Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2019 5:17:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this air rifle compatible by any chance?
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one.  If this is your budget, the Wraith performs very well for the money.  Personally, I bought it to use as a buddy scope.  I use thermal, but when someone wants to come hunt with me, they don't need a $6,000 optic.  They just need to be able to see and shoot where I point.

You can also get a QD mount for it from Sellmark.  It's nice and solid.  http://sightmark.com/product.php?item=765
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 1:37:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this air rifle compatible by any chance?
View Quote
The specs say up to a .308. I have it on my AR 22-250 at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 1:47:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Can it be dialed for range?
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#6]
What’s the resolution like at 32x ?
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Plenty of vids on Youtube to show you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Can it be dialed for range?
View Quote
If you mean can you set different profiles for different yardages, the answer is yes. There is 5 different settings. These could be 5 different guns. These could be the same gun with different distances, or different loads, or a combination of all of the above. The setting states caliber and grain to allow for different loads, but it is really just 5 different X, Y settings. A person could use for instance a gun value of 308 and where it says grain just put 100, 200, 300, 500, etc. Use whatever values you want. They are just different X, Y coordinates. You have to go into the menu to select the different profile/distance, but it can be done.

If you mean is there a rangefinder attachment option that automatically adjusts your POI based on range, the answer is no. This scope does a lot for $499, but not automatic reticle adjustment.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
All digital devices struggle with resolution when using anything over base mag as they are using digital zoom. The base mag of 4x will allow you to shoot comfortably to 250-300 yards. I did zoom in to 16x and 32x just to see what it looked like during sighting in, but I don't see a lot of real world usage for it. For night vision, it would totally pixelate the image.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I was able to get out on a few stands and capture a successful coyote stand with the Wraith. Unfortunately, it is supposed to rain all week, so I won't get out again until next week.

Yes, I realize the coyote is out of focus. I had preset the focus to the edge of the corn, and I didn't have time or want to move to adjust the focus.

Video
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Thinking about picking one of these up.

Can anyone confirm if these use Acog mounts?

Is this the best option at this price point?

My use would be hogs at a feeder at ~100 yards.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted: Thinking about picking one of these up.

Can anyone confirm if these use Acog mounts?

Is this the best option at this price point?

My use would be hogs at a feeder at ~100 yards.
View Quote
They use a picatinny mount. It records great video, and is built well. I don't know of a better option at this price point. Night Goggles would be a great place to buy one. It won't have issues with hogs on a feeder at 100 yards, even with the stock IR.

Here are some daytime videos of the Wraith:

Video #1

Video #2
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I think both Tom and Korey are answering a question Texas Terror isn't asking.  He seems to be asking if the same mounts that fit an ACOG will also fit a Wraith.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think both Tom and Korey are answering a question Texas Terror isn't asking.  He seems to be asking if the same mounts that fit an ACOG will also fit a Wraith.
View Quote
Yes. It appears some versions of Sightmarks Wolfhound optic will fit on some ACOG mounts and it uses the same Sightmark QD mount as the Wraith it appears. I can only assume that the wraith could fit on some ACOG mounts. I would just rather know before shelling out the cash for a LaRue mount or something.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes. It appears some versions of Sightmarks Wolfhound optic will fit on some ACOG mounts and it uses the same Sightmark QD mount as the Wraith it appears. I can only assume that the wraith could fit on some ACOG mounts. I would just rather know before shelling out the cash for a LaRue mount or something.

Thanks for clearing that up.
View Quote
I own the one I told you to buy earlier in this thread.  Tell me what to measure on it and maybe I can help.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#18]
As ThisWildAdventure has said, the WolfHound Locking QD mount does fit the Wraith. I sent an email to SightMark to get an official response, and they said yes, it does in fact work with the Wraith. I ordered one of the Wolfhound mounts today. When it arrives, I can measure the bolt hole separation and will report the measurements to see if it might fit your ACOG mount
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As ThisWildAdventure has said, the WolfHound Locking QD mount does fit the Wraith. I sent an email to SightMark to get an official response, and they said yes, it does in fact work with the Wraith. I ordered one of the Wolfhound mounts today. When it arrives, I can measure the bolt hole separation and will report the measurements to see if it might fit your ACOG mount
View Quote
Well there would be more to it than just bolt-hole separation, no? The angle of the dangle, so to speak, seems important.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I don’t have a Acog mount now To measure but would rather go with a reputable Acog mount if possible over the Sightmark mount. I’ll do some searching around and see if I can find some mount dimensions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top