Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2019 5:22:11 PM EDT
I think I am going to move my perst 3 to my ar-10 and put a perst 4 on my 5.56 night rifle.

Question:
I currently have a scout light with a malkolff head. Is my best bet to replace with a surefire km2-b ir head?

I still want decent illumination at 100 yards or so. Will this provide or is it going to be too much of a flood beam to get the job done.

Any other options?
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure how well they are known, but I have a Dereelight NightMaster and that thing is insane. You can get them with white or IR Leads, and you can get either a large head or small head. They are aspheric so extremely bright hotspot with very little spill. I bet the smaller would reach out to 100 yds just fine.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.dereelight.com/nm800-4s.php

That guy? Looks interesting. Looks like the mounting options might be limited with that big of a head though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe the Modlite 850-IR head?

Believe if you look through the recent post here it has been discussed.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]
https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-torch-pro-infrared-illuminator/

Takes surefire bodies I think you can just buy the head
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe the Modlite 850-IR head?

Believe if you look through the recent post here it has been discussed.
View Quote
https://modlite.com/collections/all-products/products/modlite-ir-850-light-head
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I would need to buy their body. An extra 100$. Won’t work with my existing scout body.

Looks like a darn good option though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I didn’t see the option for just the head, but I will shoot them an email.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I didn’t see the option for just the head, but I will shoot them an email.
View Quote
Make sure it works on scout bodies not sure about that one
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a TNVC Torch Pro II. It's more than enough IR light at 100 m. Very solid unit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Ended up ordering the torch. Almost ordered the laser illuminator posted on here a day or so ago, but the torch is a well known quantity.

FYI: they don’t sell just the head anymore, but it is still compatible with scout bodies. I will just swap it over as I already have my mount and use that for the head I have on their now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#11]
$18
940nm, so gen 3 or sionyx only

FandyFire 940nm IR Illuminator Infrared Light Night Vision Adjustable Focus LED Flashlight Torch for Hunting (Not Included 18650 Battery) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J58P2WR/
Amazon Product
  • INVISIBLE IR LIGHT --- FandFire 501IR flashlight is not for General Lighting Purpose, it emits high power invisible 940NM infrared light, IR can't be seen by human eyes, recommend to use night vision monocular and goggles together.(only a small, faint red glow on the LED that shows you that the torch is on)
  • ZOOMABLE --- The flashlight head section can be zoomed in and out to obtain zoomable light, and the zoom is suitable for short distances and field ranges
  • ADVANCED DESIGN --- The fuselage is made of aircraft aluminum alloy, using optical convex lens, enables better focusing in for a condensed spotlight or back out for a flood effect. It has anti-slip and waterproof design, which helps to get a better night in hunting

Link Posted: 8/2/2019 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#12]
All those zoomable cheap flashlights are junk.  I usually just super glue them in place.  Sure it'd be fine for walking around the woods,  but no way I'd trust it to handle any amount of recoil.  I wish they would make them twist like the old maglites
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Got the tortch pro in last night. Have to say I’m impressed.

Went out to play with it in the neighborhood. My neighbors truck is around 200y away from the center of my driveway. With a 3x on my pvs I was easily able to see everything. It can reach out much farther than that.

Easily on par with my perst 3.

Only thing I don’t like is it’s quite large.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I reached out to them on Instagram, they will send a complete IR unit to you.  They have not put it online yet.  Chris Costa sent me some videos, very impressed with the range.  He said it was almost too much inside 100yds.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sho does.  I use one in a Larue flashlight mount in conjunction with a PVS 30
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#17]
@TNVC can the Torch Pro be ordered with *just* the 910 pill? Also, why did you guys choose 910 as opposed to 940?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Those guys at modlite needs to make a IR 940 head for the M600DF
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Those guys at modlite needs to make a IR 940 head for the M600DF
View Quote
Per there instagram a ir 940 head will be available second week of August
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sorry I saw this several days ago and just plain forgot to comment.

Yes both the 880 and 910 diodes are on our web site. I cannot post links, but type in TNVC Torch PRO Mk.II Drop-In LED Diodes in the search bar and you will see them.

The reason I chose 910nm over 940 was the 910 could broadcast better, (approx. 60 yards better) over the 940 pills.  At 940nm with a modern Gen 3 system you are pushing the envelope. Visible glow from the emitter was just about the same between 910 and 940, so another reason we stuck with 910 with our Torch Pro head. The 880nm Hope this helps.
View Quote
I want 1 Torch Pro and 1 diode.  I want that one diode to be 910nm.  I don't want the 810.  That's what I'm asking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top