Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone know what page it was talked about for the butler creek cover that was used as a make shift cover on the laser for the P3?
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered Perst 4 on Ebay Sep 9th, shipped 11th, arrived in USA on 16th.  
View Quote

Received!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Hellifi know what page but it was a Butler Creek #1 "Blizzard" model, which I don't recommend cuz I swear the laser was crazing the clear plastic lens.  Going to an all rubber, flip off cover now.  Still a BC #1, just solid cover.   It is approx 1" dia.

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
On another note, I have a buddy who got a Perst-3, who's buddy then got a Perst-3, and was not happy with it, for whatever reason.  Zenitco did not hesitate to send him another replacement unit.  So not only are shipping times back to semi-normal, but the Russians are trying like hell to match US-style CS.  Which is sorta over-the-top sometimes, but neither here nor there.    

So I know there has been much pissing and moaning here about shipping, and CS, and QC, but you have to give the devil his due.  These guys are trying like hell to compete on a world market.  And are seeing some success, IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hellifi know what page but it was a Butler Creek #1 "Blizzard" model, which I don't recommend cuz I swear the laser was crazing the clear plastic lens.  Going to an all rubber, flip off cover now.  Still a BC #1, just solid cover.   It is approx 1" dia.

https://i.imgur.com/YoJvrvb.jpg
View Quote

Thank you so much!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordered a P3 from Ivan on AUG 27, shipped AUG 28,  got a "We missed you note" from USPS on SEP 19. Not too shabby. Looking forward to trying it out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Got my 4+ in today. Life is good.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 6:29:52 AM EDT
[#8]
found this video on how to splice your perst in with a surefire dual pressure pad

https://youtu.be/PlNbfEZTFj0
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
found this video on how to splice your perst in with a surefire dual pressure pad

https://youtu.be/PlNbfEZTFj0
View Quote

Embedded YouTube video for you:
So... you want to use a surefire pressure switch for your PERST? Here's how!
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
On another note, I have a buddy who got a Perst-3, who's buddy then got a Perst-3, and was not happy with it, for whatever reason.  Zenitco did not hesitate to send him another replacement unit.  So not only are shipping times back to semi-normal, but the Russians are trying like hell to match US-style CS.  Which is sorta over-the-top sometimes, but neither here nor there.    

So I know there has been much pissing and moaning here about shipping, and CS, and QC, but you have to give the devil his due.  These guys are trying like hell to compete on a world market.  And are seeing some success, IMHO.
View Quote

Where does this come from? I have yet to hear of someone who encountered bad customer service.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#11]
does anyone have 1 or 2 spare  SA6 plugs I could buy? I'd like to add a dual switch to my setup.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there a page or ref for perst 3 mounting preference and why?

12:00, 3:00 or 9.

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why not 6?
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why not 6?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not 6?

I don't know. I suppose I've never seen it mounted that way.

Is that your preference?
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
does anyone have 1 or 2 spare  SA6 plugs I could buy? I'd like to add a dual switch to my setup.
View Quote

I have an order in for 20, but manufacturer still not giving me a clear answer when they will ship. Alibaba is clearly not Amazon Prime.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Is that your preference?
View Quote

Just being dumb. I think most would agree 12:00 on an AR is the best location. Maybe 9 but 3 would put your laser at a weird offset.

12 keeps it out of the way most of the time shooting against or around obstacles.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just being dumb. I think most would agree 12:00 on an AR is the best location. Maybe 9 but 3 would put your laser at a weird offset.

12 keeps it out of the way most of the time shooting against or around obstacles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that your preference?

I got around to sighting mine in today. My son was having a kick shooting steel at 100 yards with sight over bore. I put it at 12 on an 11.5 pistol. Trained it into my red dot and had it zeroed in 10 mins.

I'm glad I went with a 3 instead of the 4.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Decided to put my PERST4M at the 12oclock.  CI7 IR Light is at the 7. Feels better and doesn't interfere with optics.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Decided to put my PERST4M at the 12oclock.  CI7 IR Light is at the 7. Feels better and doesn't interfere with optics.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/199158/20200920_233244_jpg-1600878.JPG
View Quote

That PERST-4M is fucking awesome! I like mine a lot!
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That PERST-4M is fucking awesome! I like mine a lot!
View Quote

What’s a good price?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I paid $645 on eBay. Zenitco doesnt have any up on eBay right now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I paid $645 on eBay. Zenitco doesnt have any up on eBay right now.
View Quote

