Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2020 10:36:21 PM EDT
So I’ve always been a norotos guy, but after recently moving to a bino system, I had to get away from the INVG and went to a g24. It seems like a really nice mount but there’s a LOT of play in it. Before you ask, yes, I read the manual and have adjusted the available spots. This is the plate that seems to be secured by the height adjustment lever, and it acts as a kind of fulcrum point. It gives the unit lateral motion when I’m walking or look at something too quickly. I really want to make this mount work but this seems to be a lot of play for a $500 piece of precision machined metal.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
What shroud are you running?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Wilcox l4. It’s pretty tight in the shroud, it’s the rest of the unit connected to the plate that goes up and down that moves. I wish I knew how to post pics
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Same problem, tag for answers
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#4]
How long have you had yours?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:02:11 AM EDT
[#5]
When mine was new everything was very tight. As I use it over time the height adjustment likda loosened up a little bit. I guess it's just normal wear but no where unacceptable. And I use bungee cords all the time anyways.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:18:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Mines brand new, and I’d say I can move the binos 1/3” in both directions
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:49:50 AM EDT
[#7]
You can tighten the height adjustment with an allen key. The screw on the lever.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I've only fiddled with a buddies real one, off helmet, don't personally own one. From what I saw, if they made the pin on the plunger thicker, or the "U" notch on the barrel smaller, it would be better. Different location from your exact problem, just throwing it out there.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Should have mentioned that. All the screws are as tight as they will go
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]
The vertical fulcrum point on mine has gotten loose over the years, when it is down it can flex a solid 10°-20° vertical without pushing the button to flip them up.

All the norotos i have had and currently own never have had this much play.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The vertical fulcrum point on mine has gotten loose over the years, when it is down it can flex a solid 10°-20° vertical without pushing the button to flip them up.

All the norotos i have had and currently own never have had this much play.
View Quote

That's the Pin and U Notch - if you could somehow get something around that pin (heat shrink?) it would tighten up. The thing is so damn short though...
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the input bud. So am I basically stuck with it how it is? I’ve gotta say if that’s the case I’m kind of disappointed with Wilcox for $500 and their ‘virtually wobble free interface’. It’s a spot I figured would be the least likely to produce wobble. I’ve got over a half an inch of horizontal travel in the goggles, lol. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the input bud. So am I basically stuck with it how it is? I’ve gotta say if that’s the case I’m kind of disappointed with Wilcox for $500 and their ‘virtually wobble free interface’. It’s a spot I figured would be the least likely to produce wobble. I’ve got over a half an inch of horizontal travel in the goggles, lol. Thanks again!

ETA: for what it’s worth, I’ve shimmed the mount into the shroud, and I’m running a TNVC bridge and the lockup is flawless. I can’t find any other deficiency I the system other than the vertical adjustment plate having horizontal wobble around an axis.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you fellas. Y’all are the best
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Same problem but most of my play is in between the mount and shroud, especially if I use the break away. I have been strongly considering switching to something like a g30 with a permanent mount.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I may have been expecting too much, but it just seems that there’s so many people that love them. The norotos LoSto didn’t have any wobble to it when I tried it. The Wilcox seems like an awesome mount, but the play is weird
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may have been expecting too much, but it just seems that there’s so many people that love them. The norotos LoSto didn’t have any wobble to it when I tried it. The Wilcox seems like an awesome mount, but the play is weird
View Quote

As others have said - contact the manufacturer. The amount of play you describe is not normal.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I am. I’ve got to wait till they open (probably Tuesday) and see what they say. Thanks everyone for your input
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top