Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2019 8:52:57 PM EDT
Posted in the last week or so. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

I can’t find it now...
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
For thermal? Which one?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For thermal? Which one?
View Quote
The thread or post was about a Triji or FLIR. I have an Armasight Zeus and I’m getting a custom USB cable made.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Only threads I ever noticed discussed the UNV battery packs. Here is one from last year.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Best-cold-weather-rechargeable-add-on-battery-for-Trijicon-Hunter-MK-Thermal-Scope-/18-486221/
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I know what thread you are talking about but I can't find it. I will save you some trouble. This is what I got out of reading it.

You can buy a battery pack from one of the NV shops that help out a lot here. They usually have a pouch or something to put it in and they will charge you the typical night vision tax for it. Or you can get something like this:  Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Candy bar-Sized Ultra Compact Portable Charger

These are the same packs they put in their pouches or adapters. They will just charge a lot more for it than the $19 I paid on Amazon. If your NV/IR has a standard usb (micro or "C") plug going into it then these portable chargers work like a charm. I used the one listed above for my FLIR 233 and my ATN thor. It worked perfectly even with the batteries completely removed from the housing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#5]
So for Trijicon, they have an IR-X battery kit and it is well worth the money. Gives it about 8-10 hrs runtime. And then for Flir, I came up with an idea to put an Anker battery in a 30mm qd mount that you clamp on to any PTS233, 536, or 736. Gives it about 9-11 hours run time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Y’all forgive lilmac. He didn’t think to mention he’s got one of the Zeus flagship scopes. He’s looking for the older style 7pin(I think) connectors
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Y’all forgive lilmac. He didn’t think to mention he’s got one of the Zeus flagship scopes. He’s looking for the older style 7pin(I think) connectors
View Quote
Someone is making a custom cable for me. I wanted the info on what battery to use...
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Anker brand packs have been 100% gtg for me. They make different shapes and sizes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Someone is making a custom cable for me. I wanted the info on what battery to use...
View Quote
Depending on what the custom cable is, I would get these two things

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CU1EC6Y?psc=1&;ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019GXKQSW?psc=1&;ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CU1EC6Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019GXKQSW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image
Gracias
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#11]
As this is an extended battery thread.  Anyone else using the new TNVC Flir pack?  There is a bungee on one end of the battery.  Under recoil the battery shifts against the bungee and disconnects from the cable.  Gonna play with it some more but it cost me some hogs last night.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I sent UNV two emails in December about there kit for the their IR hunter and all I hear back was ................Crickets.  Finally I decided to buy more 123 batteries.

Let me know if you find a good alternative,
Jeff
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I sent UNV two emails in December about there kit for the their IR hunter and all I hear back was ................Crickets.  Finally I decided to buy more 123 batteries.

Jeff
View Quote
https://www.nightvisionoutfitters.com/products/ir-x-rechargeable-battery-kit

This is what you want. Worth every damn penny.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Jeff
View Quote
I went to their website Wednesday and ordered one for my REAP which arrived yesterday. Seems like a reasonable setup and for hunting I think it should be GTG. I've been out 2-3 times a week hunting for months now and am about sick to death of changing batteries 3 or 4 times a night. I can't think of a worse design than the Trij battery cap
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We have our new Triji battery conversions coming next month we showed at Shot.
View Quote
Interested in this. Where can we get info on it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Since the Cat is out of the bag, can you show a few pics and tell us a little bit more?

I've always had good service from you guys.

Thanks,
Jeff
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Since the Cat is out of the bag, can you show a few pics and tell us a little bit more?

I've always had good service from you guys.

Thanks,
Jeff
View Quote
@HarperJt 3:55 in.

Tactical Night Vision Company PVS-14/PBM, SAS-E, LPMR-MK2, RNVG - SHOT Show 2019
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CU1EC6Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019GXKQSW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image
Fricken screws are too short. Battery won’t fit. Have to make a run to Home Depot tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Happy to say the UNV is working out well. I've had it out a number of times recently and it's kept the REAP powered up for 5-7 hours a night without losing power. The battery takes forever to charge but no biggie, I have a spare battery that came with my Breach

The pouch is tight for the battery which lets you snug the excess cable into it. Haven't had an issue with them moving or coming loose. It also uses MALICE clips so while it will flop a bit on the rail mine hasn't gotten in the way and holds on just fine. For me mounting up by the magwell doesn't interfere with my grip or using a shooting stick when hunting, doesn't change the balance of the rifle and generally hasn't even been noticeable

Link Posted: 2/10/2019 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Fricken screws are too short. Battery won't fit. Have to make a run to Home Depot tomorrow.
View Quote
It's going to be a tight fit for sure. I used the screws that came with it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fricken screws are too short. Battery won't fit. Have to make a run to Home Depot tomorrow.
I couldn’t get it to work with the included screws, but Two 18mm screws did the trick. I’m still trying to figure out how I want to set it up, as too much tension on the cord causes some issues with the image. Also, being left handed, if I want to adjust to focus, this set up gets in the way a little. Still, for HOURS of battery life for a total cost way WAY under $100? AWESOME!
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Being a lefty, probably best to have a 3D printed vertical mount. This will not get in the way of front focus ring or the eyepiece focus ring.

I haven’t seen a picatinny mount with a bore side to side, everything is inline, so making one or printing one looks like the only options.

If you need one printed let me know the O.D. of the battery pack and depth you want.

Thingiverse has some picatinny battery mount designs but all are inline.
Making a vertical shouldn’t be any problem.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Very kind of you, Hard_Ware. I might eventually take you up on it. I’m going to keep it this way for the minute though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top