Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Posted: 6/7/2020 2:03:48 PM EDT
Lets start a thread where everyone can post their new night vision mail calls. Might be nice if we have something so people can see what is currently being sent out from various vendors.  Should have a new set of RNVGs here thursday from TNVC and ill post back.

Everyone could use this format, or something similar.
1. Vendor
2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time
3. Specs on tubes
4. Overall impression of said vendor

Im game for anything else you all think we could add.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#1]
1. Vendor- rnvgs from Scott at Nocturnality
2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time- 1 month wait delivered on time
3. Specs- random selected and impressed with L3 thin filmed
4. Overall impression of said vendor- will definitely do business with again.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
1. Filmless DTNVGs from Sure Shot Night Vision
2. I had to wait three days for Ether lenses but that was it.
3. They had several tubes in stock and I was able to hand pick, very impressed with the specs, all around awesome tubes.
4. Great people to deal with, would recommend.
: edit to add tube specs
72/72 Resolution
35.8/36.4 SNR
.7/.6 EBI
.7/.7 Halo
2671/2420 Photocathode Sensitivity
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1. Vendor- rnvgs from Scott at Nocturnality
2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time- 1 month wait delivered on time
3. Specs- random selected and impressed with L3 thin filmed
4. Overall impression of said vendor- will definitely do business with again.
View Quote

@westernhaikus1
1.Vendor - PVS14 from Scott at Nocturnality
2. In stock unit
3. Contract overrun Omni VIII tube, super clean!

1. Vendor-  RNVG from Scott at Nocturnality
2. Quoted time 1 month wait, delivered on time
3. Random Selected ANVIS setup. Very Impressed with the L3 WP tubes!

1. Vendor - PVS14 from Scott at Nocturnality
2. Quoted time 3 weeks, unit arrived in 2 weeks in hand
3. Random selected GP Elbit tube, super clean!

4. Scott is my go to for NOD’s, he is super knowledgeable and professional. He is also a shooter who loves to train! I can’t recommend him enough!

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@westernhaikus1
1.Vendor - PVS14 from Scott at Nocturnality
2. In stock unit
3. Contract overrun Omni VIII tube, super clean!

1. Vendor-  RNVG from Scott at Nocturnality
2. Quoted time 1 month wait, delivered on time
3. Random Selected ANVIS setup. Very Impressed with the L3 WP tunes!

1. Vendor - PVS14 from Scott at Nocturnality
2. Quoted time 3 weeks, unit arrived in 2 weeks in hand
3. Random selected GP Elbit tube, super clean!

4. Scott is my go to for NOD’s, he is super knowledgeable and professional. He is also a shooter who loves to train! I can’t recommend him enough!

View Quote

Yes sir he does. Loves talking nods and answers all the questions. I still can't beat their standards. Yet...
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice guys! Anyone mind posting specific specs from their sheets? I edited OP lol I think it was confusing with the hand select or random.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Vendor-JRH
Quoted time- 4 weeks
Actual tiime- 4 weeks to the day
Quoted minimums- 25snr, N/A halo, 64 res, 2.5 ebi, 2200 pcr
Actual Specs-30.7snr, .78 halo, 64 res, .73 ebi, 2584 pcr

Robert was awesome to work with, I gave him very loose minimums for specs and I got a fair amount higher. I did admittedly need warranty work pretty quickly (everyone has something slip through QC occasionally), but they had my device from my house, to the factory, repaired and back to my house in less than a week and in working order. Seems like a great guy to have on your side.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Feb 2014 - PVS-14
1. Vendor: TNVC
2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time: 4wks / 5wks (paid on order)
3. Specs on tubes: ordered ITT Pinnacle GP, don’t remember specifics but was happy with the tube for my first one.
4. Overall impression of said vendor: Ordered at wholesale while working part-time at a gun shop. Jaimie was easy to work with over email. Misc products being out of stock without status shown on the website was a bit frustrating. Didn’t end up stocking anything or doing many orders for our customers through them - ended up being easier to just pass them along to work with TNVC directly.

Sep 2016 - MOD-3b binos
1. Vendor: Nightlong Industries (closed)
2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time: built/delivered in 4wk (didn’t pay until they shipped)
3. Specs on tubes: OMNI 6 L3, no sheets
4. Overall impression of said vendor: Worked mostly via FB messenger, had confidence in his builds from online reputation and his background as a heavy end-user on the aviation side. Was very happy with binos and follow-up Q&A he provided whenever I needed. Had a shoot/event pop up before the build was done and Ryan shipped me his personal binos to use for the event. They were the red/green phos christmas-vision binos - not something you run into very often. Very pleased with how he treated me.

