Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2020 3:06:37 PM EDT
AU has m962 with Mount and tape switch for $150 shipped. Where would you buy an IR head? Is this a viable piecemeal solution?

Alternatively, I see m952 with IR heads that look used but functional for under $75 on eBay. Are these viable sources to outfit several carbines inexpensive yet?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
i am going to assume the M952's you are talking about are the older, Millennium versions.

i bought and sold a few of the M952V's for anywhere around $100 to $150 off the EE and other forums.  the condition was usually pretty good.  they served me well until I sold them to upgrade to newer Scout Vampire models.

Anyways, for $150, you can get an M952V, which will be a a Visible/IR capable LED version.  have you checked the EE here?

ETA: just checked AU.  do not buy.  thats a really old 9V model, which requires 3 CR123 batteries.  easy pass.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i am going to assume the M952's you are talking about are the older, Millennium versions.

i bought and sold a few of the M952V's for anywhere around $100 to $150 off the EE and other forums.  the condition was usually pretty good.  they served me well until I sold them to upgrade to newer Scout Vampire models.

Anyways, for $150, you can get an M952V, which will be a a Visible/IR capable LED version.  have you checked the EE here?

ETA: just checked AU.  do not buy.  thats a really old 9V model, which requires 3 CR123 batteries.  easy pass.
View Quote
Okay
How about this?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, it's better, but I don't trust eBay much anymore. I saw at least one in the EE.

There were two style of heads, with different lumens (I think). A bluish light is the lower one, IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yea, it's better, but I don't trust eBay much anymore. I saw at least one in the EE.

There were two style of heads, with different lumens (I think). A bluish light is the lower one, IIRC.
View Quote
Are they serialized? Can I call SF to verify?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i don't think they are serialized.  i can't quite remember how to tell them apart, other than the beam color.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top