Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/23/2019 7:16:01 PM EDT
Where, oh where have all my peeps gone? Where O’ where have you gone?

This forum sucks balls now.

Not a swipe at the current Forum occupants, as there is some modestly useful info here and a few Kool Kidz, but where is my beloved Rat Pack?

I miss the miscreants.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahh the problem with forums that last this long.

People lose interest.

Love you too Horta
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe they had all their shit confiscated?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ahh the problem with forums that last this long.

People lose interest.

Love you too Horta
View Quote
Love you too, KPog!

I’m gonna go drown my sorrows in some 15.2% Bourbon County Stout whilst I reminisce about the “Old Day’s.”
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe they had all their shit confiscated?
View Quote
It’s an elite club. You’re just jelly.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It’s an elite club. You’re just jelly.
View Quote
I was big time lurking back then. That robot was pretty fucking badass
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
@skypup posted elsewhere in here a week ago so he's still around. Not sure what happened to the other guys.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
It was epic, and came with its own bucket of irony that, one day, I may share on the forum. You don’t know fun until you’ve chased a herd of bewildered bovines around a pasture late at night with a military robot that’s screaming “C’MERE COWS! C’MERE COWS!” All while seated inside on your couch drinking beer and watching the drama unfold on your 65” TV in real time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It was epic, and came with its own bucket of irony that, one day, I may share on the forum. You don’t know fun until you’ve chased a herd of bewildered bovines around a pasture late at night with a military robot that’s screaming “C’MERE COWS! C’MERE COWS!” All while seated inside on your couch drinking beer and watching the drama unfold on your 65” TV in real time.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damnit that’s hilarious
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was too

That robot was revolutionary
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Love you too, KPog!

I’m gonna go drown my sorrows in some 15.2% Bourbon County Stout whilst I reminisce about the “Old Day’s.”
View Quote
If I could find one, I would drink one with you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay, wait a minute, was the irony that a robot came “knocking” on your door? Lol
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
To be honest Dino got sick of the shit getting accused of being a TNVC employee along with Pup...But wait it was ok for other "fan boys"  rooting for their favorite vendor. You know Horta, Da mann right? You asked don't get me started...
View Quote
Reminds me, I just barely received MAWL #2 from you guys today! Thanks!

Guess I’m a TNVC shill now, too. (Don’t forget my monthly Shill Check).
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Okay, wait a minute, was the irony that a robot came “knocking” on your door? Lol
View Quote
Who knew they came with global GPS trackers and could be controlled from the mothership?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Murderman had a bad back injury, got heckled a lot for his choice of NV product for many years as well. I miss his valuable input to great field testing.
View Quote
MM was awesome. We’d talk on the phone for hours. Had our share of personal spates, but I have a great deal of respect for that man. He’s been through a lot and has a ton of valuable wisdom to share. He was the anti-Horta, but we made it work.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Who knew they came with global GPS trackers and could be controlled from the mothership?
View Quote
That’s good stuff
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#22]
It's a damn shame they're gone . Their minds were treasure troves of info in regards to NV, thermal, infrared lights and lasers, mounting, DIY solutions/fixes, so on and so forth. Lurked here for two or three years and I soaked up a lot of info from you, Dino, Skypup and CJ7Hawk/David before taking the plunge and buying my first night vision device and coming on here to share my opinion of it. Then again I also was below the age of 16 before I got my NODs and couldn't join anyways, literally got em on my 16th birthday.

But unfortunately, I totally get that being flammed for manufacturer/seller preference would get very tiring, obnoxious and disheartening after awhile, and
obviously, health issues making participation difficult. Unfortunately I know the latter all too well, got diagnosed with Systemic Sclerosis a couple years back. Those sort of long term health problems can definitely become a bit like an octopus, where all the shit from the health issue(s) in question begins to stack up and impact every facet of your life. Which in turn, forces you to sacrifice a lot of things to get yourself back on your feet and not exert any more stress, injury or bill collectors on yourself.

Wherever they are? I hope they're doing alright, I definitely have an immense amount of respect for you and the others listed giving factual information for someone else who may be a noob or is just getting started with these optics
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Damn, after ten plus years of having so much FUN putting NV and Thermal to hard work clearing out my properties, I still have a few hogs and song dogs left to kill.

Sure wish TNVC or FLIR would have hired me and given me all my hardworking shit for free, instead I had to spend years and years in academia to become a Molecular Geneticist to support my night time habits...that sux balls.

Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Still killing and grilling Skypup?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#27]
You bet, SandBlaster, ITT Raynoir logged out a couple of square miles of pines out back of the house and disrupted my routine but things are getting back to normal once again....
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Skypup has the coolest night time stuff.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hey brutha!!!! A familiar face.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Damn, after ten plus years of having so much FUN putting NV and Thermal to hard work clearing out my properties, I still have a few hogs and song dogs left to kill.

Sure wish TNVC or FLIR would have hired me and given me all my hardworking shit for free, instead I had to spend years and years in academia to become a Molecular Geneticist to support my night time habits...that sux balls.

http://www.phossil.com/thom/6.5%20Grendel/HogBalls.JPG
View Quote
You went to school?

I’m bettin’ you rode the short bus and momma called you “her special little boy.”  
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Nah, I left home the day I graduated from HS and moved to Haight Asbury to become a hippie.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nah, I left home the day I graduated from HS and moved to Haight Asbury to become a hippie.
View Quote
You are the true “Triple H” — Hog Huntin’ Hippie.

Good to see you still kickin’ around. We need to get the band back together.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey Horta, whatever happened to SatchelATN?

