Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a head start for the DIY crowd.  Still need to 3D print the NOD eyepiece.  FWIW, I'll happily pay $100 for another ANVRS.

https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Portable-Interchangable-Detection-Monitoring/dp/B07KY81F8T

Link Posted: 7/29/2019 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's a head start for the DIY crowd.  Still need to 3D print the NOD eyepiece.  FWIW, I'll happily pay $100 for another ANVRS.

https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Portable-Interchangable-Detection-Monitoring/dp/B07KY81F8T

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71FpAd11g%2BL._SL1500_.jpg
View Quote
Can’t wait to see what you come up with
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you guys see this?

Mine came in today but I will be out all week and can't test til Friday

Originally Posted By unobtainiumgear.com:
Removing the timestamp

After recording a video plug your SD card into a computer. In the files edit the ".txt" file that was created and change "Y" to "N".
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you guys see this?

View Quote
I did not, thank you’ll, I’ll give that a try.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did you guys see this?

View Quote
You da man! Didn’t see that before.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did you guys see this?

View Quote
Not applicable.  Note that those instructions are for an older, discontinued model.  There's no "Y/N" option in the MK3 .txt file.

In other news, their website says the ANVRS is OOS until late Aug.  We did it, boys!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Now that think about this. This device just looks like a raspberry pi with a spy camera attachment. Im 100% sure all you need to do is pop open the box and take the sd card that's in there that's contains the software and config it to not show the timestamp.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd be interested in a tear down video if anyone has it. Hell I'd throw in with someone on a sacrifice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m glad I saw this topic, I’m about to try and build one, maybe a little better one. 3D print time!

I see there are some 4K ones of those cameras, I wonder if they are actually 4K.

For those who had used the unobtainable what features would you add? Camera wise and mount wise? I’m thinking a zip tie channel on the ring to secure it better?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:For those who had used the unobtainable what features would you add? Camera wise and mount wise? I’m thinking a zip tie channel on the ring to secure it better?
View Quote
There is no need for a zip tie.  The rigging band it ships with holds the ring down just fine, through all sorts of hunting, vehicle insertions, animal stalking, etc.  At least for a PVS-14 it does.  Maybe LilMac has different NODs than I.

I would put a better camera in it.  "Better" in this case means (to me at least) higher dynamic range, increased noise reduction, higher FPS, more accurate color rendition, and an output file that isn't AVI.  Resolution-wise, I see no need for improvement.  1080p is perfectly acceptable, and 4K will fill up a memory card way too quickly.  We need a camera with a better sensor.  Augee seems to know a lot about these.  He said the BCO LPMR has a better camera.

I'd pay another $100 on top of the original ANVRS price for a better camera and MP4 output files.  I'm not paying $400 unless it's fucking amazing and has a great warranty.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn’t try to put mine on my BNVDs until I got out in the dark. I should have put it on first, but I didn’t.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't know if 4k is possible. I haven't seen any 4k spy cameras and i'm not sure the smaller raspberry pi have enough power to encode in 4k.

But if they do create a 4k spy camera that would be the first step. The only cameras ive seen are 1080p and some have some kind of IR capability but i'm not exactly sure how that would translate for taking video via NODs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Do any kind of lights come on when this is switched on? I have a fully charged external battery and an SD card inserted and nothing happens when I flip the switch to on

Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do any kind of lights come on when this is switched on?
View Quote
No.  There are no lights of any kind.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No.  There are no lights of any kind.
View Quote
Sweet, thanks for the quick response
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I came home from a night of gooning a while back, and, as it turns out, every time I thought I was recording, I was NOT recording, and vice versa. Efffffff.

My solution was to dab a mound of superglue on the housing.  This tactile feedback remind me to always move the switch TOWARDS the bump to record.

Link Posted: 8/5/2019 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I came home from a night of gooning a while back, and, as it turns out, every time I thought I was recording, I was NOT recording, and vice versa. Efffffff.

