Link Posted: 7/28/2019 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
REMOVED
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
REMOVED
View Quote
I have now, great video.  What was the lume like in the field recording?  Gonna go back through the previous pages now..
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my perst 4. When I turn the power down all the way in ir mode the laser flashes then turns off. I can turn it back on by turning it back up. It doesn't do that with the visible mode.

Anyone else have this experience? Can't read the manual, but I'm guessing this is normal.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Got my perst 4. When I turn the power down all the way in ir mode the laser flashes then turns off. I can turn it back on by turning it back up. It doesn't do that with the visible mode.

Anyone else have this experience? Can't read the manual, but I'm guessing this is normal.
View Quote
i just had my perst 4+ out this morning and mine does not do that

both the ir and visible lasers stay on constant when switching between the power modes , using either the buttons on the laser or with the remote switch

have you tried a fresh battery
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
My perst 3 does something similar.

If it’s in any lower level, upon turning it on it briefly flashes at full power and then goes to the level it was set at.

I emailed Ivan and he said it was by design to quickly pick up the laser.

Not sure how true that is. Doesn’t bug me that much though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If anyone is selling the smaller switch that comes with the Perst 2, I'm a buyer. It's the KB-9N. Zenitco isn't selling them separately, and I'd like one for my Perst 4.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Can anyone tell me how to change the battery on a Perst4P?

Got the battery changed, trying to figure out how to set it to IR laser. Anyone have the manuals in English?
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Got the battery changed, trying to figure out how to set it to IR laser. Anyone have the manuals in English?
View Quote
Flip the switch?

The 4 only has what, 3 settings? IR/off/VIS?

I should have had my perst4 today but USPS got lazy (as usual) it would appear.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Flip the switch. Middle position is off. back towards the buttstock is vis, forward towards muzzle/emitter is IR.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Flip the switch?

The 4 only has what, 3 settings? IR/off/VIS?

I should have had my perst4 today but USPS got lazy (as usual) it would appear.
View Quote
Quoted:

Flip the switch. Middle position is off. back towards the buttstock is vis, forward towards muzzle/emitter is IR.
View Quote
Thanks, but it’s the Perst-4P. Sort of like a Surefire X400, only without Illum.

https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapon-accessories/flashlights-and-accessories/flashlights/zenitco-perst-4p-pistol-dual-visible-ir-tactical-laser-designator/

Luckily, I found a post on Facebook describing how to switch it. You have to hit both of the intensity buttons to flip it between spectrums.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Ended up ordering mine thru black phase tactical, after seeing someone’s response about customer service and what not. I’d rather buy from someone in the US for wase of transaction. Now the wait begins
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks, but it’s the Perst-4P.

https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapon-accessories/flashlights-and-accessories/flashlights/zenitco-perst-4p-pistol-dual-visible-ir-tactical-laser-designator/

Luckily, I found a post on Facebook describing how to switch it. You have to hit both of the intensity buttons to flip it between spectrums.
View Quote
Touché touché lol
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Touché touché lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, but it’s the Perst-4P.

Touché touché lol
Not a problem. I really was struggling and got lucky figuring it out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it confirmed that the Perst 3+ are being sent with the new pressure switches? Want to know before I drop money on one
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is it confirmed that the Perst 3+ are being sent with the new pressure switches? Want to know before I drop money on one
View Quote
I just got a Perst-3+ today. Which switch are you talking about?
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
i just had my perst 4+ out this morning and mine does not do that

both the ir and visible lasers stay on constant when switching between the power modes , using either the buttons on the laser or with the remote switch

have you tried a fresh battery
View Quote
Got it figured out. Lowest setting in ir mode is just super weak. Thought it was turning off but could just barely make it out in a pitch black room.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#17]
FYI, on my wife's galaxy 8 she has something on it called "bixby" that was able to translate my perst 4 Manual. You just take a photo of the text and it extracts the text to English. Pretty cool.

The manual explains that on the 3 lowest settings in ir mode, when turned on it briefly flashes to 1/4 power before adjusting down.

I could probably get the translation posted if anyone wants it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#18]
The pressure switch is a 2 point system.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0D8u33ACgl/

talked about a few pages back in this tread.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The pressure switch is a 2 point system.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0D8u33ACgl/

talked about a few pages back in this tread.
View Quote
i emailed ivan about the KB-4/2 switch and he said they weren't available yet , no eta given
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I read from ZenitCo that they will be making English manuals for most of their products in the coming months (August or October, i forget). Their instagram has some cool pictures and videos, usually with English subtitles.

I took my MP5 out last night with the Perst-1, my first time shooting with NODs. That was absolutely amazing. The laser is a really nice circle, not ovular or anything, and it doesnt have much flared-up bloom at all. The circle is very fine, and, at the 25m i was using it at, it was almost too bright. With some surfaces, it reflects a bunch. I really enjoyed it. I havent slammed it around much yet, but i do believe it is more durable and will hold zero better than my mlok handguard will.
Id post pics, but i need 50 posts first. Almost there!
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I emailed Ivan on Monday, he confirmed that the Perst 3+ ship with the gen 2 pressure switch.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I emailed Ivan on Monday, he confirmed that the Perst 3+ ship with the gen 2 pressure switch.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258837/Screen_Shot_2019-07-30_at_7_12_43_PM_png-1036363.JPG
View Quote
Might want to double check and ask if he was referring to the KV-5P.

