Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2019 5:20:00 PM EDT
I was waiting for a while for them to get them back in stock and they finally did so i ordered on fri and received on tues. (fast shipping) but the reason I am writing this is because i saw a posting about a cheap knockoff for $20-30 and I almost bought one but glad I didn’t.. We all know TNVC makes quality products, but the TNVC Mohawk is excellent quality and the stitching is awesome. Anyone on the fence about spending $70 on one don't worry, you will not be disapointed.. (I have no affiliation with TNVC what so ever)

Edit: WOW i had no idea my 2 cents was gonna cause this much controversy on a well built product
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
can you post a pic of yours. Considering getting one
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I dig the tactical tampon too [/url] [/img]
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The ole TNVC dickmod is one of the best things you can add to your noodle protector/NOD holder.

Accept no imitators!
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The TNVC tactical donger is absolutely worth it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
can you post a pic of yours. Considering getting one
View Quote
sorry i tried several times but my computer is acting up
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was waiting for a while for them to get them back in stock and they finally did so i ordered on fri and received on tues. (fast shipping) but the reason I am writing this is because i saw a posting about a cheap knockoff for $20-30 and I almost bought one but glad I didn't.. We all know TNVC makes quality products, but the TNVC Mohawk is excellent quality and the stitching is awesome. Anyone on the fence about spending $70 on one don't worry, you will not be disapointed.. (I have no affiliation with TNVC what so ever)
View Quote
Perhaps but the knockoff one have is holding up just fine.

Sad about the stitching? Run it through a sewing machine a couple times. It's nylon and Velcro.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good to support those who don't innovate but just rip off designs...
View Quote
Don't charge $90 for one shipped? . That's ammo money.

Besides, considering the pricing on everything NV related in the world I'm sure TNVC is doing just fine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Besides, considering the pricing on everything NV related in the world I'm sure TNVC is doing just fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#11]
This thread pushed me over the top. Just ordered one from TNVC as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I need another helmet so I can get the second gen Mohawk. The first works well but I tend to over stuff it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 4:15:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Have one otw also, going to run it and ditch the cover. Not impressed with the agilite cover stitching busted off a bungee loop with minimal tension within 10-15 minutes of putting it on.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:37:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Have one otw also, going to run it and ditch the cover. Not impressed with the agilite cover stitching busted off a bungee loop with minimal tension within 10-15 minutes of putting it on.
View Quote
@TNVC
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Never ceases to amaze me at the attitude of some.  Rip off someone's design, buy it cheaper, who gives a shit.  Tell the vendor to fuck off because his shit is too expensive.  That's the problem with the internet; guys hide behind the key board and say shit they probably wouldn't to someone's face.  Or nowadays they'd probably say it, because there's no consequences for being an asshole anymore.  I don't know how you guys deal with the public.

Let's just take a look at what this genius is saying.  Buy a for shit copy that falls apart.  No big deal, just sew it back together.  At best, you spend down-time repairing all your crap gear (so when are you gonna shoot all that ammo, Battle?); at worst it fails you right when you need it.  So your batteries are falling off your helmet when you're trying to engage targets under NV.  No big deal.

I know this is arfcom, but what the fuck.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Never ceases to amaze me at the attitude of some.  Rip off someone's design, buy it cheaper, who gives a shit.  Tell the vendor to fuck off because his shit is too expensive.  That's the problem with the internet; guys hide behind the key board and say shit they probably wouldn't to someone's face.  Or nowadays they'd probably say it, because there's no consequences for being an asshole anymore.  I don't know how you guys deal with the public.

Let's just take a look at what this genius is saying.  Buy a for shit copy that falls apart.  No big deal, just sew it back together.  At best, you spend down-time repairing all your crap gear (so when are you gonna shoot all that ammo, Battle?); at worst it fails you right when you need it.  So your batteries are falling off your helmet when you're trying to engage targets under NV.  No big deal.

I know this is arfcom, but what the fuck.
View Quote
Do you feel better now?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#17]
When in doubt, cranberry juice ftfw
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I was the one that bought the knockoff Mohawk off amazon months ago and attached it to my helmet and within 2 days it started tearing apart. TNVC reached out to me via PM to offer me a free Mohawk, how do you give business to someone else when a company goes out of their way like that?!
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was the one that bought the knockoff Mohawk off amazon months ago and attached it to my helmet and within 2 days it started tearing apart. TNVC reached out to me via PM to offer me a free Mohawk, how do you give business to someone else when a company goes out of their way like that?!
View Quote
no shit?? WOW, thats good to hear. I would rather support a USA company that employs ex or current military than some over seas company with sweat shops...
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#20]
No I don't.  It's fucked up that some guys think it's their god-given right to motherfuck companies, based on their perceived ideas of what their profit margin should be.  You and Bernie Sanders seem to think that anybody making money must be disciplined.  This isn't some rant to vent my spleen to feel better; it's about guys that take cheap shots at vendors here, who have done more to inform the public about their products than any other vendor that I know of.  Guys like this seem to think it's their God-given right to be given all the free chicken they can eat.  If someone dares to attempt to cover this service in their over-head, they scream their tits off.

