Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2019 6:08:36 PM EDT
crossposted

I have a MTEK carbon v ordered and need to get some ear pro mounted. I am currently running TW ltp with Comtac Defenders mounted with Unity Mark, works good but I don't really like the way they pivot out.

Is there a way to adapt the ACH mount to Mtek`s mlok? If not could I possibly modify the rail? Does anyone have this mount that could send me a picture of the inside of the mount?
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#1]
They posted something the other day on their Instagram showing what looks to be mountable AMPs to their own helmet.

But that's why I don't use helmets like Wendy and MTEK because they are hardly worth building new mounts for.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They posted something the other day on their Instagram showing what looks to be mountable AMPs to their own helmet.

But that's why I don't use helmets like Wendy and MTEK because they are hardly worth building new mounts for.
View Quote
I saw that picture on IG but it is Liberator IV's not the AMP. I have a email out to Mtek but figured I'd run this by the hive as well.

I did it for the multicam black..
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I saw that picture on IG but it is Liberator IV's not the AMP. I have a email out to Mtek but figured I'd run this by the hive as well.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked M-Tek about what they posted on IG. They told me it is the Liberator IV with the universal suspension system adapted to the MTEK/M-Lok Peltor adapters. The only mod you need to do is bend the wires in a little because the angle is a tad off.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I asked M-Tek about what they posted on IG. They told me it is the Liberator IV with the universal suspension system adapted to the MTEK/M-Lok Peltor adapters. The only mod you need to do is bend the wires in a little because the angle is a tad off.
View Quote
Thanks for the info looks like I'll be ordering the AMP. Stoked to try it out!
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ll just go be poor over in the corner.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
If it makes you feel better I'm only running a pvs14 / breach bridge, poor man's fusion.. kinda like putting lipstick on a pig??
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If it makes you feel better I'm only running a pvs14 / breach bridge, poor man's fusion.. kinda like putting lipstick on a pig??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds pretty baller to me!
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 3:03:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you using a filter to try and get the images to fuse, or are you using one or the other at any given time?
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 4:34:39 AM EDT
[#9]
is there an NSN for the AMP yet? or maybe a part number to start off
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#10]
nevermind. I found it on their product sheet. the price is not as high as I expected
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you using a filter to try and get the images to fuse, or are you using one or the other at any given time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amber filter on 14 and sepia mode on Breach works fairly well for this
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/New-Breach-PTQ---questions---/18-499790/

Yes Sepia and Amber ACT filter. This was a post I made with pics at the bottom.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info looks like I'll be ordering the AMP. Stoked to try it out!
View Quote
Did you get your AMP adapted to the MTek yet?
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Did you get your AMP adapted to the MTek yet?
View Quote
I am still waiting on my Mtek and my AMP to arrive, both are on order.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#15]
How's it going?
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How's it going?
View Quote
AMPs should be here by mid October per OPS Core's email. I will be sure to post what I find out!
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Where did you get the mounting hardware? Tried to look on safariland but nothing comes up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#18]
@shinnne I am using this VVV and modifying Mteks rail to mount the AMPs

https://shop.gentexcorp.com/ops-core-amp-helmet-rail-mount-kit/
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Got it. How are you modifying it exactly with some mlok tabs?
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Got it. How are you modifying it exactly with some mlok tabs?
View Quote
I wont have specific details till the AMPs show up next month but Mtek said:

"It will work with minor modifications, takes 10 minuets."

I replied for more detailed information to which they said:

"The modifications should be intuitive.  Some filling and trimming and you should be able to get it in there.  Shoot me an email if you're unable to do it, and I can get you some updated info."

This is all the info I have at the moment. I am not too concerned about the modifications as the rails come off easily enough and it would be simple to attach the helmet mount that way, I am worried about the angle being off causing the earpro to not fit snugly enough. I will be sure to post detailed pictures and info once the AMPs arrive and tag both @spyhawk and you in the thread! @shinnne I take it by your interest you have a Mtek helmet as well? If so what is your opinion of the comfort and/or retention system?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#21]
@Ranger993

Oh man, I wish I was baller enough to have an Mtek. I just have a Team Wendy, I wanted to see if you were able to mod and if so I'd probably be able to mod something up maybe using Unity Tactical MARK. I think what it might come down to is me using buying an OP-Core helmet. I wish someone made some ARC rails that fit TW bumps. I saw that OP-Core sell ACH rails. I don't know if those will work on team wendy bumps.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@Ranger993

Oh man, I wish I was baller enough to have an Mtek. I just have a Team Wendy, I wanted to see if you were able to mod and if so I'd probably be able to mod something up maybe using Unity Tactical MARK. I think what it might come down to is me using buying an OP-Core helmet. I wish someone made some ARC rails that fit TW bumps. I saw that OP-Core sell ACH rails. I don't know if those will work on team wendy bumps.
View Quote
TW is a really comfortable lid with a nice retention system, I love my LTP. Are you trying to mount specifically a OPS CORE AMP or just any ear pro?  Unity sells a Team Wendy  mount, I have Peltor Comtacs mounted to mine.  I will know more once everything comes in unless someone with AMPs chimes in here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:38:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Trying to mount amps on them but what I think what it's going to come down to is just buying an ops core helmet. Once I get mine i'll figure something out also.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#24]
I actually sold my TW LTP when I upgraded to the MTEK.

The LTP did fit a little better, but the MTEK was worth it. It's an amazing bucket.

I do wish I could switch from the MLOK to the more industry standard ARC rails.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#25]
For anybody subscribed to this thread, discussion continued here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Mtek-Flux-UPDATE-Ops-Core-AMP/18-503254/
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks @Spyhawk

Are you running coms to your AMPs? I am looking for PTT options outside of the $800 Ops Core PTT.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 6:40:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thanks @Spyhawk

Are you running coms to your AMPs? I am looking for PTT options outside of the $800 Ops Core PTT.
View Quote
No, I don't have AMPs yet, I was waiting to see how this thread turned out first :)

I currently have Comtac IIIs on Unity Tactical MARK adapters since they offer an actual MTEK specific mount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top