Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2020 1:07:00 AM EDT
I know this isn't exactly night vision but it is used for seeing at night.   Mods, let me know if this can't be here but I think there's probably some good knowledge for this in this forum and I'm not sure of a better place to put it.

I'm looking for a red light for coyote hunting with a rifle. Looking for effectiveness for target ID and taking the shot out to at least 100 yards, but would prefer to be able to go further.

I've seen it said don't use a white light with a red filter, use red LEDs, which makes perfect sense to me so I'm looking to go that route.

I was also thinking if I was to go higher dollar, it might be nice to make it a light I can easily switch out to white for use as a spotter or handheld flood for other non-hunting purposes. Just a thought though, right now my priority is getting better set up for coyote.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Outdoors>Small game & trapping might be a better place to check. That's where the predator hunters are mostly. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, posted and helped.

Mods, remove if you want. Up to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top