Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2020 11:05:29 AM EDT
I just purchased a Norotos Dual dovetail adapter, and Wilcox L4 G24 to mount a PVS14 to a HHV bump helmet. This is all new to me...  (including the PVS14 - just got it...)

The DDA has two dovetails on it. One is fixed and has a rough anodized finish on it and interfaces and locks into the G24 perfectly.  The 2nd dovetail is anodized in a glossy finish and is adjustable via a knob on the side. It does NOT lock into the G24.

Is the 2nd dovetail mentioned supposed to work with the G24?  Any thoughts on why it doesn’t or what I should do to fix it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Both of the male dovetails on the norotos dual dovetail should lock into the female dovetail of the wilcox G24(or any female dovetail).  the reason there are two on the norotos is so you can switch from right to left eye.

edited to add this thread if you havent seen it:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Dual-Dovetail-Adapter-with-G24/18-507740/
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the info and link. Appreciate knowing what is going on, and ticked that this seems to be a known issue with the adjustable dovetail - even when used with Norotos gear!  TNVC recommended the setup and I guess I’m sending it back. No way I’m paying $150 bucks for something I have to file on to get it work even with the manufactures own stuff.   What a joke.

As an aside (to shame Norotos further), I’ve got a bridge for my SiOnyx bino setup and it comes with a dovetail made by a one man operation in Europe who makes airsoft gear - that fits the G24 perfectly. Pretty lousy that Norotos can’t get it right.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Many people report fitment issues using the DDA with the G24. I have several personal friends who purchased this setup and it doesn’t work for them. I also have a DDA and it fits my G24 just fine. I think Norotos just has poor quality control and don’t hold tight dimensional tolerances, it’s that simple.

My advice would be to purchase one new from a dealer so you have a return policy. If it works, you’re golden, but if not you can get a refund or exchange.

Also of note: even if your DDA does fit the dovetail shoe on the G24, it still will have clearance issues with the IP adjustment knob interfering with the mount. Not a deal breaker but kind of annoying
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a well known incompatibility and they won't lockup solidly even if you do get them to latch in.

Personally I think the Norotos DDA really only shines when combined with their own mount, the INVG. And you need to pick which eye you're going to use it with and remove the 2nd dovetail entirely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top