Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2019 1:00:35 AM EDT
New update is out for trails and helions. Really improved the image quality at least in my opinion. Just a PSA for pulsar users out there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Downloaded it on both my units this week but haven't had the chance to try them out yet.  I've heard from multiple sources that the image is improved.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Downloaded it on both my units this week but haven't had the chance to try them out yet.  I've heard from multiple sources that the image is improved.
View Quote
Can't wait to check this out. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently updated my Trail XP50 but have not yet had the opportunity to check it out.  I’m happy to hear that it seems to have helped performance, which is just a bonus as I’ve been more than pleased with its performance.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Any shift in zero? I know it’s wise to always check zero after an update but I don’t always have an opportunity to do that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any shift in zero? I know it’s wise to always check zero after an update but I don’t always have an opportunity to do that.
View Quote
Although I haven’t had a chance to check that, I am certainly going to reconfirm zero.  It just seems prudent, especially since I’d hate to make a bad shot on a coyote or hog.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Reports from users are no shift, but I would always write down my X,Y coordinates before updating, verify they are still there after the update, and check zero before hunting. It did make the picture a little better on my Helion. It also changed what the UP button does. No longer does a quick push activate wifi, it now changes the viewing mode (ID, Forest, Rocks). The biggest change may be the recording quality. It appears the recorded videos are now closer to the quality of what you see through the thermal.

Side note:
Some users are having issues with a message saying File Broken when downloading the Pulsar firmware update to StreamVision. This issue along with others, can normally be resolved by first deleting the app from your mobile device, restarting the mobile device and the reloading the app. Second if it still hasn't fixed it, go into StreamVision and delete your thermal device, and go back through the process of setting up a new thermal. This typically fixes the issue, and the user can then download the update and update their thermal software.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks OP
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I did the update.  It's unreal.  The image quality was already great with the Trail XP50.  Now it's unbelievable.  I'll try to post some comparison pics.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I did the update.  It's unreal.  The image quality was already great with the Trail XP50.  Now it's unbelievable.  I'll try to post some comparison pics.
View Quote
That’s great news!  Unfortunately due to both the work schedule and the miserably hot weather here in Florida right now I haven’t been in the field with my Trail XP50 in months.  I did however download the update yesterday so hearing that you’ve noticed a significant improvement over what I already considered to be very good performance is very encouraging to hear.  Add this news to the fact that I’m headed to an appointment with a metal fabrication shop tomorrow to start work on a shooting tower for my truck that incorporates a German MG3 ring mount, and I’m very excited about getting out and hammering the coyotes again soon!  
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#10]
What version is the update?

I looked online and compared it to my XP50 and the firmware on my unit had a higher number.
Purchased January 18, 2019.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know what the update number is but when I read this topic yesterday, and launched the stream vision app on my phone, it immediately told me there was an update available.

Did your app not tell you the same thing?  You may need to play with the check for update button?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What version is the update?

I looked online and compared it to my XP50 and the firmware on my unit had a higher number.
Purchased January 18, 2019.
View Quote
Current version in discussion here is 3.2.000.F
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#13]
New update is great and no zero shift on my optic

Link Posted: 8/18/2019 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
New update is great and no zero shift on my optic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-YiTsw3lHs
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#15]
anybody know if this applies to rxq30v also?
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
anybody know if this applies to rxq30v also?
View Quote
Go here for details on the latest available firmware
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top