...
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The PVS31C's I ordered from Steele were 22UA L3 WP tubes. The spec sheet I saw for the then were 2500+ FOM and 2400+ FOM. I just liked them due to the AUX power capability and Aluminum housing. I would never get the GSCI optics but just the 31c housing is what interested me.

Left:
FOM: 2585
S/N: 35.9
res: 72
ebi: 0.3
halo: 0.7

Right:
FOM: 2419
S/N: 33.6
res: 72
ebi: 0.4
halo: 0.6
View Quote

Those are solid specs. We’re you able to get them with different glass?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’m almost positive Steele Industries is selling the 31C. I think it’s a more affordable option vs the dtnvg. I could be entirely wrong here as well...
View Quote

Yeah, so apparently my info is a little old and didn't take into account COVID delays and the insane demand in the market (thank you for the heads up Augee).

GSCI used to be pretty much only found in Canada, Europe, and Asia (okay, so everywhere else in the world except the US) due to ITAR issues with everything else but I guess since there's a shortage of everything night vision right now, vendors are buying their housings and sticking tubes in them.

I still think the vast majority of options are superior if you can find them in stock (except AGM, they're about the same as GSCI). There's a reason you're paying more for other housings, and in night vision, you tend to get what you pay for. I wouldn't go as far to say their build quality is "bad", just as I wouldn't exactly say AGM build quality is "bad". But it's not up to par with other manufacturers producing milspec components or proven housings.

Also, don't get sucked into it just cause it says it's a "PVS31"-C; it's got nothing to do with PVS31s. I'm kind of surprised that L3H allowed them to use that name but it might just be that they're too insignificant to bother with.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, so apparently my info is a little old and didn't take into account COVID delays and the insane demand in the market (thank you for the heads up Augee).

GSCI used to be pretty much only found in Canada, Europe, and Asia (okay, so everywhere else in the world except the US) due to ITAR issues with everything else but I guess since there's a shortage of everything night vision right now, vendors are buying their housings and sticking tubes in them.

I still think the vast majority of options are superior if you can find them in stock (except AGM, they're about the same as GSCI). There's a reason you're paying more for other housings, and in night vision, you tend to get what you pay for. I wouldn't go as far to say their build quality is "bad", just as I wouldn't exactly say AGM build quality is "bad". But it's not up to par with other manufacturers producing milspec components or proven housings.

Also, don't get sucked into it just cause it says it's a "PVS31"-C; it's got nothing to do with PVS31s. I'm kind of surprised that L3H allowed them to use that name but it might just be that they're too insignificant to bother with.
View Quote

I was just curious what leads you to believe the GSCI PV31 housings are not as good as some US brands? Is it durability, Options on the housing etc..? Just curious if the others are worth the extra scratch when the L3 tubes are the same.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was just curious what leads you to believe the GSCI PV31 housings are not as good as some US brands? Is it durability, Options on the housing etc..? Just curious if the others are worth the extra scratch when the L3 tubes are the same.
View Quote

It's nothing I can quantitatively substantiate. The build quality of the housing feels subpar compared to a DTNVG and the glass is objectively worse. While it boasts quite a feature set including autoshutoff upon pod rotation or flipping up the unit, the one I had previously tried had some issues with both being somewhat unreliable. The owner of the device and I also had some problems with the battery, battery compartment, or power supply that caused flickering (although that may have been due to the temperature we were using it in as it was well below -20 degrees Celsius which is -4 degrees Fahrenheit). It may have been the individual unit, I'm not sure, but having those issues is indicative of build quality and quality control in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Well last night was a good night - received my first ever NVD and looked through night vision for the first time ever. Absolutely amazing. The family and I didn’t put it down all night. We were blown away. This will be greatly enjoyed and I see more in my future.

I ordered a GP PVS-14 (blem) from USNV. Very very happy with the outcome and wouldn’t second guess going with the blem model for one second given the savings. Sale price was $2,350 and the only significant blem is way out on the edge of zone 3.

Photocathode sensitivity: 2480
Halo: .96
EBI: 1.36
Res: 64
SNR: 29.7
FOM: 1900.8

I can’t even imagine what the super tubes must look like because the fidelity through this one was shockingly good. Far exceeded expectations.

Ordered 9/16 and received on 10/12.

