Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 7/5/2019 1:15:10 PM EDT
Just gauging to see what interest there might be in forming a group and venue for night vision users in the N.E. Ohio area?  Nothing at all too high speed but both low light and NV weapon drills, movement, transitions and some other cool things to help all of us up our game.  No formal taught or hosted classes but more about providing a venue and location for like minded and equipped individuals to use their NV gear to its full advantage.

I currently have two locations near Akron/Canton in mind that would be available to host.  Once or twice a month, Saturdays, beginning maybe in September and running through November based on interest.  There would probably be a small range fee and planning is in the beginning stage and can evolve based on interest and desire.

I am aware of a group in SW PA that I believe does something similar that gets pretty good attendance.

There might be a small vetting process as well but nothing that should have anyone interested concerned.

Interested parties please reply or feel free to PM
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
This is actually a great idea. Would be awesome to see one in the tri-State AL/GA/TN area as well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Crossgun and I have been in contact before and as far as NE Ohio this wouldn’t really be of help but my range in central KY would be excited to host night events. We are hosting a class from Core Vision late 2019 but would like to get slightly more grass roots groups organized.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I would gladly donate my >200m range, complete with IPSC steel and small “shoot house” to the cause in North Alabama.

It only looks to be about 6-inches away from North Ohio on Google Maps.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Love this idea and a small range fee wouldn’t be an issue I don’t think. I live in IL otherwise I’d love to come shoot
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag for interest, and I have at least 2 others who would probably be in as well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Now we are cooking!

D_Man I will be in touch as this develops.

Horta be careful what you wish for if only six inches!  Huntsville looks to be about twelve hours from me and on the right weekend doable.  What are you doing Thanksgiving weekend LOL?  Seeing as westernhaikus1 is halfway between us I can pick him up along the way.

In addition to this sub group I would like to develop we should also attempt to put together a weekend that might be a little more central and in-compass more of the guys on the forum.  I could be up for a drive.  I think it is about having a location and range that will let us bang steel all night long.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is actually a great idea. Would be awesome to see one in the tri-State AL/GA/TN area as well.
View Quote
In for this.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]
TAG.  Im around NE ohio and i have some see in the dark stuff :)
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I would be interested in low light.  I am too poor to own NV
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would be interested in low light.  I am too poor to own NV
View Quote
I'm sure there will be loaners available.

I can fly up a few times a year if the locations aren't to far from a major airport.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#12]
In on 1...

Interested
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm 3 hrs from Akron, I'd be in the 90% range to attend. I assume Ohio is Braced AR Pistol friendly? I'm a Sionyx Aurora guy, so depending on environmentals, I may need to help you guys out with some 940nm IR

Cheap(ish) places to stay nearby? This cool, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm 3 hrs from Akron, I'd be in the 90% range to attend. I assume Ohio is Braced AR Pistol friendly? I'm a Sionyx Aurora guy, so depending on environmentals, I may need to help you guys out with some 940nm IR

Cheap(ish) places to stay nearby? This cool, thanks!
View Quote
Yes sir Ohio is AR Pistol friendly.  Depending on the final range location we will work on getting options for discounted lodging.  Plan would be for Saturday nights to allow those interested in a drive to travel in and out without disrupting the weekend to bad.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm sure there will be loaners available.

I can fly up a few times a year if the locations aren't to far from a major airport.
View Quote
Area is easily served by Akron Canton (CAK) or Cleveland (CLE).

I cant speak to or did I have any plans for "loaner equipment".  Gets pretty complicated with extra NODs, lasers and helmets and sorting all that out.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm in Detroit and would definitely be interested.

I have the gear (thanks TNVC!) But don't get a chance to use it often.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Do this for MN now lol
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I am in Michigan, so that shouldn't be too far of a commute. I might also have two others that would be interested.

@chosos
@Ryan1572
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Area is easily served by Akron Canton (CAK) or Cleveland (CLE).

