User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Still waiting for an answer on this from page 1.
View Quote
I'm sure adam Barker could shed some light.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

My question is, where did all of the money go that he absorbed from customers? If knobody was reimbursed or received product.

Please correct me if I am wrong or misspoke. I am not pointing the finger at adam Barker by any means. If adams couldnt pay for them, he gets no housings=business.
View Quote
He used them to pay for his expensive divorce that was taking place at the time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He used them to pay for his expensive divorce that was taking place at the time.
View Quote
If only there was a way to prove that
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Man what a shit show.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Any updates on this? Saw a thread on facebook that people are getting refunds by Paypal and not the company that supposedly bought Adams Industries.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#7]
The guy that was supposed to buy them backed out because of how f*cked the situation is.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Is this where I get my refund?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is this where I get my refund?
View Quote
Just where you complain about not getting it
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Has he paid any of the people back that he owes yet?  Looks like he's still doing business lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Has he paid any of the people back that he owes yet?  Looks like he's still doing business lol.
View Quote
No, but he says he is "working a couple deals through the system" so he can pay us back...... which is what he said in July when we talked on the phone as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
What a piece of shit
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Most recent update from a Facebook group. The TNVC remark is from someone who said TNVC dropped the Sentinel. I never looked to see if that was true or not.

Link Posted: 12/4/2019 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#15]
sweet. i'm internet famous.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
sweet. i'm internet famous.
View Quote
No you're not... I blacked out your name
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#17]
It’s shameful that a ton of people got shafted big amounts of money for no product and all he can say is that it was not his fault
Fucking pathetic
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Most recent update from a Facebook group. The TNVC remark is from someone who said TNVC dropped the Sentinel. I never looked to see if that was true or not.
View Quote
FWIW: I recently bought a Sentinel from TNVC, and it shipped within their lead time estimation.

The goggles are great too
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Some of you posted that you were waiting six months or more when this thread first started. Not to be a jerk but I have to ask why you didn't dispute the charge after a month? That is the only thing that saved my butt on my transaction with him on Ebay.

Visa/Mastercard and other CC transaction agreements specifically state that you cannot charge upfront for an item you will not ship within 30 days.

However if you wait too long to file a chargeback with your Credit card, you will lose your rights to do a chargeback. I want to say that time period is 45 days for most cards.
View Quote
Just to offer some correction on a few things:

eBay / Paypal policies are different and you might be viewing those timelines as similar to VISA's.

If they were given a date that extended beyond that normal timeframe - like, if it was stated it would take 3 months to ship but upfront payment was required - you can take payment. But without a time frame, I know the 30 days deal is sort of the default and there are FTC advisement on if a consumer is to be provided a refund.

The chargeback timeline for VISA is approximately 120 days from when the goods were expected to arrive. So if someone said the goods would ship within 90 days? You'd be able to file chargebacks between day 91 and day 210. In fact they won't even let you try and chargeback before that if in your documentation it shows you agreed to accept shipment on day 90 - they will say handle it with the merchant. The window for shipping a product can be even over a year - but you kind of need some sort of correspondence outlining when, exactly, you were expecting the product.

How it relates to users? If they have this in writing from Chris that their ship deadline was moved back - you are probably in the clear to file a chargeback. Every email you have that says "Oh, they should be coming in next month" resets that 120 day clock. If you ordered it, let it sit for 9 months, and he gave no updated timeline or you didn't even bother contacting him? You might be SOL for a chargeback.

If you paid through Paypal but used your credit card to make the payment, you can go straight to your card issuer even if Paypals window is expired since Paypal has to abide by VISA / Mastercard / Amex's policies.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#22]
POS. Probably could have been a millionaire selling used cars.

He will take your money until the bitter end and leave you with EVERY excuse in the book. Then comes the woe is me crap.

I dont feel bad letting anyone and everyone know about it....because when I tried to speak up about him trying to rip me off....I was all but burned at the stake for it.

His airsoft cronies still taking peoples money too. Its hard to believe Chris isnt still involved. Cole Durham sells NV online and was directly involved in my shafting, he is every bit the POS as Chris Adams. Buyer Beware!

Edit: I see what you did there BelinTX...the facebook ads are now gone that cole had up. It was up until very recently because I commented on the ad with the buyer beware and the ad was deleted shortly after.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
POS. Probably could have been a millionaire selling used cars.

He will take your money until the bitter end and leave you with EVERY excuse in the book. Then comes the woe is me crap.

I dont feel bad letting anyone and everyone know about it....because when I tried to speak up about him trying to rip me off....I was all but burned at the stake for it.

His airsoft cronies still taking peoples money too. Its hard to believe Chris isnt still involved. Cole Durham sells NV online and was directly involved in my shafting, he is every bit the POS as Chris Adams. Buyer Beware!
View Quote
Link to site still selling ?
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#24]
A lot of us paid Via money wire. So were shit outta luck.