This sense of entitlement just astounds me.  Every time TNVC comes out with a new product, some ass-clown is right there to mother-fuck it and complain about the cost.  I can only think that this is an orchestrated attempt by people who hate TNVC to take another cheap shot at them.  Never mind the R&D that went into the product; never mind the effort that went into educating the public; let's just piss and moan about the retail cost of their products.

Night Vison is expensive.  Trying to support multi-thousand dollar items with cheap products is pretty fucking dumb.  Whether it's a C/W pouch, or a dual -14 mount, these things cost money for a quality product.  Chinese crap made with slave labor falls apart.  US-made stuff is expensive; it is priced at point where you can make a decent living at it.  But it works.  So which would you support.  Chinese sweat shop labor, or US manufactured goods.  That's the fundamental question here.  That, and why you would buy sub-standard stuff and just "sew it up", as opposed to a quality product that works as advertised.  What good is all that ammo, when your kit won't even stay sewn together to carry it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No I don't.  It's fucked up that some guys think it's their god-given right to motherfuck companies, based on their perceived ideas of what their profit margin should be.  You and Bernie Sanders seem to think that anybody making money must be disciplined.  This isn't some rant to vent my spleen to feel better; it's about guys that take cheap shots at vendors here, who have done more to inform the public about their products than any other vendor that I know of.  Guys like this seem to think it's their God-given right to be given all the free chicken they can eat.  If someone dares to attempt to cover this service in their over-head, they scream their tits off.

This sense of entitlement just astounds me.  Every time TNVC comes out with a new product, some ass-clown is right there to mother-fuck it and complain about the cost.  I can only think that this is an orchestrated attempt by people who hate TNVC to take another cheap shot at them.  Never mind the R&D that went into the product; never mind the effort that went into educating the public; let's just piss and moan about the retail cost of their products.

Night Vison is expensive.  Trying to support multi-thousand dollar items with cheap products is pretty fucking dumb.  Whether it's a C/W pouch, or a dual -14 mount, these things cost money for a quality product.  Chinese crap made with slave labor falls apart.  US-made stuff is expensive; it is priced at point where you can make a decent living at it.  But it works.  So which would you support.  Chinese sweat shop labor, or US manufactured goods.  That's the fundamental question here.  That, and why you would buy sub-standard stuff and just "sew it up", as opposed to a quality product that works as advertised.  What good is all that ammo, when your kit won't even stay sewn together to carry it.
View Quote
All that and you couldn't even quote me in your response? Weak. Where's NSFjojo when we need him.

The bernie jab was good though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:03:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I can’t wait to get my official genuine TNVC Mohawk MK CJ.

I didn’t even know this thread was blowing up when I ordered it today.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:38:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did they make an official version?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 3:32:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will officially start life as a TNVC Mohawk and live an amazing life with a floppy member, sometimes even in close proximity to Flippy Boies, but will later elect to remove some unwanted mass.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:25:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You buy NV equipment, and 90 bucks is something that concerns you?

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Let's really break it down, shall we.  If you want to bitch and moan about prices for goods and services.  Let's start with recording artists.  How much did you pay for that last K-Pop concert?  A bunch of singing monkeys making ridiculous money, yet no protest there.  Or how about that last sporting event you attended.  A bunch of monkeys playing a game and making an absurd amount of money.  Didn't hear anything about that.  Or the last movie you went to.  Another bunch of monkeys making lots of scratch, but no one bitches about that.  Corrupt politicians making a lot of money but nobody calls then to task for it.  Moving onto consumer goods.  How much did you pay for that new I-phone, or that new laptop?  What about your car?

