Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2020 1:14:51 PM EDT
I've had a handful of guys ask about group night shoots (gatherings, training, matches), and I wanted to collect the ones I've seen posted about around these parts to try and make it easier to organize. Does anyone have any to add here or details that they'd like to correct for me? It'd be nice to have at least the regular events listed so guys can make connections with other NV enthusiasts and go from there (private events, etc). I'd be happy to add a sentence or two to each for descriptions as well. Feel free to shoot me an email with details or corrections if you'd rather not post here -

https://www.jwramp.com/news/night-shoot-venues

Got any better ideas for how to keep the list than just my personal blog? Maybe once we get it all cleaned up a mod could make a sticky post of some sort.

Link Posted: 2/6/2020 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I did Richmond on the 18th, it was a blast. Thanks for putting a little list together. I know I would like to get out more.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice thread thank you sir
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagged, thanks for putting this together
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
University Rifle Club near Reading PA is doing a monthly thing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
University Rifle Club near Reading PA is doing a monthly thing.
View Quote
Excellent - added to the list along with a list of instructors that put on NVG training - happy to add to that section too if I'm forgetting some.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:46:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:49:27 AM EDT
[#7]
@TNVC_Sam excellent - DM or email me the dates and name of the range and I’ll get it added. I couldn’t remember where you guys had been holding that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Friday Night Fights at 37PSR Gun Club near Ft. Bragg in NC is Night Vision friendly and is great when DST is not in effect.

It's the Friday before the first Saturday of the month.

I've shot the match with NVGs a couple of times now. It's pretty sweet. Friday Night Fights is a single stage shoothouse match.

https://37psr.com
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#9]
@7255

Where was that night shoot you went to a couple months ago?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@7255

Where was that night shoot you went to a couple months ago?
View Quote
Irvington Sportsmen's Club in Irvington, Kentucky.

ETA They'll do night matches twice a year, the next one is scheduled for the 29th of February.

Knob Creek Range, through KPDL, also hosts night matches, unsure how often they are.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys - got those added to the list and the map is starting to fill in!

Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#12]
JW,

Add Old Fort, NC to the list.  We will do a night vision event on 20 March, and low light on the 21st.  Probably another event in the fall.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#13]
OST
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#14]
@jwramp

Here is a new one to add to the list. This one is in Southern Michigan.

LINK

Description
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@jwramp

Here is a new one to add to the list. This one is in Southern Michigan.

LINK

Description
View Quote
Got it - added to the instructor section at the bottom. If MDFI is going to host more night shoots, I can add a section about that above in the states too.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Got it - added to the instructor section at the bottom. If MDFI is going to host more night shoots, I can add a section about that above in the states too.

Thanks!
View Quote
I think they might depending on the turnout for this one. They opened it to alumni first and have 9 people signed up so far. It opens to the public tomorrow. I signed up, so I will get more info on it, but I'd expect to see more classes next year.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Great thread, definitely following it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 4:16:51 AM EDT
[#19]
JW, we occasionally have a NV shoot in Hollister, CA. However the problem is that we can't shoot loud after dark. Gotta shoot suppressed or .22LR rimfire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top