Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/3/2019 8:18:08 PM EDT
New NV company that started up about a year ago. Anyone do business with them yet?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Known a couple guys who have had zero problems, and then there are others saying shady stuff on Instagram. I have talked to him before, and he was quick to respond that is for sure.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
First I have heard of shady stuff at least on these forums.  I currently have a order in with them for a pretty good price.  Hopefully nothing funky going on.  I will report back as my tubes should be shipping out soon.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought/traded for a PVS18 body and optics from them. Smooth transaction. I’d buy from them again given the proper situation. I will say they offered me X dollars for a tube and then tried to get me to take less for it. They kept their word when I insisted though.

Dominic Steel (my contact there) seems like a great dude.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback guys. I’m about to buy some pricey electric boogaloo from them and always check up on these things first. Let me know how everything goes with you transaction if you can remember, Nubs
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Everyone involved in the Nod industry is a scumbag, but with that in mind, Dom isn't the worst guy to pick from. Most recent development from him is a decline in reasonable shipping times. Just my $0.02
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Right you are. Can I quote you on that NV scumbag thing? It’s very true. Think I’m going to give them a try
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Right you are. Can I quote you on that NV scumbag thing? It’s very true. Think I’m going to give them a try
View Quote
I am very new to NV and mostly lurk to gain info.  Do my best to stay in my lane when there is many guys here with way more knowledge.  However, from what I gather if you want a solid tube it seems the NV game is sorta like NFA.  I’m exaggerating but you get the point.  See the night originally told me end of May.  I sent them a message today and they responded a few hours later telling me they should have them shipped out in a week.  Communication has been really easy with them.  I’ll continue to update.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Go for it. The more people that know and understand that, the better.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems like a legit company. Plus, they have all of the correct equipment to purge, collimate, etc. Not sure what all tubes they sell, but I know they have been moving a lot of L3 1701 tubes in WP (which I think is why their prices are so good).
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 8:12:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Everyone involved in the Nod industry is a scumbag, but with that in mind, Dom isn't the worst guy to pick from. Most recent development from him is a decline in reasonable shipping times. Just my $0.02
View Quote
Haha I would like to know more about your thoughts on this?! Seems like there are some decent people involved to me but I do get a shady vibe from some of it
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]
If it makes you feel any better, the only real shady talk I hear is when NV purveyors talk bad about each other.

That was also the case about my post above. It was in reference to scratched off serial numbers on the tubes in a bino set.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seems like a legit company. Plus, they have all of the correct equipment to purge, collimate, etc. Not sure what all tubes they sell, but I know they have been moving a lot of L3 1701 tubes in WP (which I think is why their prices are so good).
View Quote
@sbye. Do you mind explaining the difference in L3 tubes ? If I remember right doesn’t have to do with contracts how they are marked ? Difference in quality at all?
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@sbye. Do you mind explaining the difference in L3 tubes ? If I remember right doesn’t have to do with contracts how they are marked ? Difference in quality at all?
View Quote
@nubs101 pretty sure the 1701 tubes are ones that didn't meet 20UM specs. So could have blems, high EBI, etc.

Edit: See the Night told me they were 2200+ FOM
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@nubs101 pretty sure the 1701 tubes are ones that didn't meet 20UM specs. So could have blems, high EBI, etc.

Edit: See the Night told me they were 2200+ FOM
View Quote
https://www.ultimatenightvision.com/Filmless-White-1701-Image-Tube-p/11769uw-ea-c001-1701.htm

According to this - Minimum 1800 FOM
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Yeah, but I guess the ones See the Night has are all 2200+ FOM. Sorry, I didn't word that very well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#16]
No problem
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Gotcha, they had told me to expect fom over 2400 and common specs were 64-72 LP 30-37 SNR and .5-2 EBI.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Just checked my sheets. The tubes in my N-Vision -14’s are 1701s. 2440+ FOM 72/34. Zone 3 large blem.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#20]
2500 good god. Would love to look through one of those. Thanks for the info.

Quoted:
1701s are minimum 1311 FOM 57lp/mm 23 SNR it's printed on every 1701 data sheet. I have never seen one that low and 1701s are unlimited FOM so they will be somewhere between 1311 and I believe around 2500 is the highest 1701 I have seen. 1800 is just the lowest 1701 FOM we offer in the systems we build. See The Night are good people.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a 1601 filmless white tube, any information on minimum specs for that?
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#22]
@UNV

Thanks for your professionalism and feedback. I’ll be in the market for thermal sooner or later and I’ll be seeing you when I do.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
First I have heard of shady stuff at least on these forums.  I currently have a order in with them for a pretty good price.  Hopefully nothing funky going on.  I will report back as my tubes should be shipping out soon.
View Quote
Did you get your order yet?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Did you get your order yet?
View Quote
No, they asked for my shipping information again.  Which was kinda odd because they already had it.  I sent a follow up message asking to clarified if it was being shipped out and did not get a response yet.  When I hear back I will update this thread.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#25]
How long ago was that Nubs?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#26]
That was actually just earlier today I got a message for them.  I do not really know whether to get upset or not.  I am strongly leaning towards no because it seems like there is always a wait in the NV game.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Why wouldn’t you give them the info again?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I wouldn’t be upset just yet. Are you emailing or texting? I’m in the waiting pool for a L3 filmless build and there has been delays in coms with me as well but they have always responded via text.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, they asked for my shipping information again.  Which was kinda odd because they already had it.  I sent a follow up message asking to clarified if it was being shipped out and did not get a response yet.  When I hear back I will update this thread.
View Quote
I ordered a pvs-14 on 6/5 when they had that flash sale. I talked to them Monday and it was shipping Tuesday or Wednesday. On Wednesday they told me Thursday. Come Thursday (last night), I still didn’t have tracking, so I texted Dominick. He told me it had shipped and he would get me the tracking number. Still don’t have the tracking number.

