Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2019 8:50:25 PM EDT
What's the word on these? I'm seriously thinking about getting one. I've been lurking on the night vision forum for a while and have wanted to get into it for a long time. Part of me wants to save a little more for binos but this way I could just dip my toes in and if I like it then I can go that route.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 11:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent option. Typically high spec units! Call them and see what they have on hand, they might just have something sweet ready to ship out
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Best deal around IMO. I have two of them. Ask for the specs they’ll read the sheets to you and let you pick the one you want.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Excellent option. Typically high spec units! Call them and see what they have on hand, they might just have something sweet ready to ship out
View Quote
I called less than a week ago and had them put me on the list to call when they got some in. They gave me a call literally like 5 days later (tuesday this week) and I had to turn it down cuz I was a little short on funds and I didn't think it would be so soon. Told em to keep me on the list and that I definately want one next time

Ill probably end up getting another one and running a bridge for a while and then do a conversion to bnvds or something
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

They sent the specs and I picked one out I like. Had a small blem on the very outside. Cant tell when using them.

My housing did not work when I got them. They shipped both ways and fixed it within a couple days and compensated me for the trouble.

I flew with mil nogs for 20 years and these things are amazing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you guys seeing any other blems in the tube besides the large zone 3 blem?  I have a set with small blems in zone 1 and zone 2, in addition to the large zone 3 one.  Not what I expected.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are you guys seeing any other blems in the tube besides the large zone 3 blem?  I have a set with small blems in zone 1 and zone 2, in addition to the large zone 3 one.  Not what I expected.
View Quote
If you paid for a zone 3 blem only and that's not what you received, they will swap it out for you no question.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you paid for a zone 3 blem only and that's not what you received, they will swap it out for you no question.
View Quote
This is what I’d expect. The question is what do they have available to swap it out with. You could have a wait but if this tube is not what you want, then it’s worth waiting vs living with it.

FWIW, I’ve had tubes with small specks in zone 1/2. They never bothered me because they end up blending into the background during use.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most manufacturers only consider something larger than .003” a blemish. Spots smaller than that can be visible to the eye in the right conditions but aren’t considered blems.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can't see any on mine. if they are there, they are imperceptible.

after dealing with them, if you are unhappy i bet they will make it right for you
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#10]
If your Looking for some of the best night vision tubes available and dont mind the blem these are the best deal going. The unit I got from them blows way past the specs rating L3 uses for the different tubes they offer, the one I got is a 1701 series tube that has a FOM of 2577. It has a EBI of 1.3 which is a bit high but whatever the rest of the numbers speak for themselves. As far as the “blem” goes its on the very outside and is hardly noticeable for the most part.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If your Looking for some of the best night vision tubes available and dont mind the blem these are the best deal going. The unit I got from them blows way past the specs rating L3 uses for the different tubes they offer, the one I got is a 1701 series tube that has a FOM of 2577. It has a EBI of 1.3 which is a bit high but whatever the rest of the numbers speak for themselves. As far as the “blem” goes its on the very outside and is hardly noticeable for the most part.
View Quote
My unit mirrors these specs very closely.  I am very happy with my purchase, but now I want binos.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I owned the one that AZ2A sold me and it was probably the best L3 unfilmed WP tube I've ever owned. The Zone 3 spec was on the border so it didn't concern me a bit and disappeared to my eye in about 30 seconds of use. Wouldn't hesitate in the least to pick up another. I sold it unfortunately because I bought binos.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#13]
What are these going for? Eta nevermind scrolled past it

How do these compare to the Photonis Echo spec at JRH?
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I owned the one that AZ2A sold me and it was probably the best L3 unfilmed WP tube I've ever owned. The Zone 3 spec was on the border so it didn't concern me a bit and disappeared to my eye in about 30 seconds of use. Wouldn't hesitate in the least to pick up another. I sold it unfortunately because I bought binos.
View Quote
You should have kept that thing! Well, I should have
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the responses.  (Sorry to thread jack, OP.  I can make a new one if necessary).

The unit I received had several small blems on the tube in addition to the one large Zone 3 blem.  There are two noticeable "specks" near the zone1/zone 2 area.  I did call NVO and mention this, and was told that is part of the manufacturing process and within spec.  I did expect no blems besides the large one so was disappointed in this.  The option I was given was to return it within 30 days.  They are out of other tubes so that's not an avenue available right now.

The specs of the unit are otherwise high and it matches my TNVC very nicely (aside from the blems).
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Im not familiar with photonis first hand so I cant speak on them, but as far as night vision technology goes L3 unfilmed tubes are definitely the cutting edge best you can get and these blem units that N-vision are selling have some really high specs.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I posted a couple of links on the Harris WP thread. Decent video comparison L3 filmless WP, Harris thin filmed WP, and Photonis Echo WP. The L3 is hands down better but the Photonis will do the job just fine for a lot of people so it really depends on how much you can/want to spend.

ETA: I had the Echo WP and have L3 filmless WP now. The Echo I got from JRH. It was a really good tube. I would've kept it but I needed to unload it and some other gear to buy N-Vision L3s. I have two of those. The Echo showed it's shortcomings in really dark conditions compared to the L3s. It was quite noticeably darker than the L3 or thin filmed green phos.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I posted a couple of links on the Harris WP thread. Decent video comparison L3 filmless WP, Harris thin filmed WP, and Photonis Echo WP. The L3 is hands down better but the Photonis will do the job just fine for a lot of people so it really depends on how much you can/want to spend.

ETA: I had the Echo WP and have L3 filmless WP now. The Echo I got from JRH. It was a really good tube. I would've kept it but I needed to unload it and some other gear to buy N-Vision L3s. I have two of those. The Echo showed it's shortcomings in really dark conditions compared to the L3s. It was quite noticeably darker than the L3 or thin filmed green phos.
View Quote
Appreciate that. A big price difference between the two units so maybe that's why. I'm still new learning about this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top