Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I also want another. wish they made them in tan. might hold out for one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Just paint over the cancer causing Russian death beam paint lol
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Perst 3 repair

10/10
Tracking received for return shipping
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Whelp, I had an issue with my Perst3 during my first night class. It stopped functioning normally and would only give a 4Hz strobe. When I replaced the battery (thinking maybe it was a low battery warning) the vis laser came on and wouldn't turn off, even with the switch in the "off" position. I shot an email to Ivan tonight so we'll see how this goes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Whelp, I had an issue with my Perst3 during my first night class. It stopped functioning normally and would only give a 4Hz strobe. When I replaced the battery (thinking maybe it was a low battery warning) the vis laser came on and wouldn't turn off, even with the switch in the "off" position. I shot an email to Ivan tonight so we'll see how this goes.
View Quote

This wouldn't have fixed it totally, but were you running the pressure pad, and if so, did you disconnect it, and try to use just the on-board buttons?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's a 36/300 zero with a standard rear BUS (or adjustable with a rear sight with elevation adustment). I'm still playing with the overall width; obviously you want it narrow but it needs to be durable.
It's milled from 7075 with no anodize coating, but the final version will be anodized. The thumb screws will be replaced because there is a thread relief cut that makes the BUS have an unacceptable amount of play. One screw is a 4 way locator while the other is a 2 way locator.
https://i.ibb.co/8DKX8Fz/perst3bus2.jpg
View Quote

I will take one when you get it worked out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I know it's not a Perst-3 but anyways... I got a Perst 4 and noticed that the spill when using IR is little wierd. When you crank up the power, there are some artifacts that appear (like the spill on a flashlight) pretty far away from the laser. Maybe it's some imperfections on the glass lens? Do you guys have the same performance with your lasers? The laser itself seems fine and the dot on what I'm aiming at seems pretty uniform.

It's not a deal breaker and I have another Perst 4 enroute since they are pretty awesome overall.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got a Perst 4 and noticed that the spill when using IR is little wierd. When you crank up the power, there are some artifacts that appear (like the spill on a flashlight) pretty far away from the laser. Maybe it's some imperfections on the glass lens? Do you guys have the same performance with your lasers? The laser itself seems fine and the dot on what I'm aiming at seems pretty uniform.

View Quote

Yup - really noticeable indoors - outdoors, not really noticeable past about 10-15 yards on my 3. No idea what causes it - Power? Russian'ness?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup - really noticeable indoors - outdoors, not really noticeable past about 10-15 yards on my 3. No idea what causes it - Power? Russian'ness?
View Quote
mostly that. dirty russian lasers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
mostly that. dirty russian lasers.
View Quote

Exactly, would you expect any less?

Some have more artifacts than others but I haven't seen any that present an issue.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Exactly, would you expect any less?

Some have more artifacts than others but I haven't seen any that present an issue.
View Quote

Thanks guys. Mine works great aside from that small concern. Wanted to make sure that wasn't indicative of a bigger problem.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know it's not a Perst-3 but anyways... I got a Perst 4 and noticed that the spill when using IR is little wierd. When you crank up the power, there are some artifacts that appear (like the spill on a flashlight) pretty far away from the laser. Maybe it's some imperfections on the glass lens? Do you guys have the same performance with your lasers? The laser itself seems fine and the dot on what I'm aiming at seems pretty uniform.

It's not a deal breaker and I have another Perst 4 enroute since they are pretty awesome overall.
View Quote

It seems to me that the glass lens isn't totally sealed up against the unit and it looks like some dust can get inside the laser module cavity. Putting some gasket maker or any other RTV around the inside edge of the metal ring could help alleviate any further ingress of debris.

On another note, does anyone know the pinout for the PERST-3 or PERST-4 receptacles? I.E. what is pinned to these in the image?

Trying to modify a Surefire switch for someone who wants my old SR07-D-IT with a new SA6 plug (not cannibalizing the wiring from a Zenitco switch) however I only definitively know the pinout for my PERST-4M. If anyone can jumper their pins on theirs and figure out what activates the laser, that would be helpful. From what I remember from my PERST-4+, the switch can be all of momentary, constant on, or strobe and is just determined by how long the switch is actuated.
In case anyone is wondering, for the pinout for a switch for the PERST-4M is as follows:

• Pins 1+2 = Momentary

• Pins 1+3 = Constant On

I pinned mine to the latter since brightness adjustment is tied to the constant on in the case of the PERST-4M/P.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It seems to me that the glass lens isn't totally sealed up against the unit and it looks like some dust can get inside the laser module cavity. Putting some gasket maker or any other RTV around the inside edge of the metal ring could help alleviate any further ingress of debris.

