Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2019 8:55:09 AM EDT
Looking to buy this one pictured.  I have seen quite a few FP Dbals and peq15a around.  This one looks to be an LDI unit with an ARMS mount.  Any concerns that I should look for or downsides?  Or should I save my scheckles for a ATPIAL FP?

Edit : pics removed
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Any “full power” domestic IR laser/illuminator — PEQs, DBALs, etc — are going to be of questionable provenance. Unless you have either genuine .GOV release paperwork or irrefutable, concrete chain-of-custody showing it was never owned by Uncle Sugar, you should avoid it. Especially when there are better, legal/legit options out there like the Perst-3, etc.

There’s simply no reason anymore to “chase the dragon.”

Ask someone who knows.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't disagree with you there.  I have been following the Perst saga for since the first thread came up and it is on the short list.  If Perst had a IR laser/ illum FP only unit I would be all over it.

This one popped up and is attainable for me right now whereas the Perst 3 is still out of the price range unfortunately.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#3]
That came from a questionable Instagram seller of gear.

Made its rounds through the various forums and social.media. There is a reason why it's being sold cheap. The instagram guy had trouble moving it, the new owner is having trouble moving it. If you buy it, you'll have trouble answering difficult questions when you sell it.

Just not worth it with so many other options out there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That came from a questionable Instagram seller of gear.

Made its rounds through the various forums and social.media. There is a reason why it's being sold cheap. The instagram guy had trouble moving it, the new owner is having trouble moving it. If you buy it, you'll have trouble answering difficult questions when you sell it.

Just not worth it with so many other options out there.
View Quote
and if someone comes looking for it now you've made a record on a public forum.... id pass....
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't want to say that in the first post but was hoping someone would chime in.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top