BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was positive this was a no-go this year. I guess Dewine has lightened up, wooohooo!
View Quote

That range has been hosting regular competitions and events through the shutdown apparently without issue. I've done two long range matches there recently and had a good time. Looking like it'll be another great fall/winter NV season in OH and PA.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That range has been hosting regular competitions and events through the shutdown apparently without issue. I've done two long range matches there recently and had a good time. Looking like it'll be another great fall/winter NV season in OH and PA.
View Quote

Awesome.

I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Been waiting for this all summer!
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's good to hear. 1 state North and I couldn't buy seeds...
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, I would love to do this. I'm in Ohio, I just did the TNVC armed pro class, but I'm going to be moving away next month...
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#6]
@crossgun

How are things looking?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#7]
October 17th, Saturday.  emails to follow for sure this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Let me know if there's going to be any hot chocolate at the range??

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd potentially be interested if given enough time to make travel plans.  anyone have info on the PA group?  that would be a little closer to me haha - but would be cool to hang, learn and make new friends.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd potentially be interested if given enough time to make travel plans.  anyone have info on the PA group?  that would be a little closer to me haha - but would be cool to hang, learn and make new friends.
View Quote

Couple different things in play for the PA crowd right now. There’ll be a SnipersHide meetup north of Pittsburgh at a 1000yd+ sorta range - more distance shooting, less running around tactically. Then the Pgh group will be kicking off monthly as well. Doing an intro lecture/demo on Oct 8 just north of town.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Couple different things in play for the PA crowd right now. There’ll be a SnipersHide meetup north of Pittsburgh at a 1000yd+ sorta range - more distance shooting, less running around tactically. Then the Pgh group will be kicking off monthly as well. Doing an intro lecture/demo on Oct 8 just north of town.
View Quote

is there a website for the for more info @jwramp?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
is there a website for the for more info @jwramp?
View Quote

Here's the club that hosts the stuff close to Pgh on a monthly basis - https://www.rosedalesportsmen.org/night-shoot/
The guy from the club running things is good about posting updates on FB, so I'd recommend following the club there too.

If you're in the area, we have a Facebook group for night shoots that you can hop on if you reach out to me. The SnipersHide meetup is I believe about a month out and there'll likely be a fresh post put up about it soon. Here's the previous discussion that was happening over there - https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/gauging-interest-east-coast-long-range-nv-thermal-meet-up.7021581/

I believe you can reach out to Crossgun directly to get on his email list for the OH events. Not trying to fill up his thread with our stuff, but it's just across the border so we overlap pretty often.

EDIT - correction, SH shoot looks like Nov 14 at this point. I got my dates mixed up... I love the fall, so much night shooting to be done!
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:50:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Let me know if there's going to be any hot chocolate at the range??

https://i.imgur.com/8gKSDke.jpg
View Quote

I will bring a thermos just for you and only you.  

Anything else I can do for you sweetheart?  Maybe I could supply functioning gear that would be properly sighted in? How about that?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I will bring a thermos just for you and only you.  
Anything else I can do for you sweetheart?  Maybe I could supply functioning gear that would be properly sighted in? How about that?
View Quote

(this needs a bump)
Functioning gear? Please.. I like it when me $400+ RMR decides to jump off the slide. It spoke to me.. It said, "I want to be free.. FREE, I TELL, FREEEEEDOM!!"
... and as you can tell, I can't even send an emails... the struggle is real

What about s'mores by the camp fire? (Asking for a friend)
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Darn, I heard the event was cancelled. I had all my gear laid out . Hopefully we can setup another time.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 6:13:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Those interested and qualified plan on Saturday, November 14th

Range issues out of my control forced the change in date but appears all has been resolved and we are GTG
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Those interested and qualified plan on Saturday, November 14th

Range issues out of my control forced the change in date but appears all has been resolved and we are GTG
View Quote

Im not vetted yet, but thats the same day/night as the other nv shoot/meet up in Ohio.
(And the same weekend I drill )
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I really need to get my house done so I will have Saturday's free again!!

Should be able to make it if this carries thru the late winter
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Im not vetted yet, but thats the same day/night as the other nv shoot/meet up in Ohio.
View Quote

Yeah sorry about that. Didn't see anything else on the calendar when we scheduled the long range night event for the 14th. Definitely a different setup than the more dynamic drills-focused times at the training group events. Both should be great though!
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:29:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah sorry about that. Didn't see anything else on the calendar when we scheduled the long range night event for the 14th. Definitely a different setup than the more dynamic drills-focused times at the training group events. Both should be great though!
View Quote

Even though I probably won't be able to make it. I really appreciate you setting that up. I was just talking to another member here about doing something similar in the southeast part of Ohio. Just needed to find a range and then reach out to industry to see if they'd sponsor/attend. I had the idea that an "intro to NV shoot" would be a great marketing and sales opportunity. Then i saw your post haha
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I’m stoked to finally move to the area and join in on these events. I’ve been vetted, but live in eastern PA for now, though if my cards fall how I want, I’ll be local this upcoming summer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Depends on how much you love/hate driving, but I'm 4 hours out and it's way worth it. I'll be catching some rack, locally, this time though - did the full monty (drive/shoot/drive) last time and it almost killed me. Hell, I may be doing it just to watch this time...but we'll see
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 6:19:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Depends on how much you love/hate driving, but I'm 4 hours out and it's way worth it. I'll be catching some rack, locally, this time though - did the full monty (drive/shoot/drive) last time and it almost killed me. Hell, I may be doing it just to watch this time...but we'll see
View Quote

WATCH?  What the hell does that mean?  