They are a young company and have some learning to do. As long as my optic is solid, I will take this as a positive experience and growing pains for a small start up company. Given the price I paid, I can’t complain too much.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I ordered a pvs-14 on 6/5 when they had that flash sale. I talked to them Monday and it was shipping Tuesday or Wednesday. On Wednesday they told me Thursday. Come Thursday (last night), I still didn’t have tracking, so I texted Dominick. He told me it had shipped and he would get me the tracking number. Still don’t have the tracking number.

They are a young company and have some learning to do. As long as my optic is solid, I will take this as a positive experience and growing pains for a small start up company. Given the price I paid, I can’t complain too much.
View Quote
I am in same boat as you.  From talking to them it seems like there might be only two employees.  I could be wrong, but it is the impression I get.  I am not upset because like I said seems there is always a wait with NV and I got a pretty good price as well.  I will try and follow up with them today and see if I can clear up some confusion.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
@lilMAC25:
I read my post and I wasn't totally clear.  I did give the information I just thought it was odd as I already paid and gave them all my CC and shipping info.  No big deal maybe they just misplaced it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
@lilMAC25:
I read my post and I wasn't totally clear.  I did give the information I just thought it was odd as I already paid and gave them all my CC and shipping info.  No big deal maybe they just misplaced it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@lilMAC25:
Cool. Hope I didn’t come across as a jerk. Was just wondering.

I believe they are a very small operation.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@lilMAC25:
View Quote
As an update, I just got a tracking number and it shipped out yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Same here got a response with a tracking number.  Mine as well should be here Monday. Looking forward to seeing the data sheet and through the tubes.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Same here got a response with a tracking number.  Mine as well should be here Monday. Looking forward to seeing the data sheet and through the tubes.
View Quote
Same.

Did we just become best friends?
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quoted:

Same.

View Quote
Can I ask what you guys snagged?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Can I ask what you guys snagged?

Thanks
View Quote
I got a pvs-14 with L3 filmless green tube.
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Same.

View Quote
YEP!

RNVG Flimless WP  Supposed to be in OD green which I have not seen anyone else have so excited for that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Awesome! Let me know what you guys think when you get your orders
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I got a pvs-14 with L3 filmless green tube.
View Quote
Price?

Is $2300 a good deal for Pinnacle Gen 3 thin film autogated green?
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Price?

Is $2300 a good deal for Pinnacle Gen 3 thin film autogated green?
View Quote
For a new unit from See the Night?

I would say yeah
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Talking to Dom via text tonight...
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The XLS grade Harris tubes are pretty inexpensive, you see more places using them lately. The  14 in the recent optics planet thread evidently has an XLS tube also.
Some- not all XLS grade tubes evidently are not autogated also so I've heard.
View Quote
I have an XLSH, not sure what the H stands for. Are the XLS series fallouts tubes? Reason I ask is it has a very small zone 1 blem. Doesn’t bother me at all but the price was very good and it has good performance -

Autogated
SNR - 28.4
Halo .93
EBI .57
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Last I remembered the XLS tubes (Night Vision Devices - Harris) were low FOM (I had one a few years ago it was 1344 FOM 64/21) and non-gated. Looks like they changed it up and took them off their website. Used to be listed with the other tubes (Ultra, VG, HP+, etc) on each device’s web page
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Numbers look decent, the Zone 1 blem would definitely keep it out of some of the higher grades. Is it gated?
View Quote
Mine is gated, I’m assuming it was a fallout because of the blem. All the other specs seem to be equal To comparable offerings
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Got my order in today. WP flimless RNVG they took care of me because of law enforcement so that was cool of them.

This mistakenly shipped me a black RNVG instead of a OD green.  They right away offered to swap it out, but I just asked if they could knock off a few bucks and I will keep it.  I was a little bummed after spending so much money that happened, but thats life.

Have a small blem in zone 3 of each tube.  Hardly noticeable at all.

Halo 0.7
SNR 35.5
EBI 1
FOM is 2509
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Nice score. Those will be awesome

Quoted:
Got my order in today. WP flimless RNVG they took care of me because of law enforcement so that was cool of them.

This mistakenly shipped me a black RNVG instead of a OD green.  They right away offered to swap it out, but I just asked if they could knock off a few bucks and I will keep it.  I was a little bummed after spending so much money that happened, but thats life.

Have a small blem in zone 3 of each tube.  Hardly noticeable at all.

Halo 0.7
SNR 35.5
EBI 1
FOM is 2509
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top