Jul 2018 - AN/AVS-10 + PVS-14
1. Vendor: Denali Vision / Adams Industries (closed?)
2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time: delivered in 3wk (paid on order)
3. Specs on tubes: mil surplus aviation panos and very clean Photonis Echo
ebi: .3
s:n: 28.96
res: 64
halo: .64
4. Overall impression of said vendor: Purchase went smoothly via online invoice/payment, but this was right when things seemed to be falling apart over there. Heard bad things from others that had money tied up, but my NVGs arrived fine. Was very happy with them while I owned them - no I didn’t break them. Ended up selling through another dealer last year.

Sep 2019 - MOD-3b
1. Vendor: Steele Industries
2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time: 2wk / 3wk (paid on order)
3. Specs on tubes: L3 UF WP 20ua
pc sens: 2459/2409
ebi: .8/.5
s:n: 34.3/31.7
res: 72/72
halo: .7/.7
Very happy with super clean/zero blem tubes that I use often for photography.
4. Overall impression of said vendor: Had a few phone calls and sale/build went very smoothly. They understood my request for clean tubes with no chickenwire/etc. Were able to source manual-gain housing with ball-detent mount like I wanted. Shipping could have been in a nicer case - was a pretty simple bubble-wrapped package inside a plain cardboard box. I’ve always felt like a $8-10k purchase should probably come with some more goodies like even a knockoff pelican case or something. I was in the area down in FL on a biz trip and I visited the Steele team. Excited to see them open a retail location soon, as it’s been tough to see “behind-the-curtain” of most NVG outfits to get a sense of how they do their build processes, etc. Was neat to see the build and collimation process in person.

EDIT: corrected photonis specs
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#9]
May 2020 - RNVGs with thin film Elbit WP

1. Scott at Nocturnality Gear

2. Approximately 3-4 weeks, arrival was within quoted time

3. 2800 FOM, no blems, ebi of .7 and 1.7, SNR of 34.9/34.5

4. Couldn't be happier with the transaction. I initially reached out to Scott after dealing with another company and them not delivering within what I thought was a reasonable time (not going to name them, done it once already). Scott was great to deal with, answered all my questions on the phone and subsequent text to include ones after the delivery. After placing my order Scott got a lead on some high spec tubes and asked if I'd be interested. I agreed and couldn't be happier with what was delivered. Got to meet Scott in person to pick up my RNVGs as well.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]
1. TNVC
2. Don't remember; probably longer than my impatient ass wanted to wait
3. Excellent performance specs, but the fixed pattern noise is very frustrating for photography. I did not know enough about NV at the time to request a tube without FPN.
4. Sam is gay
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
1. TNVC
3. Excellent performance specs, but the fixed pattern noise is very frustrating for photography. I did not know enough about NV at the time to request a tube without FPN.
4. Sam is gay
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#12]

In all honesty TNVC has been great to me, over and over again, both from a products and a customer service perspective.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
1. TNVC
4. Sam is gay
View Quote

VOUCH
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Its true, also you should get tested.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In all honesty TNVC has been great to me, over and over again, both from a products and a customer service perspective.

Quoted:

Also thats where you found out you were gay also, so you youre welcome you fabulous bastard.

Quoted:

VOUCH

Is it really gay if its mutual and no one was a witness?
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also thats where you found out you were gay also, so you youre welcome you fabulous bastard.

Quoted:

VOUCH

That’s not gay, it’s called camping
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Got the RNVGs in.

1. TNVC
2. Quoted 14-16 weeks, ordered 3/9/2020 delivered 6/9/2020
3. Clean tubes no blems (I asked for hand select)

Lp 72/72
SNR 35.5/35.2
Halo .7/.8
EBI .7/.6
Photocathode 2586/2624

4. Tnvc is solid would definitely recommend again. Talked to Sam And Jacob on the phone a couple times and they helped a lot. Now there are two of us with TNVC systems in Gary, IN... LOL. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/9/2020 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Got the RNVGs in.

