Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2019 4:58:15 AM EDT
So I’ve acquired a ANVIS-9 and am now looking for a mount to use.  I have the bead on a good deal for a G01 Mount for the F5050 PVS-23.  Would this work with my ANVIS-9 (F4949)?  What’s the actual difference between the G01 and G02?
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Augee!  I just got off the phone with Wilcox about 5 min ago and was going to report the same thing.

Search continues...
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually recently dealt with this when someone asked to use their own ANVIS goggles and wanted to borrow a helmet and mount.
I’m sure I looked quite confused when it didn’t lock up properly. Fortunately I also had spare goggles. (Actually some TNVC Sents haha)
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I actually recently dealt with this when someone asked to use their own ANVIS goggles and wanted to borrow a helmet and mount.
I’m sure I looked quite confused when it didn’t lock up properly. Fortunately I also had spare goggles. (Actually some TNVC Sents haha)
View Quote
At least he didn’t drop it
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

At least he didn’t drop it
View Quote
Exactly! Who mounts up ANVIS w/o using $0.02 of 550 cord?

(Have you gotten those back up and running yet?)
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
It was a humbling relearning experience. She was literally just putting them on real quick on the porch.

I epoxied it back together and it feels as solid as it did before it broke. Which is still pretty flimsy lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 2:06:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It was a humbling relearning experience. She was literally just putting them on real quick on the porch.

I epoxied it back together and it feels as solid as it did before it broke. Which is still pretty flimsy lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least your spouse did it. How understanding would she be if you were asking for $$ for the NV you just broke?
But also that looked like one of the cheaper “Oh S@&$” moments.
I’ve had to pay the bill b4 when other people drop my stuff.

Do they make an RNVG for ANVIS glass?
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 3:36:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
@UNV said they were getting some in soon...
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

At least your spouse did it. How understanding would she be if you were asking for $$ for the NV you just broke?
But also that looked like one of the cheaper “Oh S@&$” moments.
I’ve had to pay the bill b4 when other people drop my stuff.

View Quote
She’d be pretty understanding but definitely not the same, lol. That’s the tough part. Like many of us, I’ve taken people out to use gear, but lucky to not have had any of them drop anything (knock on wood). Definitely recommend not letting people borrow Anvis 6/9s.

I’m at a crossroads. I’ll post on my thread to not hijack this one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top