Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2019 9:14:32 PM EDT
Ok, now I need protective caps for the PVS-14's. I am wondering what everyone is using for the objective lens and the eyepiece. I am interested in the Butler Creek flip up caps is anyone has some insight. What would be a decent eyepiece cap?
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
butler creek is size 09a.  Needs a single layer of electrical tape to snug it up
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a standard daylight cover for the objective and a Caplugs 1 5/8" eyepiece cover. Both of which fit perfect. The caplug also works with an eyecup ring installed which is a bonus.

Once in a while I install a sac lense cover over objective when using the device. I'm kind of hard on shit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a standard daylight cover for the objective and a Caplugs 1 5/8" eyepiece cover. Both of which fit perfect. The caplug also works with an eyecup ring installed which is a bonus.

Once in a while I install a sac lense cover over objective when using the device. I'm kind of hard on shit.
View Quote
Spoke with a buddy yesterday and decided to run just a LIF and a sacrificial lens over that. Would you happen to have a link for the Caplugs?
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Consider also a 720nm, 30mm screw in camera filter. It will thread onto a PVS-14 objective lens and act as a sacrificial lens and provide some bright light protection.  Cheaper than a LIF and does the same thing.

The nice thing about the screw in lens is you can still use a 3x mag with the friction mount with it installed.

I personally use the camera filter and a butler creek flip cap with a small hole for close focus.  The 3x won’t fit on with the BC in place but I’ve found myself wearing the 3x on a lanyard and just folding it in place momentarily to look at something.  It’s too heavy to mount on there for long.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Spoke with a buddy yesterday and decided to run just a LIF and a sacrificial lens over that. Would you happen to have a link for the Caplugs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@wjoutlaw as a matter of fact I do. Got mine from this ad

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS---Wilcox-L4-G70-mounting-system-Protective-Eyepiece-cap-for-PVS-14-and-ANVIS/172-1533861/
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@wjoutlaw as a matter of fact I do. Got mine from this ad

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS---Wilcox-L4-G70-mounting-system-Protective-Eyepiece-cap-for-PVS-14-and-ANVIS/172-1533861/
Thanks! I picked up a couple.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:41:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
butler creek is size 09a.  Needs a single layer of electrical tape to snug it up
View Quote
Size 07 fits without any need for tape
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top