My solution was to dab a mound of superglue on the housing.  This tactile feedback remind me to always move the switch TOWARDS the bump to record.

https://i.imgur.com/ARJOugEh.jpg
View Quote
dang that sucks.

shoe goo is what many use for marking lights.  for instance on the SF Vampire lights, put shoe goo where the IR is active.  so it only takes a quick feel to know if its IR or White or Off.  i bet it would work here as well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I used mine this weekend for about 7 hours. Overall it was reasonable, but it was still falling off the eyepiece pretty consistently. At the 6 o'clock position where the video is captured right side up, it seated downward so that what I was looking at directly was in the very top of the video field of view. That was pretty annoying tbh. If I tried to angle it the ANVRS lens would fall off pretty easy even with the rubber eyepiece ring. It doesn't like when binos are flipped up and down, there still isn't enough tension to keep it securely mounted. That sucks, because I flip my binos close to a hundred times a night, sometimes more

I'm going to try to velcro the inside ring of the ANVRS clamp and the rubber ring. That may be enough to make this work but I'm not optimistic. Next step will be to try to the FPRS ring that Wil suggested (eta: assuming I can find one, they look to be defunct now)

Also, 6 hours of video fit on the 32gb SD card and was cut up into 5 minute blocks. Video quality wasn't great due to the lighting conditions over the weekend, but the audio actually seems better than the LPMR. I'm headed out of the country tomorrow but will upload the videos when I get back
Biggest plus for me is that the camera lens and the body are separate components. It makes a huge difference being able to velcro the ANVRS body to my helmet, it's way more flexible than the LPMR
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I really have ZERO issues with the camera moving around.  It stays exactly where I leave it after a whole night of hunting, and many ups and downs of my -14.  I wonder why we're having such different experiences.

Agreed on what it captures—I do wish the FOV was more centered.

Here's a CMR-201 IR laser and Fenix TK25 850nm illum in a field.

Link Posted: 8/5/2019 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I really have ZERO issues with the camera moving around.  It stays exactly where I leave it after a whole night of hunting, and many ups and downs of my -14.  I wonder why we're having such different experiences.

Agreed on what it captures—I do wish the FOV was more centered.

Here's a CMR-201 IR laser and Fenix TK25 850nm illum in a field.

https://im.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-1-2fef8fb4c640.gif
View Quote
Mine moved around at the 6 o’clock. I could get it to stay but it likes 12 o’clock better. Sucky thing is the time stamp looks even more retarded flipped around like that.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It won't stay put on the PVS14 eye ring, there just isn't enough tension on it and there is no clamping mechanism to increase tension. I tried shimming with electrical tape and considered using glue, but it won't stay seated properly. On the BNVD-ULs it can't mount at the 12 o'clock position because the body of the LPMR hits the BNVD-UL, and at the 6 it either runs into my nose or pops off with the slightest touch. Same for the PVS14, it won't stay seated and basically spins freely. I don't know if I have a bad one or what but it's really pissed me off. Unusable is putting it mildly
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well hell, I just ordered one. I am too frustrated with the LPMR
What's wrong with it?
It won't stay put on the PVS14 eye ring, there just isn't enough tension on it and there is no clamping mechanism to increase tension. I tried shimming with electrical tape and considered using glue, but it won't stay seated properly. On the BNVD-ULs it can't mount at the 12 o'clock position because the body of the LPMR hits the BNVD-UL, and at the 6 it either runs into my nose or pops off with the slightest touch. Same for the PVS14, it won't stay seated and basically spins freely. I don't know if I have a bad one or what but it's really pissed me off. Unusable is putting it mildly
Have you contacted BCO?  They have really good CS from my experience.  That seems like a problem with the unit.  I have 2 of them and haven't had that issue.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mine moved around at the 6 o’clock. I could get it to stay but it likes 12 o’clock better. Sucky thing is the time stamp looks even more retarded flipped around like that.
View Quote
And you're using the black rigging band that came with it? Are you using a PVS-14?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And you're using the black rigging band that came with it? Are you using a PVS-14?
View Quote
I ordered mine back in Spring and it didn’t come with one. I used my own rubber band. Only used it on -14 eyepieces. At the 6 o’clock I did have it tilt even with the rubber band on but it was a good yank. I didn’t want to have it too tight because I’d rather pop the camera off then damage the ribbon.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#25]
How are you guys editing/uploading/converting the video? I can watch my first two test videos on my PC and everything looks/sounds perfect, but when I upload to YouTube it says the files are not supported and the upload fails. Says they are .Avi on the PC. I just formatted the SD card and I'm gonna try again tonight.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/ARJOugEh.jpg
View Quote
I've been there with my GoPro while downhill mountain biking. Thought I was going to get some killer footage and instead it's ten minutes of me riding up the ski lift. I never knew it wasn't on because it sat on top of my helmet.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#27]
@Will1 reach out to that dude and see if he will ship you one, or tell you what to order (if he tells you, pls pass along).  I'd say there's a good chance he's either a member here or is otherwise watching the thread.