But TNVC, oh hell no!  Those motherfuckers are making money hand over fist.  Something's gotta be done about that.  Call up Bernie, let's organize a protest.  Price controls on NV gear!  Punish the Robber Barons!  Power to the People!  Free Mohawks for everyone!  Que "Internationale".
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:14:54 AM EDT
[#27]

8.7/10!
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Let's really break it down, shall we.  If you want to bitch and moan about prices for goods and services.  Let's start with recording artists.  How much did you pay for that last K-Pop concert?  A bunch of singing monkeys making ridiculous money, yet no protest there.  Or how about that last sporting event you attended.  A bunch of monkeys playing a game and making an absurd amount of money.  Didn't hear anything about that.  Or the last movie you went to.  Another bunch of monkeys making lots of scratch, but no one bitches about that.  Corrupt politicians making a lot of money but nobody calls then to task for it.  Moving onto consumer goods.  How much did you pay for that new I-phone, or that new laptop?  What about your car?

But TNVC, oh hell no!  Those motherfuckers are making money hand over fist.  Something's gotta be done about that.  Call up Bernie, let's organize a protest.  Price controls on NV gear!  Punish the Robber Barons!  Power to the People!  Free Mohawks for everyone!  Que "Internationale".
View Quote

I don't care for the Mohawk myself but I totally agree with you on this Diz
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why so so salty bro

Hey if you guys are content getting played over nonsense that's your prerogative fam. Here's a thought how about you ditch all the bullshit accessory stuff and just direct attach all your crap to your lid in the first place. Problem solved!

Maybe TNVC should start pushing American made operator t shirts too. Because those sweatshop made Hanes or fruit of the loom ones just aren't up to par.

Get over yourself.  You guys are as bad as the BCM nut hugging crowd.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is awesome.   I would have sent them the off brand one to use in an advertising thread on what is wrong with cheap copycat items.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That is awesome.   I would have sent them the off brand one to use in an advertising thread on what is wrong with cheap copycat items.  
View Quote
Already made a thread and bashed the knockoff on Amazon reviews lol

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Forgive-me-TNVC/18-495791/
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Now that I've thought about it.

I think I'm going to pick up an airsoft mtek flex knockoff just to troll you guys.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#33]
LOL

Quoted:
Guys like this seem to think it's their God-given right to be given all the free chicken they can eat.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#34]
How do you feel about airsoft Team Wendy Helmets..........?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Personally I cut the hawk part off. The TNVC MO is mo better.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#36]
This would be pretty funny to see if you also stuck a ridiculously oversized helmet schlong knockoff on it. I mean it’s got to be waaaay to big, lol

Quoted:
Now that I've thought about it.

I think I'm going to pick up an airsoft mtek flex knockoff just to troll you guys.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Why so so salty bro

Hey if you guys are content getting played over nonsense that's your prerogative fam. Here's a thought how about you ditch all the bullshit accessory stuff and just direct attach all your crap to your lid in the first place. Problem solved!

Maybe TNVC should start pushing American made operator t shirts too. Because those sweatshop made Hanes or fruit of the loom ones just aren't up to par.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why so so salty bro

TNVC makes a good product. Quality isn't cheap, even if you are. Sometimes you have to nut up and spend the little extra money.

BCM makes decent shit as well, but I guess you don't like solid gear.

I've been using the mohawk for a bit, and it looks like mine was made by Spiritus Systems, and their quality is second to none. I'm very happy with it. They're one of the most ingenious designs for a counterweight, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#40]
I just want those flexible weights included with the MK1
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Haven't had hands on but my thoughts are:

1. Wish it had the option to add more weights up to 1.5lb so it could then be scaled back, my current 1lb EOG CW is not scalable, but is also not heavy enough for perfect balance.

2. It seems like a lot of folks add bungee or 550 cord to the sides to tie it down. Wish it came with the two plastic bits to put under the rear arc/chinstrap fasteners. The same ones that come with the OpsCore CW. with this a bungee or stretch tape section could be routed over or through it to make bomb roof protection to the velcro. If I buy any knock off gear it will probably be these pieces, i'd rather pay $15 to rip off an injection molded plastic bit than $50 for an entire third Ops Core CW set to make the one I want.

3. Why no love for M-81 pattern my spiritus MK3 rig is available in M-81 why be limited to only ranger green for a hawk manufactured by spiritus?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I solved your #1 issue by replacing the included weights with a 1/4 sheet of solid lead cut to size. Weight now is like buttah
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Some boys and girls we work with don't have the luxury of a sewing machine out and about.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19096/Czech_Army_SOF-930825.jpg
View Quote
i agree!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Cool story
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Cool story
View Quote
This isnt GD.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#47]
I just got my first Mohawk in the mail today.  Thing not only does the job well, but you can tell it is worth the money spent.  I am quite happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This isnt GD.
View Quote
That post wasn’t bad at all, and frankly right on point. I think you are reaching by implying this statement is inappropriate somehow.

Just my opinion which combined with $5 may or may not buy you a cup of coffee like beverage.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 4:36:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 4:48:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top