Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2019 10:20:23 PM EDT
On paper this thing makes a pretty nifty all-in-one package (minus a visible laser) for rifles. Especially if you add the long gun kit. Yet I don’t hear anybody talk about them very often. Is it that much inferior to stuff units like the various lower end DBALs or OTALs that are usually paired with a weapon light?
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
On paper this thing makes a pretty nifty all-in-one package (minus a visible laser) for rifles. Especially if you add the long gun kit. Yet I don’t hear anybody talk about them very often. Is it that much inferior to stuff units like the various lower end DBALs or OTALs that are usually paired with a weapon light?
View Quote

I've mounted one to a M4gery it worked ok, but the lack of positive clicks for the adjustments and zero retention made me opt for a true rifle LAM. I do have one mounted on my backpack/camping rig a Ruger PC carbine with a Aimpoint Comp M4 and for what it is it should do fine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC there was some discussion about the distance from the bore would magnify a converging/diverging zero at rifle distances.  If that appeared to be posing a problem you could try an offset zero.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Surefire X400V kit you mention. It's an excellent quality unit but I use it only on my Glock. Mounting on a rifle may be tricky. Maybe on the top rail where a front BUIS would go. The IR laser will be quite off from the bore and the IR laser hanging out on the far end of the rifle will get banged around and I think it's too delicate for that. One good hit on the little lever that you select light, laser, both will probably break off.

I use an OTAL-C on my night rifle along with a Surefire 600V or V1 light.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I love my Surefire X400V IRC light/ laser combo's. I have 3 of them and need 4 more. I don't think it would be a good match on a rifle due to the controls and type of light that it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top