On another note, does anyone know the pinout for the PERST-3 or PERST-4 receptacles? I.E. what is pinned to these in the image?

Trying to modify a Surefire switch for someone who wants my old SR07-D-IT with a new SA6 plug (not cannibalizing the wiring from a Zenitco switch) however I only definitively know the pinout for my PERST-4M. If anyone can jumper their pins on theirs and figure out what activates the laser, that would be helpful. From what I remember from my PERST-4+, the switch can be all of momentary, constant on, or strobe and is just determined by how long the switch is actuated.
In case anyone is wondering, for the pinout for a switch for the PERST-4M is as follows:

• Pins 1+2 = Constant On

• Pins 1+3 = Momentary

I pinned mine to the former since brightness adjustment is tied to the constant on in the case of the PERST-4M/P.
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlNbfEZTFj0
I've had this video saved for a few weeks. hopefully that helps
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, I had seen that video from page 50; the unfortunate part is that the author (and the authors of other splice videos) never did a continuity check on the donor SA6 plug to check which pins were connected to which wire. Polarity doesn't matter since it's just completing a circuit, but I need to figure out what pair of pins to short together. I'm using new SA6 connectors that I ordered from Alibaba.

The easiest way to determine that is to have any of the PERST-3 and PERST-4 (other than P/M since I already figured that out for my own unit) owner use a short piece of wire to jumper pairs of pins together to see what actuates the laser(s).

If I can get that knowledge, I think I'd be comfortable in offering switch conversion mods to a larger audience of PERST owners.

Here's a couple pics of my own Hotbutton conversion.

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Another buddy converted to this madness!

He ordered a P3 on 9/26 from ebay and received it today 10/17.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 6:59:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

??? just paint it :)
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 7:01:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

??? just paint it :)
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Righty-O!

I use Duracoat "Magpul Tan".  All things considered, probably the best coating to use, IMHO.

On the splash-back, yes, it will score the diffuser cover (and laser pointer cover as well, if installed).  They definitely need to be taped up (for training) since the lens covers are just plastic.  If you had to use it un-suppressed, and damage it, Ivan and Zenitco are pretty good about sending replacement parts.  And shipping is definitely improving.

I am in for a batt cover/ FS post.  Would you be willing to look at different heights for passive shooting set ups?  Something in the 2.25" range.

And if you guys get the wiring sorted out, definitely in for a new tape switch and/or possibly a Hot button with Sino-Russian style connector.

The dust thing inside the housing sounds interesting.  Do you think that contributes to the artifact issue?  Are these things sealed and nitro-purged?  If not how a big a deal would it be to crack them open, blow them out, and re-seal (with new lenses if possible).  Can you say warranty voided in Russian?            

Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#21]
^^^^ Rust-oleum is your friend

I tend to use a mesh gauze and hit every thing with three colours (forest green, army green and khaki - different proportions for different occasions) and some stripes...........looks messy, chuck it in a bush and you'll struggle to find it

Note: don't forget to use masking tape where required - once hit the objective of a DR 1x4....ssshhhhh

https://www.rustoleum.com.au/product-catalog/consumer-brands/specialty/camouflage-spray/
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone order anything from Russian-Thunder recently? I ordered from Ivan and Russian thunder the same day. The stuff from Ivan Tac should be here tomorrow but the Russian Thunder order hasn't even shipped. Tried emailing and haven't gotten anything.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 5:02:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Update from BPT for those waiting on lasers:

"I have worked it out with zenitco to get a duplicate shipment sent. it went out on the 20th, this is its latest update:

September 30, 2020, 10:13 pm
Processed Through Facility
MOSKVA PCI-8 EMS, RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Your item has been processed through a facility in MOSKVA PCI-8 EMS, RUSSIAN FEDERATION on September 30, 2020 at 10:13 pm.

give me about 14-21 days to see if this package will arrive in a timely manner."

