Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2020 8:28:52 AM EDT
Saw this posted. Looks interesting for those in the ANVIS game.

http://soldiersystems.net/2020/02/13/opscore-introduces-modular-bungee-shroud-anvis-mounting-plate/
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Would be interested in seeing the price.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just as a clarifying note--the adapter is not universal for all "ANVIS-style" mounts (4-Hole Pattern), but is a rail interface designed for the Wilcox DPAM/GSGM mounting systems.

Naturally as a confirmed ANVIS geek, I was in the front of the line to say "gimme gimme gimme"... and now I still haven't gotten around to installing it yet (taking off helmet covers is a big hassle, y'all...).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468022/97026F5E-D569-4A84-9689-C673BF40B5F0-1276161.jpg

On the one hand, I'd be tempted to say "if you already own a GSGM or DPAM and an Ops-Core FAST SF, you clearly don't care what it costs,"

But the MBS (Modular Bungee Shroud) is available for $194.25 (comes standard with the FAST SF, but will fit any three-hole pattern helmet), while the GSGM Adapter is $99.99.

We have them available for order, and they will be on the website before too long, but in the meantime if you're looking for one, feel free to contact us via e-mail!

~Augee
View Quote
I'd love to get this thing for my GSGM and Anvis set ups but that means either A) getting a new helmet or B) chop shopping the shit out of my OC *cough cough* to fit it up
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
@TNVC_Augee - When you pull out the GSGM Rail Adapter, is it a completely proprietary socket you’re left with, or do other mounts click in? Looks like it’s got big wings on the side but maybe I’m just not recognizing a standard shape. Why go with this versus the Low-Pro Rail Shroud? They make other neat adapters for the front?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like it’ll only take GSGM / DPAM mounts.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#6]
It kinda just looked like the normal shroud that comes with their new helmets though - this guy, that'd take a G24 or whatever too. Maybe you just unscrew those two screws and direct-mount the GSGM adapter so it's theoretically switchable to other mounts but not without the screwdriver and other insert.

I dunno. I'm confused. (not unusual)

EDIT - yeah so like what Augee was saying, but if you already have a FAST SF all you'd need is the $100 part to convert what you already have to the GSGM rails.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m tracking now. It’s the same shroud. New adapter. Helps if I read
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 3:29:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Does it sit closer to the helmet and allow for the mount to slide lower down vs. the Wilcox adapter in a L4?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top