I’m stoked.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#13]
delete
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered the white phosphor bnvd-sg from JRH on July 11. I can't remember the quoted lead time but I received them today though I had requests for some certain specs. I was offered an alternative set of binary tubes in Sept but I declined them.
The specs I received are
Ebi .46/.43
Res 64/64
Snr 31.7/31.4

There's a little bit of chicken wire on the bottom of the left tube but I didn't notice any other blems.

Eta: also ordered a coti from JRH when they first had them on sale and received it within about a week of the order.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 12:48:39 AM EDT
[#15]
JRH
Ordered 8/30
Shipped 9/4

PVS-14 Photonis Echo
Photocathode sensitivity:
Halo: .80
EBI: 0.17
Res: 68
SNR: 30.37
FOM: 2066

JRH
Ordered 2/26
Shipped 3/17

PVS-14 Elbit
Photocathode sensitivity: 2461
Halo: .83
EBI: 1.14
SNR: 26.7
FOM: 1708.8
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#17]
L3 Unfilmed WP RNVG's in FDE from @TNVC -- Ordered 7/6, recieved 10/14

SNR : 33.8 / 32.1
EBI : 0.3 / 0.4
Halo : 0.7 / 0.9
Center Res : 72 / 72
Photocathode Sensitivity: 2138 / 2219
FOM: 2433 / 2311

No blems on sheet, 1 tiny pinhole blem on left tube in zone 2 and 1 in zone 3 (not noticable unless you're really looking for em).  Right Tube I haven't noticed any wirth noting.

Also have a COTI from JRH.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well last night was a good night - received my first ever NVD and looked through night vision for the first time ever. Absolutely amazing. The family and I didn’t put it down all night. We were blown away. This will be greatly enjoyed and I see more in my future.

I ordered a GP PVS-14 (blem) from USNV. Very very happy with the outcome and wouldn’t second guess going with the blem model for one second given the savings. Sale price was $2,350 and the only significant blem is way out on the edge of zone 3.

Photocathode sensitivity: 2480
Halo: .96
EBI: 1.36
FOM: 1900.8

I can’t even imagine what the super tubes must look like because the fidelity through this one was shockingly good. Far exceeded expectations.

Ordered 9/16 and received on 10/12.

I’m stoked.
View Quote

congrats, those specs are really good for 2350!
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Vendor:                  JRH Enterprises

Order Date:            04/13/2020

Order Shipped:      05/26/2020

Quoted lead Time: Around 4 weeks - COVID/Rioting had an impact but not much at all

Product:                  BNVD-SG White Phosphor WHP+ (YH Grade Elbit Systems tubes, I believe.)

Price:                       $7,900

L/R Tube Specs      

SNR:                 30/29.8

EBI:                   1.73/0.57

Photocathade: 2252/2404

FOM:                 1920/1907  

RES:                   64/64        

HALO:                0.76/0.97

BLEMS:             None

Link Posted: 10/16/2020 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
JRH

PVS-14 WP HP+

Quoted 4 to 6 weeks, actual was 10 weeks to the day but communicated the delay so it is what it is.

PS 2237
Halo .97
EBI 1.48
Res 64
FOM 1849.6
StN 28.9

No spots as noted.

Took mine outside last night and was amazed how it looked light daylight and crystal clear.

The last time I looked thru one was 1982 Ft. Knox, Ky in boot camp. I couldnt make out shit and it was like a small telescope.

Big changes in 38 yrs. Now just for my Perst 3 to get here.....
View Quote

I wanted to add an update since this thread is about vendor review.

When I first turned on my unit and the illuminator I noticed a flashlight type pattern on the wall, I assumed it was the IR illuminator and other than that I was happy with what I could see, etc tempering that with

this was the only NV I've looked thru since 1983.

I've been looking at everyone's white wall pictues and noticed how clear they were, unbleminshed and artifact free other than black spots.  As I used my scope I could see the large scale shading and an image

line running thru the occular. The shading is 8 pm to noon and the line from 4 pm to noon.

I sent the pics below to Robert @ JRH and he sent them to his tech which agreed there may be an issue and issued an RMA and I was thankful for his quick and honest reply.

The scope was shippid to NVD and received 10/14. Robert said I should expect at least M-F or 5 business days to hear anything as they are swamped.

I haven't read of anyone using the warranty process so I thought this may be useful.