Cole Durham did set up most deals for us. Although to this day he denies being involved with chris as of the last few months.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#25]
yeah, i bet he does. I wondered for most of this past year if he worked for Chris, because he was always helping sell Sentinels or implying "they" had some good deals going after they picked up a batch of cheap blem spec tubes or something.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Cole definitely worked for AI. Nothing in person I'm sure, just a salesman for Airsoft/Gear groups on FB. I ordered through Cole and he was just as unhelpful and dishonest as Chris when it came to all this. Interesting enough he seems to have removed his "Sales at AI" bio from his profiles and is still selling in those groups.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Cole definitely worked for AI. Nothing in person I'm sure, just a salesman for Airsoft/Gear groups on FB. I ordered through Cole and he was just as unhelpful and dishonest as Chris when it came to all this. Interesting enough he seems to have removed his "Sales at AI" bio from his profiles and is still selling in those groups.
View Quote
I don’t know why he would deny that he was working for chris in some capacity or another.  I have convos between him and me where he mentions that  Chris is his boss lol
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don’t know why he would deny that he was working for chris in some capacity or another.  I have convos between him and me where he mentions that  Chris is his boss lol
View Quote
You dont know why? Ill tell you why. Because they are damn dirty lying thieves.

I hope everyone here is spreading the word.  I guess its OK top rip people off and nothing will happen to them.....but at least no one else will send money. They damn sure will take it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 1:56:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I really hope Chris gets his shit together. I feel the same way about Aaron Fouraker. I still have a night combat solutions sticker saved somewhere. :(
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 1:59:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You dont know why? Ill tell you why. Because they are damn dirty lying thieves.

I hope everyone here is spreading the word.  I guess its OK top rip people off and nothing will happen to them.....but at least no one else will send money. They damn sure will take it.
View Quote
I guess i meant to say I don’t know how he could deny it when there’s evidence of him saying Chris was his boss
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#31]
LA County has opened an investigation.

Email [email protected] with your info about unreceived goods fron Adams.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I guess i meant to say I don’t know how he could deny it when there’s evidence of him saying Chris was his boss
View Quote
Sorry, the wording made more sense in my head.

What I meant is that cole says he has not been Involved with Chris since the pitchforks came out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What I meant is that cole says he has not been Involved with Chris since the pitchforks came out.
View Quote
Hahaha who wouldn't be?!?!
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't have any evidence, but I think he is still involved with Chris. He has been pushing NV setups on Facebook and I assume it's to help Chris sell them without being harassed by people asking for their money back. I think it's Chris trying to slowly dig himself out of the hole he has made.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#35]
For the sake of everyone he owes cash to, i hope he is able to make good on it. it sounds like ppl are escalating it to the authorities. Chris was always nice when I interacted with him. A bit aloof, but nice. I also have a very sharp, sarcastic, personality though and he is very California.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A lot of us paid Via money wire. So were shit outta luck.

Cole Durham did set up most deals for us. Although to this day he denies being involved with chris as of the last few months.
View Quote
I would hate to be the subject of federal wire fraud charges
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
He told me Chris was his boss too. Is he denying that he ever worked for Chris? Or saying that he doesn't work with him since this blew up?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#38]
no denying.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Not denying he ever worked for him.

Currently says he does not work for chris after AI went sideways... or atleast up until it completely tanked.

The thing is, people were STILL being sold(not receiving) products, even though other guys have been waiting months.

Yes knobody was saying anything until the post was made on facebook about how they have been waiting 6 months already. Then everybody' who had just purchased, "oh shit" response came on.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I am currently affected by the LAMNETH tube ordeal.  And now I am reading/learning about this!  I can feel your pain brothers. I sure hope everyone is made hole again.  And really hate to hear about this.  I am beginning to think this whole industry is turning in to nothing but a complete "shit fest" and it's every company/man for himself.  Bunch of thumb sucking finger pointing going on.  And we are better than them and so on and on.  Facebook this and that.
People getting ripped off left and right.  There has got to be some serious with-in industry issues going on.  I was about to help another man purchase two PVS-27's.  He was gonna purchase and give me a new warrantied one and then one for himself.  After my current ordeal and now this.....F$$$K that... Ain't no way.. I'm gonna put that on hold, I ain't about to put 28,000.00 on his credit card with the turbulence going on right now in this industry.

Is there anyone out there than can truly be trusted?  WHO IS GONNA BE THE NEXT GROUP TO GO DOWN and GOD forbid take their CUSTOMERS WITH THEM?  
FLIR quit their public sales, Night Combat Solutions ordeal, and now Adams Industries(theft?).  
SHEESE dun loss count!

I can vouch for only four companies that held up their end with me.  TNVC, Third Coast Thermal, B&H Photo, and NITEVIS,  I wanted items, they said they had them, I sent money, they shipped items.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top