I cant speak to or did I have any plans for "loaner equipment".  Gets pretty complicated with extra NODs, lasers and helmets and sorting all that out.
View Quote
This sounds great.

I always have spare gear and can bring a spare PVS7, OTAL-C and a SureFire M952V to loan out.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#20]
For those who come to AL, I have spare L3 WP binos, spare MAWLs, and spare thermals.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For those who come to AL, I have spare L3 WP binos, spare MAWLs, and spare thermals.
View Quote
Sounds good to me....
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well, since you're "Da man" with all the gear that would allow me not to travel with mine, maybe I should fly in!
View Quote
Bring it!  

I’ll fetch some LEO buds and we’ll make it a date. I’m a favorite OPFOR invite because I bring cooler toys than most agencies here have. Most of them have to wear their Avons for face-pro when using Simunitions.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Interested in the Akron / Canton gig if it pans out.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Subbed...

Anybody check out DSS training group in Deerfield? They do a lot of classes and USPSA/3-gun type stuff. Maybe they'd be willing to allow night shoots?

I heard All american in Canton (an indoor range) does low-light classes and stuff.

The private range I belong has the facilities and has hosted training and matches in the bpast... but I'd have to ask the board of trustees if they'd let the rifle/pistol ranges go hot after dark. I don't see why not... they have a couple illuminated trap ranges they run year round and shoot WAY past dark in the fall/winter months. Although shotguns surrounded by trees are a bit quieter than SBRs and stuff out in the open range.

All three of these places are within 45min of CAK.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Wouldn’t mind making the drive from St.louis if that meant blasting away at night with like minded people.
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Sure, I’m interested.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 12:29:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Holy fracknuts, Batman! There are hella-lotta peeps in OH with NODs!
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Subbed...

Anybody check out DSS training group in Deerfield? They do a lot of classes and USPSA/3-gun type stuff. Maybe they'd be willing to allow night shoots?

I heard All american in Canton (an indoor range) does low-light classes and stuff.

The private range I belong has the facilities and has hosted training and matches in the bpast... but I'd have to ask the board of trustees if they'd let the rifle/pistol ranges go hot after dark. I don't see why not... they have a couple illuminated trap ranges they run year round and shoot WAY past dark in the fall/winter months. Although shotguns surrounded by trees are a bit quieter than SBRs and stuff out in the open range.

All three of these places are within 45min of CAK.
View Quote
I belong to DSS and have spoke with Scott about doing some low light and dark work there and he really inst a fan out of respect for his neighbors which I appreciate.  Looking to have at least a 6-8 hour block plus more distance than DSS can offer.  I am also planning a little bit more than just square range work and want to incorporate terrain and patrol type movement.

We will be going way past low light.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Holy fracknuts, Batman! There are hella-lotta peeps in OH with NODs!
View Quote
Ya right, who knew?  I truly had no idea I had so many brothers in NODs.  And to think, I thought I would be the only dude cruising Walmart resupplying when all things went dark.  Now we are going to need a freaking greeter.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Keep it coming and seeing interest is higher than I thought I will begin working on securing one of two places I have in mind.  I will PM all interested parties after range is confirmed so we can move to an email group format and discuss the calendar and possible dates.  My goal here is to offer a venue/location where like minded and equipped guys can meet, share, work and get some trigger time.  I am more than happy to provide the structure, format and some drills but I am in know way a certified instructor and this will not be credited training in anyway.  There are numerous professionals out there who do a great job and we will leave that to those guys.

Because we will be looking at the world though the toilet paper tube PROFESSIONALISM is a must and individual, group and range safety will be paramount.

Lets do this!
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Keep it coming and seeing interest is higher than I thought I will begin working on securing one of two places I have in mind.  I will PM all interested parties after range is confirmed so we can move to an email group format and discuss the calendar and possible dates.  My goal here is to offer a venue/location where like minded and equipped guys can meet, share, work and get some trigger time.  I am more than happy to provide the structure, format and some drills but I am in know way a certified instructor and this will not be credited training in anyway.  There are numerous professionals out there who do a great job and we will leave that to those guys.

