Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 5:02:06 PM EDT
Any place sell real IR headlights?   I want to pop out the actual headlight and put in an IR headlight.  

I know IR light bars are available. If I go that route, I’ll have to replace my white light bar.  So it is an option.  Looking at the remote chance IR head lights exist.  

This if for a side by side, not a street eligible vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I just don’t want to run another wire and switch.  Yea, I’m being lazy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:
I just don’t want to run another wire and switch.  Yea, I’m being lazy.
View Quote

I'm 99.9% sure you won't find any replacement level IR headlights. It would not be cost effective to design since so few people would be buying them at the price they'd need to be at (DOT requirements, individual vehicle fit, etc.)

If you don't want to mess with wiring, take a look at Goblin Tactical. They sell plug and play IR light bars that come with cigarette lighter plug adapters. They have 940nm and 850nm.
Goblin Tactical Light Bar

Amazon used to sell cheapo (that work pretty good actually I have one) IR light bars that you could add a plug and play cigarette lighter attachment to. For plug and play, Goblin is probably the best bet. You could get a plug and play adapter to work with a name brand like Light Force but you'd have to splice/solder/butt connectors/etc. I just searched Amazon and they are no longer available.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Understood.  Thought I’d ask.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any place sell real IR headlights?   I want to pop out the actual headlight and put in an IR headlight.  

I know IR light bars are available. If I go that route, I’ll have to replace my white light bar.  So it is an option.  Looking at the remote chance IR head lights exist.  

This if for a side by side, not a street eligible vehicle.
View Quote

Seems germane to the question to provide the make and model of the SXS, since you're asking to replace its OEM headlights.

Let me save you some time: turn back from this path and get cubes or a light bar. You can thank me later.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Seems germane to the question to provide the make and model of the SXS, since you're asking to replace its OEM headlights.

Let me save you some time: turn back from this path and get cubes or a light bar. You can thank me later.
View Quote

Nah.  If they exist, then they’ll exist for the most popular models.  Apparently they do not, no big deal.  My Bing / Google skills were not lacking this time.

No need for thanks.  

My question was answered.  I’ll rewire the front for a white light and IR light on a 3 way switch, so only one is on at a time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My question was answered.
View Quote

You're welcome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top