I heard he went on to market their top of the line X-Sight to bottom feeding catfish, he was so good with their X-Sight he could positive ID the size of their wallets at 500 yards day or night!??
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#34]
A lot of people got sick of the vendor drama and migrated over to a bunch of closed facebook groups. That is in no way an attack against any specific vendor, because many of you post great tech content to the forum.

That being said, there are some very active facebook nv groups, and I am guessing that is also why these forums got a lot more stale than they were 3-4 years ago. Glad to see Horta posting again, because I felt terrible about how things went down for you. I am just so sick of the dark side of this industry... Some of the diy tech threads on here were outstanding, so hopefully it gets back to what it was.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#35]
What about Hard shell?
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A lot of people got sick of the vendor drama and migrated over to a bunch of closed facebook groups. That is in no way an attack against any specific vendor, because many of you post great tech content to the forum.

That being said, there are some very active facebook nv groups, and I am guessing that is also why these forums got a lot more stale than they were 3-4 years ago. Glad to see Horta posting again, because I felt terrible about how things went down for you. I am just so sick of the dark side of this industry... Some of the diy tech threads on here were outstanding, so hopefully it gets back to what it was.
View Quote
Is there any groups that aren’t run by “vendors “ or somebody thats acting directly on a dealers behalf? Serious question, not intended as smart ass. I don’t have Facebook so I’ve got no clue.  Any forum you get on anymore, and ask about xyz, you’ll get 50 private msgs about call me I’ve got the best price .....  think that turns folks off , and automatically make them question the “education “ they may be receiving about xyz
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Is there any groups that aren't run by "vendors " or somebody thats acting directly on a dealers behalf? Serious question, not intended as smart ass. I don't have Facebook so I've got no clue.  Any forum you get on anymore, and ask about xyz, you'll get 50 private msgs about call me I've got the best price .....  think that turns folks off , and automatically make them question the "education " they may be receiving about xyz
View Quote
Yeh, the facebook groups suck though bc they get full of jackasses and various vendors all calling shit out when they don't know shit.

There isn't a better collection of people here both on the amateur and professional side that can offer the best answer to any question you can ask, in any other group. Just stay here.

ETA this forum isn't ran by a vendor
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeh, the facebook groups suck though bc they get full of jackasses and various vendors all calling shit out when they don't know shit.

There isn't a better collection of people here both on the amateur and professional side that can offer the best answer to any question you can ask, in any other group. Just stay here.

View Quote
That’s kind of what I’m getting at . Lots of guys selling the stuff . Some don’t use it at all, lots more use it very little. Was talking to a guy the other day that bought an xyzbrand.  Asked why he chose that particular model, was really curious, because it is gonna be all but useless for what he’s trying to do.  He assured me he talked to any expert, that pig hunts all the time . I had to point out that this guys home area is nowhere near anyplace that pigs exist .  Maybe if he drove 1000+ miles. ....
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Guess you are in the wrong groups? And yes, there are non vendor run groups. There is a problem with the groups though - the way content is served on the forum software and can be archived is much better. I was just commenting as to why I feel like the nv forum traffic took a hit, when I see users posting on the fb groups that also have accounts here. I am seeing a lot more diy type projects on the groups than in here these days.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Skypup, I want to get together and go over my rig setup with you.

I have the opportunity to hunt hogs on several properties in Dixie and Taylor.

I will call you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Ok, great, have a 3,000 acre cattle ranch in Levy County and a 2,000 acre tree farm on the Suwannee River too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hey brutha!!!! A familiar face.
View Quote
I think the old folks still lurk.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Is there any groups that aren’t run by “vendors “ or somebody thats acting directly on a dealers behalf? Serious question, not intended as smart ass. I don’t have Facebook so I’ve got no clue.  Any forum you get on anymore, and ask about xyz, you’ll get 50 private msgs about call me I’ve got the best price .....  think that turns folks off , and automatically make them question the “education “ they may be receiving about xyz
View Quote
NV world online has always been like this from the start.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#46]
its nice to see some familiar faces in here too, especially Horta.
I still remember sending you an amazon lightning deal for like a $2000 thin filmed PVS-14 and you bought me a membership

I loved all the stuff Skypup would post and ESPECIALLY Dino. Heck I started building a tube model and spec database just going on all the info that was posted on here.
I learned so much from those guys from being able to ID tube's, look up contracts. There for a while we had the one thread where there was a tube guessing game where he would post pics of them and we would try to figure them out.

Then the threads about the super tubes. I would love to sit around and talk Vic's ear off sometime if we ever get the chance to meet.

ahhh the good old days.

BTW, im still waiting for TNVC to show up at knob creek.... hint hint.
For years mod armory was the only NVG vendor that would show up. now they show up at a table with like 2 helmets and a weapon light for sale. Dont even know why they bother now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
its nice to see some familiar faces in here too, especially Horta.
I still remember sending you an amazon lightning deal for like a $2000 thin filmed PVS-14 and you bought me a membership

I loved all the stuff Skypup would post and ESPECIALLY Dino. Heck I started building a tube model and spec database just going on all the info that was posted on here.
I learned so much from those guys from being able to ID tube's, look up contracts. There for a while we had the one thread where there was a tube guessing game where he would post pics of them and we would try to figure them out.

Then the threads about the super tubes. I would love to sit around and talk Vic's ear off sometime if we ever get the chance to meet.

ahhh the good old days.

BTW, im still waiting for TNVC to show up at knob creek.... hint hint.
For years mod armory was the only NVG vendor that would show up. now they show up at a table with like 2 helmets and a weapon light for sale. Dont even know why they bother now.
View Quote
Actually, it was an Armasight L3 Filmless GP PVS-14, and it was awesome. I forgot who wound up with it some months later after “NODpocalypse.”

Good memory!
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#49]
I miss Munderman.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top