The pics are enclosed.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

When I first turned on my unit and the illuminator I noticed a flashlight type pattern on the wall, I assumed it was the IR illuminator and other than that I was happy with what I could see, etc tempering that with

I've been looking at everyone's white wall pictues and noticed how clear they were, unbleminshed and artifact free other than black spots.  As I used my scope I could see the large scale shading and an image

line running thru the occular. The shading is 8 pm to noon and the line from 4 pm to noon.

I sent the pics below to Robert @ JRH and he sent them to his tech which agreed there may be an issue and issued an RMA and I was thankful for his quick and honest reply.

The scope was shippid to NVD and received 10/14. Robert said I should expect at least M-F or 5 business days to hear anything as they are swamped.

I haven't read of anyone using the warranty process so I thought this may be useful.

The pics are enclosed.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/411635/Outside_pic_jpg-1638725.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/411635/whitewall_Illuminator_jpg-1638724.JPG
View Quote

There is a very high probability this is self induced temporary image burn/shading from looking at a white wall with your onboard IR on. In the second pic, that little red light off to the right is the IR on indicator. I have had multiple customers do exactly this with similar outcomes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There is a very high probability this is self induced temporary image burn/shading from looking at a white wall with your onboard IR on. In the second pic, that little red light off to the right is the IR on indicator. I have had multiple customers do exactly this with similar outcomes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The pics are enclosed.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/411635/whitewall_Illuminator_jpg-1638724.JPG

Who would have guessed the PVS 14 illuminator can temporarily damage your unit?

I wondered what that little red light meant :)

I could be wrong but I suspect I could turn on the illuminator and leave it on for a couple hours pointed at a wall and not damage my unit.

That isnt the issue at all.

That patteren was there the second I first turned on till I sent it in almost a month later with about 8 hrs of use.

I have no doubt that JRH will either say my unit is fine or make it right  if not.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Who would have guessed the PVS 14 illuminator can temporarily damage your unit?

I wondered what that little red light meant :)

I could be wrong but I suspect I could turn on the illuminator and leave it on for a couple hours pointed at a wall and not damage my unit.

That isnt the issue at all.

That patteren was there the second I first turned on till I sent it in almost a month later with about 8 hrs of use.

I have no doubt that JRH will either say my unit is fine or make it right  if not.
View Quote

You didn't really "damage" anything most likely. Just temporary light induced shadowing/patterning. NVD would not let a tube leave the factory like that way. The IR illuminator onboard, if activated close to a semi reflective surface like a painted wall, will absolutely cause some temporary artifacts in some tubes especially if it is already a light sensitively one. Either way Robert and NVD will take care of you.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You didn't really "damage" anything most likely. Just temporary light induced shadowing/patterning. NVD would not let a tube leave the factory like that way. The IR illuminator onboard, if activated close to a semi reflective surface like a painted wall, will absolutely cause some temporary artifacts in some tubes especially if it is already a light sensitively one. Either way Robert and NVD will take care of you.
View Quote

Especially if its focused tightly as the nvd ones sometimes are.

A buddy @Slarti had a similar occurrence when he got his. Was wayyy too bright for interior use.

I honestly forget units even have built in IR. I never ever use it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A buddy @Slarti had a similar occurrence when he got his. Was wayyy too bright for interior use.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guys for the last time since nobody is reading my post.

I turned on the unit, I turned on the illuminator and looked thru it, the pattern was there. The line, the shading, everything. That is exactly how I received it.

There is no way looking at wall 3 ft away burned my scope permanently in 2 or 3 seconds. Its been there since the moment I turned it on. Its been there for the hrs I've been viewing thru it. It was there when I shipped it. Its not going away, its permanent.

I didn't post this so people could say my illuminator burned my score. I posted to see how the warranty played out.

That's it.

Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I turned on the unit, I turned on the illuminator and looked thru it, the pattern was there. The line, the shading, everything. That is exactly how I received it.

There is no way looking at wall 3 ft away burned my scope permanently in 2 or 3 seconds. Its been there since the moment I turned it on. Its been there for the hrs I've been viewing thru it. It was there when I shipped it. Its not going away, its permanent.

I didn't post this so people could say my illuminator burned my score. I posted to see how the warranty played out.

That's it.

View Quote

sounds like this might have been caused by turning your illuminator on that close to a wall....

In all seriousness, the customer service from JRH seems to have been solid. Im sure they will get it fixed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ANVIS 9 goggles from ASU. They are L3 M949 TSO rated goggles, white phosphor unfilmed.