Bruh, your point man for the patrol cause I know you miss it.

I understand that some of you are caught between a rock and hard place with both events.  I bummed myself as I also wanted to attend what JW has planned however range openings are far and few especially at night.  As mentioned programs are different and great times will be had at either event.  Looks to be a great evening as of now for either location.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

WATCH?  What the hell does that mean?  

Bruh, your point man for the patrol cause I know you miss it.

View Quote

Bruh - A-U-R-O-R-A  P-R-O's I should be good, based on all my testing down to NL4, especially with a PERST-3 Illuminator - but you never know. Gotta pressure test to find limits - but I'm realistic, they may not work. Back here on the farm, I'd just use IR, but can't do that at an event, as it screws the other guys. You and the other Dave put out good info, so it will still be worth it to absorb knowledge bombs.

Oh good god, you just gave me a flash back of Ranger School - "Roster Number 212, you're now the PL for movement to and setting up, the Patrol Base, you have 10 minutes". Guesss I better dust off FM 7-8 and the Ranger Handbook
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there anybody coming in November that has a COTI?
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is there anybody coming in November that has a COTI?
View Quote

Yes my son, I must continue to be a bad financial influence on you.  In addition to mine I believe we will have 1-2 more.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:58:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’m stoked to finally move to the area and join in on these events. I’ve been vetted, but live in eastern PA for now, though if my cards fall how I want, I’ll be local this upcoming summer.
View Quote

Yeah eastern Pa here as well.  Would love to tag along to some PA night shoots.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm from massillon and I just found this thread.  How do I play?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm from massillon and I just found this thread.  How do I play?
View Quote

PM @crossgun there is a vetting process
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#30]
November 14th!  Less than two weeks out for those interested and following and after the time change!

Great evening planned and looking forward to being on range with my night vision family.

STAY DARK

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Gang, I don't recall seeing this in the emails, if I missed it, mea culpa - but this costs crossgun money out of his pocket, so bring at least $50 cash so we can reimburse him.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#32]
It's on.. See everyone Saturday.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Cones 1
Nightfighters 0

Next time they won't know what hit em
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Hahahahaha!! A.K.A - "Shit you'll now train at home". Thanks to crossgun again, and good meeting, and re-meeting everyone!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Here's what the bump in the night looks like.
(aka.. bump this post)
Trust me, I'm no photographer. But, never the less, here's some of Team 2... and if you were on Team 1, it was the better team, just sayin'

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Damn guys and their cameras!  Shouldn't you have been jamming mags?

Ok where are the NVG pics?  Where is JW when you need him?
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anyone have info on PA nightvision groups- preferably eastern PA if there are any? I would like to be able to reach out to those involved. Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here's what the bump in the night looks like.
(aka.. bump this post)
Trust me, I'm no photographer. But, never the less, here's some of Team 2... and if you were on Team 1, it was the better team, just sayin'

View Quote

Cool pics. I took video, but it's like a 4 Gig file, LOL!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Does anyone have info on PA nightvision groups- preferably eastern PA if there are any? I would like to be able to reach out to those involved. Thank you!
View Quote

These guys hold a monthly night shoot.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Attended a night shoot Saturday.
I found some flaws in my setup.

Im in northwest oh looking to build on this fun night activity.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

These guys hold a monthly night shoot.
View Quote

Exactly what I’m looking for. Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Damn guys and their cameras!  Shouldn't you have been jamming mags?

Ok where are the NVG pics?  Where is JW when you need him?
View Quote

I’m no JW. I just held my phone up behind my tubes. Thanks again for all the work you put into putting this together!!!

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I’m no JW. I just held my phone up behind my tubes. Thanks again for all the work you put into putting this together!!!

View Quote

Pretty Cool man!

Here's the 300 yard line with a 9mm Subsonic ringing steel "I'm Happy With That!"  

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn this makes me wish I lived closer to OHIO
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Attended a night shoot Saturday.
I found some flaws in my setup.

Im in northwest oh looking to build on this fun night activity.
View Quote

I just bought a pvs-14. I am always looking to learn/explore it. I'm near Bowling green. Anyone else in NW ohio?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#46]
IM sent for info. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Bump for when it's not -1 outside

Also.. I got my Comms setup.. I'm good to go!!

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Cleveland area here, bnvds ordered from JRH, ready to roll in 90-120 days fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#49]
I am located in Louisville, definitely interested in participating next time with a little bit of a heads up if there is a Distro or anything I can get added to. Got my L3 WP DTNVGs yesterday and should have everything set up over the next week. I signed up for the Kinetic Consulting course in Lancaster in April and hope to meet some locals interested in the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:07:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Whats up dudes. Mike from Strategic Dark in Cleveland and stoked to see what you guys have going. Definitely down to get out for the next meetup and a +1.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top