Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2019 9:07:19 PM EDT
I have a Norotos AKA2 and the main dovetail on my DDA locks up real nice and tight.  I just bought a used INVG mount and the dovetail has a bit of slop when it locks in.  Not much but noticeably more than on the AKA2.  It's like the latch isn't quite holding the dovetail all the way back into the slot.  It has about 1/32" fore-aft movement.  I can think of a few ways to take up the slack but none of them are brilliant.  I thought I'd ask here first to see if there's a slick method to tighten up a dovetail that hasn't occurred to me.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#1]
When I Cerakoted mine, tolerances tightened up. Of course Cerakote isn't cheap, LOL.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#2]
do you have bungees on your helmet/headgear to remove the slop?

if not, maybe black tape?
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I do have some bungees.  The slop really isn’t bad but I just know the fit could be better.  I might try to shim one side of the dovetail with some thin shim stock held in place with a mild adhesive that could be removed in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top