ASU NVG
Advertised as in-stock, shipped a couple days my ACH transfer cleared

Left tube:
FOM 2513
EBI: 0.6
SNR: 34.9
Resolution: 72
Halo: 0.74
No blems

Right tube:
FOM 2606
EBI: 0.9
SNR: 36.2
Resolution: 72
Halo: 0.72
2 dots, zone 3 <.002

Excellent to work with.
View Quote

Very nice! My anvis goggles have become my favorite.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Very nice! My anvis goggles have become my favorite.
View Quote

Same here.

Awesome tubes patriot_man
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's it.

View Quote

Yes, it is possible. I'm not saying for sure that's what happened, I'm just saying it is more likely to be that than one of the oldest operating companies in the night vision industry knowingly shipped you a tube that looked like that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#33]
JRH

PVS-14 WP HP+

Ordered July 17. I called and spoke with Robert on the phone for about 30 min. He took the time to answer every question I had and was super helpful. I was initially quoted 4 to 6 weeks but was cautioned that it could be longer. Actual was approx 13 weeks but the delay was clearly communicated to me. Robert even offered some other options that I could've received sooner. Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase and would definitely buy from JRH again.

PS 2272
Halo .80
EBI 1.08
Res 64
FOM 1702.4
SnR 26.6
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's it.
E

View Quote

I’m not an expert by any means, but we have about 50+ units in our armory and guys have turned them on and off in a fully lit room every evening for years. I’ve found some left on for 12 + hours in a room where lights go on and off all day.  None of them have any kind of line/ shading like that. I can’t imagine a really weak built in illuminator causing anything like that.  

Every company misses things / makes mistakes. Shit happens.

Link Posted: 10/20/2020 3:29:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
JRH

PVS-14 WP HP+

Ordered July 17. I called and spoke with Robert on the phone for about 30 min. He took the time to answer every question I had and was super helpful. I was initially quoted 4 to 6 weeks but was cautioned that it could be longer. Actual was approx 13 weeks but the delay was clearly communicated to me. Robert even offered some other options that I could've received sooner. Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase and would definitely buy from JRH again.

PS 2272
Halo .80
EBI 1.08
Res 64
FOM 1702.4
SnR 26.6
View Quote

Hopefully I am getting close then! August 1 or so for my WP HP+.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hopefully I am getting close then! August 1 or so for my WP HP+.
View Quote

I was using this thread to roughly keep track of when I should've been getting mine. For the most part, it seemed like orders processed would advance 7 to 10 days every week.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The pics are enclosed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
JRH

PVS-14 WP HP+

Quoted 4 to 6 weeks, actual was 10 weeks to the day but communicated the delay so it is what it is.

PS 2237
Halo .97
EBI 1.48
Res 64
FOM 1849.6
StN 28.9

No spots as noted.

Took mine outside last night and was amazed how it looked light daylight and crystal clear.

The last time I looked thru one was 1982 Ft. Knox, Ky in boot camp. I couldnt make out shit and it was like a small telescope.

Big changes in 38 yrs. Now just for my Perst 3 to get here.....

The pics are enclosed.

Received an email from Robert today and was issued a warranty for my tube.

It appears the line was the main concern.

They are sending me a new tube with a much better EBI and slightly better spec's for which I'm appreciative.

The warranty worked and they stood by their product 100% and was done in a timely matter.

I would reccomend using JRH for any purchases and I appreciate his timely communication and swift attention.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Appreciate your business, thanks again!
View Quote

Ive got a garbage can at my house you guys can use for the old tube....

I'll even pay shipping.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Wait time over. Order 6/29, arrived today. Help a simple man interpret all these numbers por favor

Tvnc gen3 white phosphor unfilmed

Photo sensitivity:2856k, then under actual column 1956
Halo: 0.8
Ebi: 0.1
Center res: 64

Any other numbers I should be looking at? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wait time over. Order 6/29, arrived today. Help a simple man interpret all these numbers por favor

Tvnc gen3 white phosphor unfilmed

Photo sensitivity:2856k, then under actual column 1956
Ebi: 0.1
Center res: 64

Any other numbers I should be looking at? Thanks!
View Quote

Looks like solid specs with an excellent EBI. Should provide a great image for the darker environments.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Just found this thread now that I'm able to spend time in the NV forums....

Picked up a PVS14 GP ultimate kit from USNV, ordered 9/9, delivered 9/29.

Halo .9
EBI .99
Center Res 64
SNR 28

I'm impressed, no blems to speak of.

