Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2019 6:40:11 PM EDT
I bought a pvs 30 refurb and the spec sheet says the resolution is 5.02 and boresight moa .0 the fom is 1881 is this a good purchase? I'm clueless and am going to take it out this weekend to try it out
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
FOM of 1881 is very good to excellent. At 64lp, that’s a 29.4 S/N.

Ya dun gewd.

Price?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#2]
4700 plus tax
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a steal, but a solid deal. You’re going to like it. Zero MOA POI shift, but just be sure your rail is aligned perfectly. This is why I’m a big fan of the LMT MRP line of true monolithic uppers. No seam to introduce alignment issues.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
4700 plus tax
View Quote
SHOW ME THE WAY BROTHER
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

SHOW ME THE WAY BROTHER
View Quote
EuroOptic still has them in stock here - a few different options based on FOM:

https://www.eurooptic.com/Knights-Armament-US-Army-Buy-Back-AN-PVS-30-GRADE-A-26807A.aspx

(That’s where I got three of them, for me and some buddies)
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought a pvs 30 refurb and the spec sheet says the resolution is 5.02 and boresight moa .0 the fom is 1881 is this a good purchase? I'm clueless and am going to take it out this weekend to try it out
View Quote
They are great scopes, I liked mine a lot.  They are stupid simple to use and seem to be built like a brick shit house.  A FOM of 1881 is very good.  I definitely wouldn't pay $4700 for one, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad deal.

ETA:  Also, check the boresight ASAP when you get it.  One of mine had to go back for collimation as the sheet said 0.25 MOA but two different rifles and a laser beam said ~3 MOA low.  It was covered under the one year warranty but I have no idea what it would've cost me if it was outside of that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

EuroOptic still has them in stock here - a few different options based on FOM:

https://www.eurooptic.com/Knights-Armament-US-Army-Buy-Back-AN-PVS-30-GRADE-A-26807A.aspx

(That’s where I got three of them, for me and some buddies)
View Quote
Good to know they are back in stock. Gonna have to look harder at this.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Curious if anyone has heard or has personal experience with how well the PVS30 mates up when mounted to a Badger EFR? Planning on picking one up to run on my FN SPR.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Curious if anyone has heard or has personal experience with how well the PVS30 mates up when mounted to a Badger EFR? Planning on picking one up to run on my FN SPR.
View Quote
Just perfect - that's kinda what it's made for. I had a local gunsmith install the EFR on my Manners and we made sure everything lined up fine with the particular scope I was using. Ended up having to mount it almost all the way to the front of the stock to make sure there was enough clearance for a S&B 3-20. The newer EOTech VUDUs are pretty cool how short they are for the money, would be perfect with a clip-on.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
That’s what I was hoping for. I’m gonna be putting a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27 and I had read where inletting the EFR may be required depending on contour of the barrel. I had assumed the EFR would be mounted as forward of the stock as possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top