Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2019 9:58:24 AM EDT
I have an opportunity to pick up one of these for a decent price.  While info abounds on the newer TACS-M, I can't find shit on the TACS.

Use would be frivolous, i.e., no real "need".

IF anyone knows the timeframe that they were offered, any relevant info, good or bad, I would appreciate it!
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#1]
You can go dig through ebay feedback for the Tacs-M seller for when they were selling the original TACS.  I think it's Texas first products or something like that.  Dig down through the feedback looking at the product purchased.  If I remember right, they were blowing those original tacs out at $1,900 OBO.  So its safe to assume they  were selling for less than that.

All i ever heard was that the originals were much heavier and bulkier than the Tacs-m or PAS 29.

Original Tacs

I should add that I looked at buying an original Tacs at one point so I called Nivisys to ask about it and if they could service it if something went wrong.  Guy told me they don't have any spare parts for them and don't support them any more.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
First products and Nivisys are the same company, both share the same address in Texas.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First products and Nivisys are the same company, both share the same address in Texas.
View Quote
Exactly.  I went back and it looks like there's three that have feedback where they sold that first version for Best offer, so less than the listed $1,900.  When I called, I asked the guy what he thought the value of the the old, original TACS might be and he said under $1,000.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys!!  I will start looking for something else.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks guys!!  I will start looking for something else.
View Quote
PM'd you on info on a TACS-M
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#6]
They were made by optics 1 out of California..

Ive had two of them crap out on me.. Neither could be fixed. They are awesome when they work.  I may a point of not trash talking products on here but I will tell you both that I bought went Tango Uniform in under 12mo. Luckily one company helped me, the other said sorry.

Nivisys down in south Texas is a GREAT company. When no one would help me they gave me a great deal on another thermal which my daughter shoots now days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top