Only thing I think I'd like to upgrade is possibly switching the j arm and mount to a dovetail system that isn't a plastic j arm.

A slight bump to the bayonet mount release causes it to disconnect, but I don't know what I don't know yet.

Link Posted: 10/21/2020 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Solid specs with an amazing EBI, you won't find better than that!  Thank you for the business.
View Quote

Had a “holy shit I just burned 4K on a paperweight” moment on my first run tonight. Felt/looked like I had drunk simulator glasses on that are used in drivers ed. Before panic set in too deeply took a gander at the manual. Yeah. Diopter adjustment. Kind of a big deal. Sharp images, very bright. I’m happy. Plastic J arm is about as rigid as a wet noodle. Will upgrade ASAP.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Took a chance and ordered from Dvor for my first ever PVS14, even though I know they're Optics Planet. They were selling Elbit thin filmed WP for $2900. Ordered September 28th and recieved today, so not super terrible.
Specs are
Sensitivity: 2349
Halo: .9
EBI: 1.16
Res: 72
S/N: 32

From what I've been reading, everything is pretty decent except for the EBI. Took them out last night in open fields and it was seriously mind blowing!
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#47]

8:24 PM EDT
First time turning it on, so I'm sure I could have done better with the diopter, objective, and gain settings. The barn is 200 yards away. Full cloud cover.

1. Vendor

TNVC

2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time

Quoted 12 weeks minimum

Ordered : 6/26
Arrived: 10/26

3. Specs on tubes

L3 unfilmed white phosphor PVS-14

FOM: 2585

Center resolution: 72

Signal to noise: 35.9

EBI: 0.6

Luminance gain: 63298

Photocathode sensitivity: 2639

All three zones "0" for spots .003" or greater.

4. Overall impression of said vendor

Everything went great. I was told up front that it could be a while due to my specific spec and blem requirements. Vic personally answered any questions I had both before and after placing the order. I paid in full at the time of ordering (so that I wouldn't have to worry about coming up with the funds later), but was told that it wasn't a requirement. I'd have no problem recommending TNVC to others.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Buddy and I both ordered PVS-14s L3 unfilmed WP from N-Vision Optics on October 7th, I called before ordering and was quoted 2-3 months for delivery, but got the shipment notification on the 20th, and both were delivered on the 26th. Both have zero blemishes. I feel like these tubes were meant for a bino for a previous order that was canceled because the specs are incredibly similar. It was disappointing to see 3 other PVS-14 specs from N-Vision ordered a few months prior with SNR >35 and 72lpmm Resolution and then get ours at ~31 SNR and 64 lpmm. I won't have a chance to look through them till December so I'm just over-analyzing the specs from afar, and I should be satisfied with them.

My specs and his specs:

Photocathade Sensitivity: 1997 / 2031

Luminance Gain: 69539 / 67551

FOM: 1977.6 / 1964.8

Resolution: 64 / 64

SNR: 30.9 / 30.7

EBI: 0.2 / 0.3

HALO: 0.7 / 0.8
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Buddy and I both ordered PVS-14s L3 unfilmed WP from N-Vision Optics on October 7th, I called before ordering and was quoted 2-3 months for delivery, but got the shipment notification on the 20th, and both were delivered on the 26th. Both have zero blemishes. I feel like these tubes were meant for a bino for a previous order that was canceled because the specs are incredibly similar. It was disappointing to see 3 other PVS-14 specs from N-Vision ordered a few months prior with SNR >35 and 72lpmm Resolution and then get ours at ~31 SNR and 64 lpmm. I won't have a chance to look through them till December so I'm just over-analyzing the specs from afar, and I should be satisfied with them.

My specs and his specs:

Photocathade Sensitivity: 1997 / 2031

Luminance Gain: 69539 / 67551

FOM: 1977.6 / 1964.8

Resolution: 64 / 64

SNR: 30.9 / 30.7

EBI: 0.2 / 0.3

HALO: 0.7 / 0.8
View Quote

Those look to be very nicely matched. Crazy low EBI. Should be great!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Got my filmless WP PVS14 from TNVC Monday!

Ordered 7/6, quoted 12-16 weeks.

Delivered 10/26.

Specs :
Resolution - 72
SNR - 35.4
EBI - 0.3
Halo - 0.7
Photocathode Sensitivity - 2713
Gain - 61,879

Blems - None.

TNVC was awesome, communicated well, and got my order out on time. As always, would recommend to anyone!
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top