That’s a huge price spread

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:35:22 AM EDT
[#23]

The 4M is the super green laser version.
Laser power in max. brightness: green - not lower than 35 mW, IR - not lower than 18 mW
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The 4M is the super green laser version.
Laser power in max. brightness: green - not lower than 35 mW, IR - not lower than 18 mW
View Quote

And the 4M is smaller.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone know if a Modlite Modswitch with a Fusion Lightwing from Unity will fit under a Perst 3? Trying to find a workable solution for my white light. I'm going to be activating my Perst with the buttons on thr unit and the Modswitch would sit nicely right behind it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if a Modlite Modswitch with a Fusion Lightwing from Unity will fit under a Perst 3? Trying to find a workable solution for my white light. I'm going to be activating my Perst with the buttons on thr unit and the Modswitch would sit nicely right behind it.
View Quote
IMO the hot setup has already been posted a ways back. the unity hot button hard up against the perst with the perst tape switch butted up against that. tucks in really nice. if only unity hot buttons existed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 5:43:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
IMO the hot setup has already been posted a ways back. the unity hot button hard up against the perst with the perst tape switch butted up against that. tucks in really nice. if only unity hot buttons existed.
View Quote

Tried this. The Hot Button prevented me from operating the Perst efficiently from my offhand. I'm not using the Perst tape switch, not enough real estate.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Ah, must be a shorter rail. Since all the cool switches are unobtainium I'm using zenitco tape switch and the tail cap on the scout light. I really want a double switch setup as it's a bit of a reach to hit the tail cap.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ah, must be a shorter rail. Since all the cool switches are unobtainium I'm using zenitco tape switch and the tail cap on the scout light. I really want a double switch setup as it's a bit of a reach to hit the tail cap.
View Quote

I have a TAPS SYNC that was on the gun previously when I had a DBAL A3. That doesn't fit with the Perst mounted and I really didn't want to modify the TAPS as I can use it on another build. On page 42 of this thread someone mentioned that the Lightwing mounted on the Modbutton will clear a Perst 3. I just ordered a right handed Lightwing and now have to wait on the Modbutton to come back in stock to verify this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#30]
I played with my Perst-3 over the weekend. I was a bit surprised by the size of the "dot" projected by the IR laser. It seems rather large.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#31]
So if anyone needs to replace the illuminator adjusting screw I have a box of 98 left over.

I dicked up one the hex heads and stripped it out trying to align the illuminator to the laser.

McMaster-Carr had what I needed and its a good alloy steel so not likely to strip.

It's an M2 x 0.4mm by 10mm long.

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I played with my Perst-3 over the weekend. I was a bit surprised by the size of the "dot" projected by the IR laser. It seems rather large.
View Quote

It *is* 'biggish' even at min power.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It *is* 'biggish' even at min power.
View Quote

Do you have a red and a green+?
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Do you have a red and a green+?
View Quote

PERST-3 Green Std. The Green is fine, the IR is on the "fluffy" side, but I only have a Civvie Holosun LS321 to compare to. It's still fine on a 'Bob' dummy out to 100 - but that's as far as I can go on my property. This is also with Aurora Pro's - which see up to 1100nm, which may make it bloom more? I'd like to see pics/vid through Analog Gen 3 to compare.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 4:16:38 AM EDT
[#35]
I ordered a perst-3+ from black phase tactical on june 11 and still haven’t received it. Anyone else in the same boat?
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I ordered a perst-3+ from black phase tactical on june 11 and still haven’t received it. Anyone else in the same boat?
View Quote

Several of us. Read back a few pages for updates from an acquaintance of the owner. Short story is that they're on the way but stuck or lost somewhere between Russia and the US.

I am trying to hang in there as long as possible because it isn't the owners fault, just a symptom of the times, so I don't want him to be out a bunch of orders. You'll have to decide at what point you will need to cancel the order / chargeback the amount. I think I'm going to give it another month or so; but at some point I need something to shoot with and don't have the money for 2x LAMs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Several of us. Read back a few pages for updates from an acquaintance of the owner. Short story is that they're on the way but stuck or lost somewhere between Russia and the US.

