Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2020 11:02:25 PM EDT
Well I was excited to get my G24 in, but it doesn't want to work with my DDA. The regular dovetail works just fine, but the adjustable side won't lock in. Anyone with the same setup have any idea where I should file to make it work for me?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Because there is no standards for dovetail specs they don't interface well with that specific combo. A INVG and DDA is the ultimate setup for a PVS14. Also the INVG will also interface with the Wilcox dovetail as well as the AKA2. The PVS15/18 mod on the Rhino II also will not interface with the Wilcox shoe.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:21:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Should have texted you this, but even on my norotos invg, the non adjustable dovetail side locks in just fine, but the adjustable side doesn’t engage the lock. It still locks in JUST enough to need to engage the tab to remove it, but not by much. I was wondering what you asked myself.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:29:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should have texted you this, but even on my norotos invg, the non adjustable dovetail side locks in just fine, but the adjustable side doesn’t engage the lock. It still locks in JUST enough to need to engage the tab to remove it, but not by much. I was wondering what you asked myself.
View Quote
I've read that others state the same about the fixed dovetail. I try it out tomorrow and post my results.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:42:18 AM EDT
[#4]
When brand new my DDA with the PVS15/18 mod on the Rhino II only clicked in completely with the non-adjustable side. The adjustable side required quite a bit of force and did not fully engage - if you pulled forward you could pull the dovetail out of the socket. It has since worn in enough to click in a little easier and has better engagement with the locking tab
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Its the adjustable side shoe on the DDA that I had issues with as well, even using all Norotos components. I had to remove some material on the shoe where the PVS18 socket latch engages to get it to lock in positively, which I wasn't all that wild about having to do with a $150 part. The non-adjustable side locked in perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Its the adjustable side shoe on the DDA that I had issues with as well, even using all Norotos components. I had to remove some material on the shoe where the PVS18 socket latch engages to get it to lock in positively, which I wasn't all that wild about having to do with a $150 part. The non-adjustable side locked in perfectly.
View Quote
Yep, seems to be my issue as well. I had an issue before with a dovetail adapter on my Rhino mount too, but it originally clicked into place. This one I spent a solid 30 minutes just inserting and removing to try and get it to lock in with no change. I went ahead and ordered the Wilcox J arm with on/off.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wilcox to wilcox, Norotos to Norotos, not Wilcox to Norotos.

Remember this next time folks.
View Quote
To be fair, 1/2 of the Norotos dovetails works perfect

But at the time I ordered it from y’all (last week) I had a rhino mount and AKA2 dovetail adapter.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Or just run the TNVC NPBM for a monocular and it works for the Wilcox AND Norotos dovetail mounts
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

To be fair, 1/2 of the Norotos dovetails works perfect

But at the time I ordered it from y’all (last week) I had a rhino mount and AKA2 dovetail adapter.
View Quote
I'll put up a pic later showing you exactly where to file.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
what about RNVG dovetail to norotos pvs 15/18 socket?

When I talked to Vic a couple weeks ago on the phone he mentioned wilcox and norotos were told to "play ball" together and make their stuff work together by the military.

ETA: both shoes on my DDA work fine in the pvs 15/18 socket from my rhino 2 conversion
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
My rhino II dovetail and Wilcox J arm work together FYI
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#13]
No luck with a G24 and the non adjustable side of a DDA. Both side disconnect with very little forward pressure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top