Sounds like he has 2x shipments on the way - the one that has been missing since July and this new one. Hopefully one or the other will show up soon.
View Quote

Is there any update on this particular shipment?
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#24]
If I recall, a few(!) pages back, Russian Thunder didn't have a very good customer service rep.  Ivan is GTG.

Nothing on the BPT deal yet.  Probably a customs issue.  

Good lord just finished 85 pages of the Sionyx thread.  They are (and should) be interested in Perst Lasers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:  

Good lord just finished 85 pages of the Sionyx thread.  They are (and should) be interested in Perst Lasers.
View Quote

The PERST-3 Illuminator is almost too powerful for the Aurora Pro. I don't know how much oscillation exists with laser diodes (I know LEDS fluctuate like crazy) but being able to grab everything up to 1100nm, I would like 1 or 2 clicks *lower* power on it. I played with it a lot a few nights ago - it's good at 50 yards, fully widened (screwed in) on lowest power. Closer than that, best results were with the diffuser cap on and cranked up to MAX power.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If I recall, a few(!) pages back, Russian Thunder didn't have a very good customer service rep.  Ivan is GTG.

View Quote

Zenitco on Ebay is good to go as well.

I got mine in a little over 2 weeks and I think it was the same for others as well.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I got mine in a little over 2 weeks and I think it was the same for others as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad some of you guys are getting fast shipping. I ordered almost a month ago from Ivan Tactical and it is still in Russia. Released from customs over 2 weeks ago and no movement since.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm glad some of you guys are getting fast shipping. I ordered almost a month ago from Ivan Tactical and it is still in Russia. Released from customs over 2 weeks ago and no movement since.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda off topic but I was wondering if rails and other non laser accessories even go through customs the same as lasers? My rails never showed any customs out or in like my perst did.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same boat man.  Been sitting in Moscow since Sept. 25
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quick question about a Perst 4.

While using the IR laser on the low power settings, when I first activate the laser, it seems to brightly flash on a higher setting for a split second and then continue to illuminate at whatever setting I have the unit set on. From my research so far, it seems that this is normal behavior. It doesn't seem to be going to light saber intensity but it's definitely brighter than the what I have selected.

My concern though is that it's temporarily going to a non-eye safe intensity.

Thanks in advance for the input.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quick question about a Perst 4.

While using the IR laser on the low power settings, when I first activate the laser, it seems to brightly flash on a higher setting for a split second and then continue to illuminate at whatever setting I have the unit set on. From my research so far, it seems that this is normal behavior. It doesn't seem to be going to light saber intensity but it's definitely brighter than the what I have selected.

Thanks in advance for the input.
View Quote

Mine all do that. A really quick flash.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I, personally, always assume my zenitco products are not eye safe.  That loosely translated manual that says 'eye-safe' doesn't imbue me with confidence that their laser will not blind me or my dog.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#34]
well the laser is on a gun. dont point guns at things you dont want to destroy. only real issue is reflective surfaces you do want to destroy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
well the laser is on a gun. dont point guns at things you dont want to destroy. only real issue is reflective surfaces you do want to destroy.
View Quote

Well..... unless there's a blue bolt in my gun.

But anyways, sounds like there's no hard data that we can trust out there saying this is eye safe. I'll refrain from force on force with it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Is there any update on this particular shipment?
View Quote

I am over 90 days, still waiting.  Was going to cancel until I heard that he had another shipment.  I am about done waiting.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Got an email from BPT today and he said that his order is still not in the US.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Got an email from BPT today and he said that his order is still not in the US.
View Quote

Damn... I might just order one on eBay and see how it goes. I feel for the guy but I need something before my NODs arrive
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes, I had seen that video from page 50; the unfortunate part is that the author (and the authors of other splice videos) never did a continuity check on the donor SA6 plug to check which pins were connected to which wire. Polarity doesn't matter since it's just completing a circuit, but I need to figure out what pair of pins to short together. I'm using new SA6 connectors that I ordered from Alibaba.

The easiest way to determine that is to have any of the PERST-3 and PERST-4 (other than P/M since I already figured that out for my own unit) owner use a short piece of wire to jumper pairs of pins together to see what actuates the laser(s).

