Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2019 8:34:39 AM EDT
Looks like they are just releasing this at Shot. Sentinels that can rotate up.

Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Now offer it housing only for $1000 and call it a day. Market cornered, lol.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now offer it housing only for $1000 and call it a day. Market cornered, lol.
View Quote
Or less:)
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
In for details. Looks like they have true IP adjustment and you always rotate them back down to the same stop point of flattening the bridge. Genius. Could possibly replace my dtnvgs one day.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a WP sentinel already but i would upgrade to this housing if they make that option available.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I definitely see some pros and cons to this. As with any system i suppose. The major benefit I see here is that they snap right back to where they should every time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The hinge point look like the weak point of the system. Funny how the industry is now leaning towards articulating bodies and manual gain housing. I wonder how many naysayers that run fixed Sentinels that said they never found these features useful will not jump on the bandwagon and now will preach these as "word of God" to the minions LOL.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The hinge point look like the weak point of the system. Funny how the industry is now leaning towards articulating bodies and manual gain housing. I wonder how many naysayers that run fixed Sentinels that said they never found these features useful will not jump on the bandwagon and now will preach these as "word of God" to the minions LOL.
View Quote
That’s what I was thinking, looks like a weak point and kind of like they were modified to do this purpose rather than built from the ground up as a hindged goggles. I could be wrong and It’s just my opinion but seems like they could of designed something better but decided to revise it to get sales over the RNVG.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That’s what I was thinking, looks like a weak point and kind of like they were modified to do this purpose rather than built from the ground up as a hindged goggles. I could be wrong and It’s just my opinion but seems like they could of designed something better but decided to revise it to get sales over the RNVG.
View Quote
Even if they where cheaper than the RNVG I'd still pass due the hinge design. Unless it's made of 6065-T6/ 7075 aluminum or some other metal/alloy I'd look at different options such as the RNVGs, BNVD, DTNVG etc.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Even if they where cheaper than the RNVG I'd still pass due the hinge design. Unless it's made of 6065-T6/ 7075 aluminum or some other metal/alloy I'd look at different options such as the RNVGs, BNVD, DTNVG etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m willing to bet they are plenty strong still but any hindged design I’m weary of as I’m pretty hard on equipment. This is why I went with RNVG for my first duals. I had considered most of the BNVD hinged designs when buying. That said if I could get pvs31 for decent price with some changed features I’d be interested but I digress...
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I’m willing to bet they are plenty strong still but any hindged design I’m weary of as I’m pretty hard on equipment. This is why I went with RNVG for my first duals. I had considered most of the BNVD hinged designs when buying. That said if I could get pvs31 for decent price with some changed features I’d be interested but I digress...
View Quote
You're more than likely right, Adams Industries designs and manufactures awesome products. PVS31 are way out of my budget, but hopefully PVS15 which is on my wish list will come down in price.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I played with those last week and 2 things stuck in my mind....

1. The hinge was literally just cobbled together, I am sure they will improve for the production unit but they were just floppy.

2. The units did not flip back far at all, in fact the whole unit just seemed like a sentinel cut in half then bolted back together, not a purpose built design.

So far it is interesting but if I wanted a flip back pair of binos this would be at the bottom of my list.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Can’t comment on the other bnvd’s but the current style Night Vision Devices bnvd they stay where you put them. You’d have to bump them in order for them to move. The hinge is solid

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#16]
my comment may have sounded a bit harsh, so I wanted to clarify that I realize these are the first prototype and I am sure the final production model will be quite nice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Review from the Firearm Blog HERE

Looks like TSA confiscated the pins that allow them to fold, so they had to get pins from Home Depot lol.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Great to hear their hinges will be made of titanium. I wonder what the housings alone will cost?
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah titanium hinges changes things. This could be a really good housing... that is if the price is right.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Any more news on these?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw Chris talking about them & said the final product would rotate up more. They are aware that the IR and Power on each side of the bridge are in the way when rotated up.

Then I saw someone else saying they might be released in March (I believe). Doesn't seem like enough time to finalize it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I am glad this exists. One day I too, will floppy boi.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Then I saw someone else saying they might be released in March (I believe). Doesn't seem like enough time to finalize it.
View Quote
As with anything night vision, take the date they quote and add 6 months to a year for a reliable estimate
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Anything??
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anything??
View Quote
Nothing yet. I'm guessing it will be a while until the final product is released.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top