I am trying to hang in there as long as possible because it isn't the owners fault, just a symptom of the times, so I don't want him to be out a bunch of orders. You'll have to decide at what point you will need to cancel the order / chargeback the amount. I think I'm going to give it another month or so; but at some point I need something to shoot with and don't have the money for 2x LAMs.
View Quote

Since May, but I'll also wait one more month...
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

PERST-3 Green Std. The Green is fine, the IR is on the "fluffy" side, but I only have a Civvie Holosun LS321 to compare to. It's still fine on a 'Bob' dummy out to 100 - but that's as far as I can go on my property. This is also with Aurora Pro's - which see up to 1100nm, which may make it bloom more? I'd like to see pics/vid through Analog Gen 3 to compare.
View Quote

The Aurora definitely causes more bloom. I have a green+ 3 that doesn't adjust down as dim as my red 3s. I also have a 4 green+ that adjusts down pretty low like the red ones.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The Aurora definitely causes more bloom. I have a green+ 3 that doesn't adjust down as dim as my red 3s. I also have a 4 green+ that adjusts down pretty low like the red ones.
View Quote

Thanks. Yea, I figured - also interesting about the variation between your units. Color of target matters too - black steel probably looks ok - I've got Dark brown doors on my 'test shed' and it looks good.  I stuck a Chinese made CQR Combat Shirt on 'Bob' and it lit up like a neon sign, but within 100 there was still plenty of area to "center" it. I'm going to try again with a UF Pro shirt. I'm still playing around but it's real world workable, if not ideal. It's like if it had one or two button/knob clicks lower, it would be perfect.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Thanks. Yea, I figured - also interesting about the variation between your units. Color of target matters too - black steel probably looks ok - I've got Dark brown doors on my 'test shed' and it looks good.  I stuck a Chinese made CQR Combat Shirt on 'Bob' and it lit up like a neon sign, but within 100 there was still plenty of area to "center" it. I'm going to try again with a UF Pro shirt. I'm still playing around but it's real world workable, if not ideal. It's like if it had one or two button/knob clicks lower, it would be perfect.
View Quote

My red units can adjust low enough to eliminate bloom at 50yards, probably still some up closer. That is with a white steel target.

Going to any of the Ohio night shoots?
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Perst 3 repair

9/21/20

Arrived at delivery office in Oryol
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Shew. I saw one guy had his delivered to an address in Switzerland, thought mine was about to go stamp collecting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep mine did

Shew. I saw one guy had his delivered to an address in Switzerland, thought mine was about to go stamp collecting.

Nah mine made it.  Didn’t show one by one updates when I saw it in Poland.  Was Moscow, some other city, Poland a few times, then JFK
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Well, better get these Persts while you can. Some clown on the Night Vision 101 FB group posted a FDA agent's email address and told people to email him about buying a Perst as the FDA is looking into them coming into the States..
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well, better get these Persts while you can. Some clown on the Night Vision 101 FB group posted a FDA agent's email address and told people to email him about buying a Perst as the FDA is looking into them coming into the States..
View Quote

Why would they be interested in those when you can get lasers that light matches and pop ballons or is it only IR that has the no no.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why would they be interested in those when you can get lasers that light matches and pop ballons or is it only IR that has the no no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we actually have any proof of this? Or just I heard it from so and so, and he heard it from so and so. Garand Thumb? Lol who is basically a shill
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Well yeah since someone brought this up, my boss apporached several of these big name reviewers and surprise! they want thousands of dollars to pimp your product.  So yeah that is confirmed; they are just shills.  Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well yeah since someone brought this up, my boss apporached several of these big name reviewers and surprise! they want thousands of dollars to pimp your product.  So yeah that is confirmed; they are just shills.  Buyer beware.
View Quote

Grand Thumb (on YouTube) pointed out a Perst 3 on one of his builds and stated that it is in testing and that he wasn't really to talk about it yet. I'll try to dig up the video...
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Grand Thumb (on YouTube) pointed out a Perst 3 on one of his builds and stated that it is in testing and that he wasn't really to talk about it yet. I'll try to dig up the video...
View Quote

Found it. Garand Thumb's LMT MARS-H 308 / 6.5 Creedmoor review...

Attachment Attached File

Link that starts at the 10 min. mark:

https://youtu.be/x1_zQKBQ4yw?t=600

or...

Go to the 10 minute mark in the following video:

LMT MARS-H 308 / 6.5 creedmoor (SR-25 has competition!)
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Do we actually have any proof of this? Or just I heard it from so and so, and he heard it from so and so. Garand Thumb? Lol who is basically a shill
View Quote

No proof, just what this guy is saying on FB. The problem is those idiots are going to actually email that agent and ask questions about the Perst legality. Sort of like they did with the ATF and braces.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top