If I can get that knowledge, I think I'd be comfortable in offering switch conversion mods to a larger audience of PERST owners.

https://i.imgur.com/D0kCP8U.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/l8GrYAa.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/D0kCP8U.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/l8GrYAa.jpg

@Scytheras
Tell us about your sling.

In particular who makes the hardware?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Perst-4 owner here and wanted to share my light solution. I mounted the Streamlight RM2 on a Magpul cantilever mlok light mount on a MI Combat rail with fractions of a mm clearance.  A sweep of the thumb to activate the light or laser.
Hmm, image posting issue. gotta use your imagination I guess.

Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm considering opening a dispute with my CC company before it's too late.  We are almost at 60 days since I purchased it from Ivan -- it's been sitting in Russian customs for 45 days.

No fault on Ivan's part, but damn, not sure if it's lost or not.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm considering opening a dispute with my CC company before it's too late.  We are almost at 60 days since I purchased it from Ivan -- it's been sitting in Russian customs for 45 days.

No fault on Ivan's part, but damn, not sure if it's lost or not.
View Quote

Damn that sucks man. Is it still in customs? Mine was handed over to customs at 03:09 one morning and cleared customs at 03:10 same morning. Then stayed in that status for six days. Then updated to processed through a facility in MOSKVA PCI 7, RUSSIAN FEDERATION where it has remained for over three weeks.

I contacted Ivan about it and he assured me that it was not lost. He said Russian post office has never lost one of their packages. Says it is because of covid. They used to ship on passenger aircraft , but now only cargo aircraft.

But 45 days in customs can't be good.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Damn that sucks man. Is it still in customs? Mine was handed over to customs at 03:09 one morning and cleared customs at 03:10 same morning. Then stayed in that status for six days. Then updated to processed through a facility in MOSKVA PCI 7, RUSSIAN FEDERATION where it has remained for over three weeks.

I contacted Ivan about it and he assured me that it was not lost. He said Russian post office has never lost one of their packages. Says it is because of covid. They used to ship on passenger aircraft , but now only cargo aircraft.

View Quote

That's what I'm thinking, it can't be a good sign.

I feel like a jerk opening a dispute, but I have to protect myself just in case.  If I recieve it before the dispute is solved, then I will close the dispute.  It's really all I can do at this point.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't blame you. Hopefully I don't have to go that route. If you would, keep us updated.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#45]
MOSKVA PCI 7, RUSSIAN FEDERATION is where my Perst-4 currently is.
Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fingers crossed.
View Quote

How long has it been there?
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 12:32:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fingers crossed.

About 4 days now.
It took 5 days to get there from MOSKVA PCI-8 EMS.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

@Scytheras
Tell us about your sling.

In particular who makes the hardware?

Thanks.
View Quote

It's an Edgar Sherman Design (ESD) sling. Front sling loop is the Strike Industries Quick Detach Sling Loop. Essentially it is a slightly modified Magpul QDM; I bought it because the latter is basically unobtanium in the past few months.

QD loop on the rear is a standard one from Damage Industries.

Also, for those modding their switches: I worked in conjunction with another redditor to find out that on regular PERST-4 units, the remote switch is connected to pins 1+2 for both momentary and constant-on.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's an Edgar Sherman Design (ESD) sling. Front sling loop is the Strike Industries Quick Detach Sling Loop. Essentially it is a slightly modified Magpul QDM; I bought it because the latter is basically unobtanium in the past few months.

QD loop on the rear is a standard one from Damage Industries.

Also, for those modding their switches: I worked in conjunction with another redditor to find out that on regular PERST-4 units, the remote switch is connected to pins 1+2 for both momentary and constant-on.
View Quote

ESD slings have quickly become my favorite (by far) and they found their way onto all my rifles :)
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I feel like a jerk opening a dispute, but I have to protect myself just in case.  If I recieve it before the dispute is solved, then I will close the dispute.  It's really all I can do at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try emailing Ivan and see if he’ll get another moving for you. That’s what he did for me when my P2 say in limbo for over a month back in the Dec/Jan timeframe.

He just asked that I refuse the first order if it ever arrived.

It showed up a couple weeks after the second one arrived and I liked it so much I asked him to charge me for it, but not the expedited shipping. He set up a special webpage for me, sent the link, and I paid to keep both.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top