Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2020 7:08:14 PM EDT
I and a couple of others, DJSkinny and Mustangduck are going to the night shoot at EETS tomorrow. We will most likely set up our own stages and run some drills in one of the bays. Just curious if anyone else wanted to meet up there?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm about 2.5 hours away and saw the post just now. I have only been there 1 time, from what I remember the farthest I was able to shoot was approx 89 yards; twas muddy and you couldn't do anything else "mud/clay." Do you just have a standard bay set up to use, bringing barrels, car pooling at the gate? Is ETTS allowing us to use out own HelStar light/strobe or, do we have to buy the yellow chems from them? "
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Good time, nice venue and even better than the last one. Staff is fantastic.  

I didn’t manage to get any pics this time.

They’re putting a ton of effort into making this night shoot a real event. Lots of different courses set out for you to run, or grab a bay and roll your own. We did some of both.

No one in the DFW area has any excuse to bitch about not having somewhere to night shoot. We drove 2.5 hr, and will gladly do it again next time it’s offered.

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 5:45:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Just now saw this.  Definitely would be interested, only about 2.5 hours south.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the AAR from last nights ETTS shoot.
Attachment Attached File

http://www.ettsgunrange.com/

There ended up being four of us in a group that was set up just around the corner from the "tactical bay", which is really just a wide bay with some cars in it as props That is usually where everyone starts out at, then people move on to different bays. I must say that I give a big shout out to the owners of ETTS as they are doing just about all that anyone could want, for those us that wish to shoot in low/no light scenarios. They have been trying to do this every month and as far as I know this is just about the best range in the country that is doing this on a a regular basis. I know because earlier this year I called just about every range in the DFW area and almost no one was interested in putting something like this on.
Their bays are primarily dirt though, and if there was rain recently the mud can be an issue. I was very surprised that even though we had a ton of rain earlier in the week. The range was actually bone dry with mud not even being an issue.
I had mentioned earlier that we set up on a bay for ourselves, but ETTS did also have several stages set up for anyone to run if they wished. What is also very nice is that you can shoot these in almost whatever manner you wish. That can be with either white light or NODS and they do not require suppressors. Now that is very hard to find at almost any range/match!

They had the following set up on bays for people to shoot. Additionally there was one RO at each stage to run people for timing and safety.

1) There were some vendors on a long range bay with thermal scopes to look through/try with targets at 100/200/300 yards? I cannot give any more details as we got to this range late and everyone was gone as it was after 11pm by then. I will need to ask the owners as I am curious what exactly was there that we missed. We did however look down range through a 3.5X Gen 3 dedicated scope to see what was there that one of our group brought. Next  month I will need to get there sooner to get some warmups in on my Cola Warrior setup for Flyover in July. I have been doing more shooting at night than usual but almost never get a chance to try longer range target shooting with NODS.
2) They had a "shoot house" stage set up with a section of hallways and several paper targets to engage while slicing the pie. We ran this one a couple of times each, some with NV and then others using just passive sighting. It was a small round count but it is always fun running down hallways with an AR15!
3) There was a combination 2-gun stage set up with some very small pates and a dueling tree with paper targets up close. After shooting those you then transitioned to rifle for a couple of closer targets and then engaged a couple of steel targets at around 75 yards from a VTAC barricade. One other note they would also let you run this stage however you wanted really. If you wanted to do all rifle, as long as you did not shoot the close plates they were OK with it. Some of our group shot rifle only or used white light on pistol if they did not have IR/laser. Conversely you could have also shot this stage with just a pistol or both if you wanted to work on transitions. Once again the staff were very friendly and open to having everyone shoot as they wished.
4) the last stage was something that involved engaging targets while being driven in a side-by-side ATV. I cannot tell much about this stage as we ran out of time and did not make it over to shoot that one.

The practice stage that we set up was fairly simple using just a table, 2 barrels, and 5 steel plates. The four of ran this stage each around 4-5 times. Some runs were better than others but still lots of great practice. There was one steel target that we used which ETTS had on the bay and then we brought four others ourselves. Next time we will need to plan a little better and possibly work some stages up now that we know the bay dimensions to plan on. This one was a little rushed as due to the weather being so iffy not many of us really expected it to happen.
Attachment Attached File

All in all everyone had a great time and we will surely be doing this more in the future! And once again thanks to ETTS putting on such a great event for this of us in Central Texas.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I need to make it up for this sometime.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Good AAR. What is the cost of the event, and what medical care is available in the event of a "someone got shot" emergency?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good AAR. What is the cost of the event, and what medical care is available in the event of a "someone got shot" emergency?
View Quote

$30 entry, $5 chemlights or bring your own.

I have an ifak I’ll loan you if promise to replace it later

Really though the NV crowd seems to be higher-end shooters than the complete mix you get at a public range during the day. I have yet to feel unsafe. ROs at this event are plentiful and competent. You’re not too far from civilization is there ever is an incident. Roads are good.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top