Because we will be looking at the world though the toilet paper tube PROFESSIONALISM is a must and individual, group and range safety will be paramount.

Lets do this!
View Quote
The thing that peaked my interest was *exactly* the non-structured nature. Wouldn't be interested otherwise, honestly. Safe (most important), like-minded ADULTS, a place to shoot in the dark that won't piss off neighbors = you should get the Nobel prize in Firearms :-)
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#33]
In MI, and travel to OH often. Count me as another interested party with wizard eyes.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Just jumping on your thread to keep track of it.  ;)
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just gauging to see what interest there might be in forming a group and venue for night vision users in the N.E. Ohio area?
View Quote
You know I’m down man. Can’t wait to see it happen.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You know I’m down man. Can’t wait to see it happen.
View Quote
Definitely had planned to reach out to you and your crew.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is exactly Why I started organizing FNFC here in North East FL once a month. Theres always at least a dozen or more attendees.

Having 12 sets of NVG's and MAWLS to rent for only $25 a session is a great way to get folks interseted in NV and "build" our community with good folks doing cool hood rat shit.
View Quote
Unfortunately the local range here in NorCal doesn't hold night shoots any longer. LMS defence is the only option for local training. Maybe Your Jefa aka "Vic" should follow your lead to help grow the community with monthly night shoots which I'd be more than willing to attend in SoCal.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Unfortunately the local range here in NorCal doesn't hold night shoots any longer. LMS defence is the only option for local training. Maybe Your Jefa aka "Vic" should follow your lead to help grow the community with monthly night shoots which I'd be more than willing to attend in SoCal.
View Quote
My office is in OC, so I’d be all over dat!
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have a private range here is socal I've been a member for years. Tested a lot of gear there after hours. Back in the day also did a good number of filming and training with Haley and Costa.
View Quote
Will be texting you quite soon.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Im in Dalton GA and we have a group that trains every Wednesday night and sometimes Saturday or Sunday morning.  Night Vision from fall to spring when the time changes.   We have three regulars with a guest every once in a while.  Private range on 350 acres.  sessions usually consist of a 3 mile hike in kit and various drills.  sometimes team tactics, sometimes patrolling, some vehicle stuff.  we will start back using night vision  in the fall when the time changes.  we have two loaner set ups with helmet, Nods and laser.   PM me if your interested.

edited.  I just read all the posts and noticed you have a range as well.  we could come to yours as well.  let me know.  thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Im in Dalton GA and we have a group that trains every Wednesday night and sometimes Saturday or Sunday morning.  Night Vision from fall to spring when the time changes.   We have three regulars with a guest every once in a while.  Private range on 350 acres.  sessions usually consist of a 3 mile hike in kit and various drills.  sometimes team tactics, sometimes patrolling, some vehicle stuff.  we will start back using night vision  in the fall when the time changes.  we have two loaner set ups with helmet, Nods and laser.   PM me if your interested.

edited.  I just read all the posts and noticed you have a range as well.  we could come to yours as well.  let me know.  thanks
View Quote
PM’d
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Guns are illegal in CA
View Quote
Might as well be. In a short matter of time I'm sure that will be a very true statement.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Might as well be. In a short matter of time I'm sure that will be a very true statement.
View Quote
Hold me brother.

Now lets figure out how to get a NV training session in this gun starved state. Preferably SF bay area(shithole city I know).
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hold me brother.

Now lets figure out how to get a NV training session in this gun starved state. Preferably SF bay area(shithole city I know).
View Quote
Closes thing now that Richmond RG doesn't hold 3gun night shoots is out by Hollister on BLM, but due to fire season will not be available until after summer.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Wish I knew of a place to night shoot in the DC/MD/NoVA area.  A few times a year at various Cola Warriors isn't really enough.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top