1. TNVC

Lp 72/72
SNR 35.5/35.2
Halo .7/.8
EBI .7/.6
Photocathode 2586/2624

View Quote

I ordered RNVG's from them and asked for identical specs as yours. If I get those same specs with no blems I will be ecstatic! Let us know how they look!
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I ordered RNVG's from them and asked for identical specs as yours. If I get those same specs with no blems I will be ecstatic! Let us know how they look!
View Quote

They’re super clear. Spec sheet has zero blems. Right tube is spotless, and left tube has a couple pepper flakes, but they disappear once you look around. I’ll take a picture later tonight in my basement and outside the house. Very happy with the tube specs. Jacob wasn’t sure if he would be able to find tubes and get them here on time, but he was like 2 weeks under what he quoted with the hand selects. Lol I actually called last week On Thursday to upgrade to DTNVGs, but they already built the RNVGS, and were getting ready to ship them out. He told me what other tubes they had and was more than happy to throw them in DTNVGs, but the tubes in the rnvgs were stellar so I just kept what I got. Plus I Saved some money!
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They’re super clear. Spec sheet has zero blems. Right tube is spotless, and left tube has a couple pepper flakes, but they disappear once you look around. I’ll take a picture later tonight in my basement and outside the house. Very happy with the tube specs. Jacob wasn’t sure if he would be able to find tubes and get them here on time, but he was like 2 weeks under what he quoted with the hand selects. Lol I actually called last week On Thursday to upgrade to DTNVGs, but they already built the RNVGS, and were getting ready to ship them out. He told me what other tubes they had and was more than happy to throw them in DTNVGs, but the tubes in the rnvgs were stellar so I just kept what I got. Plus I Saved some money!
View Quote

Those are awesome specs and those tubes will be killer. It’s really great to see more and more people getting tubes with higher specs both L3H and ESA. Sam said in the TNVC livestream that the tubes they’ve been receiving have been ????
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Jrh enterprises, roughly 1 month, paid additional $2,000 for high fom tubes.

~33snr
Photocathode 2291/2160
Ebi .4/.3
Fom 2354/2347
Halo .7/.8
Center resolution 72/72
Luminance gain 67630/63716
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Do you have to contact nocturnality for pricing?  I can't find find anything to purchase on their site except for a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do you have to contact nocturnality for pricing?  I can't find find anything to purchase on their site except for a t-shirt.
View Quote

Yes, you can Message him on Instagram if you have it
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I filled out the form on his website asking for additional info/pricing. He called me about 10 minutes after submission and answered all my questions about pricing, specs, lead times, etc.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Jrh enterprises, roughly 1 month, paid additional $2,000 for high fom tubes.

~33snr
Photocathode 2291/2160
Ebi .4/.3
Fom 2354/2347
Halo .7/.8
Center resolution 72/72
Luminance gain 67630/63716
View Quote

dang 2k extra on top of the equipment cost?
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Big oooof
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big oooof

TNVC let me give them my minimum specs...the only caveat being the higher you go the longer you might wait... but it cost zero exta.  Cant wait to post here once I get it!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

TNVC let me give them my minimum specs...the only caveat being the higher you go the longer you might wait... but it cost zero exta.  Cant wait to post here once I get it!!
View Quote

I am excited for you.

Nothing better than new NODs except for maybe new socks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had some pretty high spec requests for the ones I posted earlier in the thread. They came in about 2 weeks before the quoted wait time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

You paid $2k extra for mismatched gain?

The most important specs for “matched” tubes is the gain, halo, EBI, SNR and resolution- in that order IMO.

I’d have spent the same or less and just waited on [REDACTED] to get the specs I wanted in stock.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The most important specs for “matched” tubes is the gain, halo, EBI, SNR and resolution- in that order IMO.

I’d have spent the same or less and just waited on [REDACTED] to get the specs I wanted in stock.
View Quote

@Heineken
What does the NVD checklist/test data performance record sheet show for system gain? Both tubes will be listed and it should be in the 6000-8000 range.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I had some pretty high spec requests for the ones I posted earlier in the thread. They came in about 2 weeks before the quoted wait time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the specs on yours would have met evey requested spec I gave, those are awesome tubes ill be supe stoked with something similar!!! same with wait time, keeping my fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:01:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@Heineken
What does the NVD checklist/test data performance record sheet show for system gain? Both tubes will be listed and it should be in the 6000-8000 range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Heineken

wrong person, those arnt my tubes :)
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

wrong person, those arnt my tubes :)
View Quote

DOH! ??