Quoted:
How are you guys editing/uploading/converting the video? I can watch my first two test videos on my PC and everything looks/sounds perfect, but when I upload to YouTube it says the files are not supported and the upload fails. Says they are .Avi on the PC. I just formatted the SD card and I'm gonna try again tonight.
View Quote
I have a Mac.  I insert the Micro SD into the computer.  Open the .AVI videos using a program called VLC.  Decide which ones I like.  Convert the keeper vids to .MP4 using a program called Handbrake (if the vids are coming off your camera upside down, you can program Handbrake to flip them ).  Then I upload .MP4 to wherever necessary to satisfy my narcissism and ensure Instagram fame.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Well ordered a micro 4K camera, that I’m going to 3D print a mount for my goggles. See if it works I guess.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well ordered a micro 4K camera, that I’m going to 3D print a mount for my goggles. See if it works I guess.
View Quote
Sounds like a cool project. I’m interested to see what you put together.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#30]
I have several of those spy cameras, I'd be interested to see what you come up with.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:28:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Have you contacted BCO?  They have really good CS from my experience.  That seems like a problem with the unit.  I have 2 of them and haven't had that issue.
View Quote
No I didn't, but TNVC was nice enough to take them back. I honestly didn't see any solution with the one I had, it was just too loose. Total replacement is the only thing I think that would have worked but it didn't make sense after I saw this thread and a similar solution for much cheaper
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:29:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well ordered a micro 4K camera, that I'm going to 3D print a mount for my goggles. See if it works I guess.
View Quote
If you happen to 3d print an extra mount I'd be happy to help test and cover costs
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah see what we come up with. I’ll post results once we start printing and testing, hopefully start printing next week.

Edit: well camera came DOA so got to find another one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 12:41:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yeah see what we come up with. I’ll post results once we start printing and testing, hopefully start printing next week.

Edit: well camera came DOA so got to find another one.
View Quote
Good luck, I went through several on Amazon and eBay. Even ordering a few from the same vendor / seller net'd different cameras each time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I saw on Instagram that someone was coming out with another system that has a longer ribbon that can be worn on the back of the helmet, or one with a goggles mounted ribbon. However, now I can't find it or remember the name of the company. It wasn't the ANVRS, do any of you know?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I saw on Instagram that someone was coming out with another system that has a longer ribbon that can be worn on the back of the helmet, or one with a goggles mounted ribbon. However, now I can't find it or remember the name of the company. It wasn't the ANVRS, do any of you know?
View Quote
I do not know, but you have my attention.  Please let us know if you find it again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here's another system hitting the market soon. I like that the eyepiece/camera mount looks a little more secure than others on the market lately and the video looks nice and clean from shooting at 1080px/60fps.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Here's another system hitting the market soon. I like that the eyepiece/camera mount looks a little more secure than others on the market lately and the video looks nice and clean from shooting at 1080px/60fps.
View Quote
I saw that one as well, but that wasn't it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Finally found it, the company is called ORD (I have no affiliation with them). They have 2 setups - one with a short ribbon and one with a long ribbon. One downside I see is that recording is in 720p instead of 1080:

ORD Solutions
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Finally found it, the company is called ORD (I have no affiliation with them). They have 2 setups - one with a short ribbon and one with a long ribbon. One downside I see is that recording is in 720p instead of 1080:

ORD Solutions
View Quote
The camera on these blooms like crazy. Just an FYI.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

ORD Solutions
View Quote
Between this and the ANVRS, I wonder who copied who.  They look identical and have nearly identical specs.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top