Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2019 7:54:50 AM EDT
I used to own a CQBL-1, one of the great things I liked about it was the fact that the IR laser was inline with the bore, so no parallel offset zeroing business was needed.

These are the only ones I know of.

CQBL-1
ITAL/ITAL-C (discontinued)
Night Optics Night Chase
LaserMax Uni-Max
Crimson Trace CMR-201 IR
Coming soon, sort of, the Brolis 3 (from the photos, they don't seem to be exactly inline with the bore, but very close).
streamlight Tlr2-ir and irw
Surefire X400V
Holosun LS117

Any others?
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think the ITAL (Steiner) is made any more is it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
IDK, we always just adjusted our lasers to match the offset (laser parallel to the bore) and just trained for it. Wanna hit COM? aim a inch or so left and high. It was mad easier than adjusting for range (not that it's hard).

eta- guess that is parallel offset zeroing.

It's really no different than zeroing the inline one you pictured, or learning how to shoot close range with sight stand offs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:12:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Discontinued around 3 years ago.
View Quote
Thats what I was thinking. Damn shame really I'd love an ITAL priced around what the OTALs are.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#5]
The streamlight Tlr2-ir and irw
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:30:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all, updated the list.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Surefire X400V

ETA: theres gotta be a Streamlight and PERST models, right?
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Offset zero doesn't matter.

You still have to hold off a bit at close ranges and at 50 yards plus, the bloom and your group will be larger than the offset.

I've shot out to 400 yards with 100y cowitnessed IR with no difficulty.

Change my mind.
Help me understand why it's a big deal?
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You still have to hold off a bit at close ranges and at 50 yards plus, the bloom and your group will be larger than the offset.

Change my mind.
View Quote
Mostly OCD. I realize most lasers are around 2-3 MOA wide anyway and head mounted IIT aren't going to get PID at any range where it matters.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Change my mind.
View Quote
I'm a huge huge fan of the KISS principle. No doubt offset isnt that big of a deal but I like making my life as simple as possible....One less thing to hold over off remember fiddle fuck with during sight in surely does fit that bill.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Holosun LS117 is in line - runs off Insight pressure switches and is basically just the old Steiner ITAL in almost every functional way.

If you are hell bent on having one in line, thats your boy.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Holosun LS117 is in line - runs off Insight pressure switches and is basically just the old Steiner ITAL in almost every functional way.

If you are hell bent on having one in line, thats your boy.
View Quote
When did Holosun start taking Insight remotes? That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mostly OCD. I realize most lasers are around 2-3 MOA wide anyway and head mounted IIT aren't going to get PID at any range where it matters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Change my mind.
You will pretty much never find an AR rail mounted laser, offset to the side or not, where the adjustment setting that gets you closest to a perfect parallel zero differs from the setting that is the best achievable convergent alignment w/ a red dot (meaning as far out as you can manage to see the pointer - hundreds of yards).

One click up, down, left, or right and you are going to be off more than the difference between the two.   And it will be obvious, if your NV has enough clarity to show it and your eyesight is good.

You can see this at even longer distances at night with the naked eye and a coaligned visible laser - like at a mile plus out, however far you can see the laser.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 1:10:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any experience with the Night Optics Night Chase? Interesting option if its good to go.

What's the Brolis 3? Is it another one of those Russian units?
View Quote
The Brolis M3 is the new LAM they designed in conjunction with HK: https://www.brolis-photonics.com/brolis-m3-aiming-laser-en It looks promising.

I admit the the Night Chase is interesting as an affordable LAM that is inline with the bore. One does wonder about the quality of the unit's illuminator and overall construction at that price point. Another question would be just how useful its activation method is. Both for the buttons being located on the sides (which don't line up well with a c-clamp grip) and being binary on/off for simultaneous laser AND illuminator activation (with no apparent option for just one or the other, plus seemingly no momentary activation). Finally, there doesn't seem to be a provision for an external switch.

All of this is a good topic brought up by the OP.  Though I've adjusted to the offset of the MAWL and DBALs that I've used, it does feel like it would be easier only having to worry about a vertical offset with a bore-inline LAM.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When did Holosun start taking Insight remotes? That's pretty cool.
View Quote
I don't know exactly when, but for awhile now they have been rocking Insight plugs. Have one right now running an SF Dual Switch just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top