Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2019 2:29:43 PM EDT
I feel like they did me a solid so I just wanted to return the favor. I just got a PVS 14 from them, and I think I got a really good value, as well as very friendly customer service. I had initially contacted them looking for a part for an older gen device, and we got to talking about just upgrading me. I told him I wasn't ready to drop three grand on a new unit, so we got to talking about me building one from spare parts he had lying around. They do mostly contract work, so they have a bunch of used tubes and parts laying around from the units they've serviced.

In the end, I ordered a used gen 3 tube and a housing parts kit he cobbled together for me from spare parts they had. They even assembled and purged it for no additional charge, which was a pleasant surprise, and saved me from having to buy a wine preserver kit to do my own homebrew job on it.

If he hadn't told me the housing was cobbled together from used parts I never would have suspected it. Everything is like new. The tube is what he told me it was. A few small blems in the outer rings and very faint chicken wire that's only somewhat visible against a white background at close range. Doesn't even register as an annoyance when in use, and certainly doesn't affect performance.

I will probably be a repeat customer. I'm already coveting a white phosphor filmless tube, which they quoted me some very attractive prices on. They don't make their prices public since everything is built to order, but they're very competitive from what I've seen. If you're in the market for night vision, I would highly suggest calling them for a quote.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Purchased my first set of Litton Goggles along with a PAC-4B from them back in 1994. About a year later they said I was not supposed to have the PAC-4B and asked for me to sent it back for a full refund. I asked if they still had any of the older A model IR lasers (they looked like a flashlight) but they were out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Purchased my first set of Litton Goggles along with a PAC-4B from them back in 1994. About a year later they said I was not supposed to have the PAC-4B and asked for me to sent it back for a full refund. I asked if they still had any of the older A model IR lasers (they looked like a flashlight) but they were out.
View Quote
Sorry, it got lost in a tragic boating accident.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Indeed

Such a shame, been happening a lot lately
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Indeed

Such a shame, been happening a lot lately
View Quote
If Congress gets its way there’ll be a whole lot more of it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I did the right thing and actually sent it back. When I went to the UPS hub to overnight it with insurance the UPS man behind the counter was being a little to inquisitive about the contents which I simply listed as Electro-Optical Equipment. He gave me that vibe that made me think that my package contents were not going to make it to Miami. So I said something like listen this package contains a piece of equipment that is designated for military use only and if this package does not show up at this address by the end of business tomorrow I will call the FBI field office in Melville, NY and the company will call the FBI field office in Miami. All of a sudden the guy was like I was just curious given the amount of insurance you were buying and than he said I did not even know the FBI had an office in Melville. The package arrived unmolested.

I killed more critters with those Litton's in a few years than with everything else combined to date. I use to look through the back of a Leupold 2x7 compact that was on a Marlin 22 mag tubular fed bolt gun with a 6 cell D Maglite with an IR filter taped to the stock. You kids today have it so easy with these fancy tiny IR illuminators and cheap thermals. In about 2001 a Raytheon engineer offered me a W-1000 for $30k and I was ready to pull he trigger, but he changed his mind. A few years ago they could be had for $5k. Glad he changed his mind.

The UPS guy counted the cash three times when he delivered my box that contained magic  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wow.  LONG before the under 1mW variances were issued to LDI and then the commercial IR floodgates were opened!
View Quote
What is funny is that after reading the FDA regs in the late 90's I always knew IR lasers could be made for civilian use and a light bulb was going off in my head for a business idea, The only problem was that I was not an engineer and had no idea how to make it happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top