@Stinkfoot09
What does the NVD checklist/test data performance record sheet show for system gain? Both tubes (left & right) will be listed and the numbers will be in the 6000-8000 range.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

the specs on yours would have met evey requested spec I gave, those are awesome tubes ill be supe stoked with something similar!!! same with wait time, keeping my fingers crossed!
View Quote

I’m sure you’ll get what you want lol. Also, I can’t believe how much better the low light performance was with these over some of my buddies gen 3  filmed systems.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Got the RNVGs in.

1. TNVC

Lp 72/72
SNR 35.5/35.2
Halo .7/.8
EBI .7/.6
Photocathode 2586/2624

4. Tnvc is solid would definitely recommend again. Talked to Sam And Jacob on the phone a couple times and they helped a lot. Now there are two of us with TNVC systems in Gary, IN... LOL. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/471992/6C38F78B-6229-4E61-B366-FC74ED100E8D_jpe-1454511.JPG
View Quote

Those are nice tubes.....really nice
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 3:47:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Those are nice tubes.....really nice
View Quote

Thanks brother, very happy with them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Vendor: TNVC
Ordered: 1/18
Delivered: 3/3

PVS-14 L3 Unfilmed White Phosphor in FDE. Did not request any certain specs/hand select.

Sensitivity: 2275
EBI: 0.4
Res: 72 lp/mm
SNR: 33.0
Halo: 0.7

One small blem in Zone 2, per spec sheet. There is a second small blem (debris?) right next to it. I may send it in to see if it can be cleared out. There is some FPN that can be a little distracting, but most of the time I don't notice it. This is my first NOD, so I tried to research quite a bit before I bought in and dropped some coin, and I don't think I did badly.

I also ordered other pieces of equipment at the same time(Wilcox L4 G24, Wilcox J-arm, Mohawk, Princeton Tec Charge Pro MPLS, and a few other things), and everything shipped at once. I'm pretty happy with my TNVC experience!
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I had an idea that we could start a thread where everyone can post their new night vision mail calls. Might be nice if we have something so people can see what is currently being sent out from various vendors.  Should have a new set of RNVGs here thursday from TNVC and ill post back.

Everyone could use this format, or something similar.
1. Vendor
2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time
3. Specs on tubes
4. Overall impression of said vendor

Im game for anything else you all think we could add.
View Quote

1. TNVC (bought through vendor)
2. 12 wk wait on RNVG’s, going on 7th week now
3. No specs received on tubes yet
4. Timing is everything, and my timing couldn’t have been worse. Can’t blame vendors for the environment we are in.

Can’t wait to get them!
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thank you for your business! May be a piece of debris that sometimes happen from the glass threads. Easy step since we build all our TNV systems in-house to send you a overnight shipping label for us to inspect if needed.  Turnaround time is very quick.
View Quote
I appreciate! Sam messaged me regarding this.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

With regard to "mismatched gain", I havent noticed anything(i would assume one tube would be brighter/darker than the other?)

The most noticeable difference between the tubes in real use is the halo, closing one eye you can tell the halo is different between the two but I dont notice any gain issue at all.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

DOH! ??

@Stinkfoot09
What does the NVD checklist/test data performance record sheet show for system gain? Both tubes (left & right) will be listed and the numbers will be in the 6000-8000 range.
View Quote

17620/17920
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

17620/17920
View Quote

Thanks. I was using my old BNVD to reference the system gain numbers. They were Harris/ITT tubes.

Even though the gain numbers on the tube data records aren’t the same, since the system gain levels are basically the same, they should look equal from minimum to maximum gain.

Don’t worry about the tube’s having different gain specs on the data records. All of the other specs are matched well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

1. TNVC

Lp 72/72
SNR 35.5/35.2
Halo .7/.8
EBI .7/.6
Photocathode 2586/2624
View Quote

I'm thinking about ordering an unfilmed WP PVS-14 unit in a couple of weeks from somewhere, and would be excited as hell for specs like that. I'd even be willing to wait until the end of the year for delivery of a unit with even better specs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thanks. I was using my old BNVD to reference the system gain numbers. They were Harris/ITT tubes.

Even though the gain numbers on the tube data records aren’t the same, since the system gain levels are basically the same, they should look equal from minimum to maximum gain.

Don’t worry about the tube’s having different gain specs on the data records. All of the other specs are matched well.
View Quote

a ~6% difference in gain could be noticeable depending on the lighting conditions you're working in.

It very well could make absolutely no practical difference, I just make the comment because we are talking $2k extra, and for that markup I would have much higher expectations. Just my .02
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top