Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2020 3:09:48 PM EDT
I have a photonis echo tube with pretty good specs, I bought it a year ago with 10 year warranty and all that for like 3300$. I want to upgrade to the l3 unfilmed white phosphor, the place I bought it from will give me 2300$ for my echo tube and I would just pay the difference for the l3. Do you think that is worth it? Also should I consider an unfilmed green phosphor l3?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a photonis echo tube with pretty good specs, I bought it a year ago with 10 year warranty and all that for like 3300$. I want to upgrade to the l3 unfilmed white phosphor, the place I bought it from will give me 2300$ for my echo tube and I would just pay the difference for the l3. Do you think that is worth it? Also should I consider an unfilmed green phosphor l3?
View Quote
Worth it to trade what you have for 2300 cash, HECK YEAH. I am more a white phosphor guy now, but haven't seen UF green yet so I reserve my judgement.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Worth it to trade what you have for 2300 cash, HECK YEAH. I am more a white phosphor guy now, but haven't seen UF green yet so I reserve my judgement.
View Quote
Okay cool, I'm gonna do it. Is it worth it to pay more for a hand select tube?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Okay cool, I'm gonna do it. Is it worth it to pay more for a hand select tube?
View Quote
I would take that money and find someone who doesn't charge for hand select
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I would take that money and find someone who doesn't charge for hand select
View Quote
Yeah they probably won't give me 2300 for my echo tube though?? or I would
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah they probably won't give me 2300 for my echo tube though?? or I would
View Quote
WP echo? I bet you could sell it on the EE for near that. Hell if the specs are close to mine I'd be tempted.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

WP echo? I bet you could sell it on the EE for near that. Hell if the specs are close to mine I'd be tempted.
View Quote
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2uvg2g92z0tfwa/20200117_012744.jpg?dl=0
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a solid tube man - people are going to say don't post your spec sheet, just list the specs out btw.

I'm super tempted... need to do my taxes asap and see if I'm in the hole. The dual tube itch is real apparently.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's a solid tube man - people are going to say don't post your spec sheet, just list the specs out btw.

I'm super tempted... need to do my taxes asap and see if I'm in the hole. The dual tube itch is real apparently.
View Quote
Why is that? The spec sheet thing?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why is that? The spec sheet thing?
View Quote
Apparently it's an ITAR violation.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Apparently it's an ITAR violation.
View Quote
Really? That's weird, you think they would make a note of that on the spec sheet itself. How the hell are we supposed to know that?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Have you looked through someone's omni viii side by side with yours? I'm wondering how much I'm missing out on over here w/ a similar echo tube.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Have you looked through someone's omni viii side by side with yours? I'm wondering how much I'm missing out on over here w/ a similar echo tube.
View Quote
I haven't, but from what I've read, the extremely low light performance is way better
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I haven't, but from what I've read, the extremely low light performance is way better
View Quote
Gen 3 is better in low light but how much better will depend on the tube. There are some pretty low spec ones floating around so look for something with a spec sheet so you know what you're getting. Omni VIII / VII type specs will be better then the Echo. In bright light like the Moon right now it won't be as big of a difference.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would make that trade in a heart beat.
View Quote
You got a deal man!

Lol but are they that much better? Definitely worth it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:39:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You got a deal man!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would make that trade in a heart beat.
You got a deal man!

I was in similar position a short while ago. If you have the cash, it’s definitely worth it...

I’ve already gone Echo  to WP 14 to RNVG WP in the last 6 months. L3 tube was a blem and way nicer than the echo

ETA: nice specs on the echo, honestly. I’d still give WP a shot like Sam thinks
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:54:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Just gotta get rid of my echo. The guy I got it from has harris whp+ and l3 filmless wp, he said he'd give me an aviation grade tube for 150$ more, is that a thing or?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Let me know
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 11:43:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Is that a full PVS-14 device with a housing? $3300 seems pricey for just an Echo tube.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is that a full PVS-14 device with a housing? $3300 seems pricey for just an Echo tube.
View Quote
Yeah it was the whole unit, came with the usual kit and a cheap bump helmet. Still pretty high lol I didnt know any better. JRH has them for 2500 now??
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just gotta get rid of my echo. The guy I got it from has harris whp+ and l3 filmless wp, he said he'd give me an aviation grade tube for 150$ more, is that a thing or?
View Quote
Ask if you can look through both of them?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#23]
As Sam and other have pointed out - it isn't a bad trade-in price. They are giving you fair market value on the trade, but you're still eating a 1k loss. Unless you primarily hunt under the canopy of the forest or basements and inside warehouses, you're not going to see a massive benefit by jumping over to filmless tubes - at least not one that would have me questioning taking a 1k loss. Looks like a pretty decent tube with a 2000+ FOM.

Is it a green or WP echo?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ask if you can look through both of them?
View Quote
He is out of state
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As Sam and other have pointed out - it isn't a bad trade-in price. They are giving you fair market value on the trade, but you're still eating a 1k loss. Unless you primarily hunt under the canopy of the forest or basements and inside warehouses, you're not going to see a massive benefit by jumping over to filmless tubes - at least not one that would have me questioning taking a 1k loss. Looks like a pretty decent tube with a 2000+ FOM.

Is it a green or WP echo?
View Quote
Its WP. That's what I was thinking too, if it would be worth it. Idk, I am thinking of getting binos now, might as well
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#26]
i would just sent it off to a sponsoring vendor and have them match your existing tube into a set of RNVG's. That or sell it and buy a set of RNVG's or Sentinels. I don't think you will have any issue selling a WP Photonis Echo PVS-14 with 9yr warranty.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:56:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah that's a good idea. I pretty much ready have this one sold, I wouldn't mind some sentinels,  some guy sold some for 5400 on here a while back
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top