The KV-4/2 is the new style dual lead.

FWIW my Perst-3+ (manufacture date 7-8-19) came with the KV-5P.

ETA: It would be sorta weird to include the KV-4/2 as standard considering you would have a loose lead if you didn't have a Klesch.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#23]
perst 3 arrived today. ordered from Ivan on the 22 July with express shipping option.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Tried the Perst-4P the other night in the backyard.

It’s a fuckin lightsaber.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
perst 3 arrived today. ordered from Ivan on the 22 July with express shipping option.
View Quote
So did you get the new switch or the regular one? I was told that the new ones are coming out in August.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So did you get the new switch or the regular one? I was told that the new ones are coming out in August.
View Quote

it came with the KV-5P, the standard one.

Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, hopefully the new switch won't be too expensive.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder if somebody could splice in a SureFire connector in place of the Klesh connector.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Finally got hands on my perst4 after dealing with my shitty local post office

Initial impressions are very positive. If it holds zero and doesn’t spontaneously do a Chernobyl on me I will absolutely be buying a perst3 or a couple.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wonder if somebody could splice in a SureFire connector in place of the Klesh connector.
View Quote
once they're available i'm going to give it a try
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#31]
So I bought 2 Pert-4's and I'm thinking of selling one. I want a Perst-3 fo sho.

It's the Perst-4 Gen 2 Green+ - It's basically new and will include everything. Posted in EE.

If anyone is interested, IM or e-mail me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have a trashed perst switch and an airsoft surefire switch.  I'll chop 'em up this weekend
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. Anyone try looking through Photonis Echo tubes to see if Perst is good with them?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. Anyone try looking through Photonis Echo tubes to see if Perst is good with them?
View Quote
Im still waiting on my Intens NODs, but why wouldn't?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I've read in several places that the Echo's don't exhibit enough sensitivity to sufficiently pick up ir laser. Perhaps the perst would, as it has a bit more horsepower.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#36]
when you mean pick up the IR laser, do you mean being able to see the beam, or what they say the lightsaber that comes from the device to the target?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#37]
That's kind of what I'd like to know. It's one thing to not pick up the beam, another to not pick up the dot/splash. Which is why I ask if anyone has tried the combination of perst and echo to see how it works out.

Just found where echos are mentioned again, by my most favorite NV dealers site:

"..they do not have sufficient sensitivity for operational use with lower powered OOB devices such as individual weapon aiming lasers and marking lights"

So perhaps my thought is correct, it might be seen with that combination. Would be nice for someone to verify that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#38]
The MAWL has a special set-screw to change when used with Photonis tubes. Not sure whether it changes the output wavelength or intensity, but BEM clearly makes a note to change it when using non-US tubes.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Perst 4 came in. Going to pair it with the tnvc torch when my mount comes in.

Got the green + version. Visible laser is impressive compared to my normal red perst 3. Can make it out on trees 75-100 yards out in the super bright Texas mid day.

Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Gen 1 will pick up the dot without issues. Perst lasers are not OOB, no issues seeing the dot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Roger that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That's kind of what I'd like to know. It's one thing to not pick up the beam, another to not pick up the dot/splash. Which is why I ask if anyone has tried the combination of perst and echo to see how it works out.

Just found where echos are mentioned again, by my most favorite NV dealers site:

"..they do not have sufficient sensitivity for operational use with lower powered OOB devices such as individual weapon aiming lasers and marking lights"

So perhaps my thought is correct, it might be seen with that combination. Would be nice for someone to verify that.
View Quote
I have intens tube but I was easily able to see them. I'm sure Echo tubes could too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I've tried every way I can think of to twist, but got nothing.  Open to suggestions.  Surefire switch has 2 wires, Perst has 3

Surefire

Commie switch
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#44]
I will admit the switchology on these are pretty cool. A Rheostat on the switch pad is clever (I’m looking at you L3)
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've tried every way I can think of to twist, but got nothing.  Open to suggestions.  Surefire switch has 2 wires, Perst has 3

Surefire
https://i.imgur.com/MAjskas.jpg

Commie switch
https://i.imgur.com/3YG0F7L.jpg
View Quote
Do you have a ohm meter? The 2 wire should just complete the circuit when the switch is pressed. Does the 3 wire have a n/o and n/c lead or maybe a resistance value?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Do you have a ohm meter? The 2 wire should just complete the circuit when the switch is pressed. Does the 3 wire have a n/o and n/c lead or maybe a resistance value?
View Quote
I figured it out.  Hopefully this makes sense.  Twist the black and brown Perst switch wires together and to the outer Surefire switch wire.  Twist the blue Perst wire to the inner Surefire switch wire.

edit: The Surefire is a knock-off. It did work in a genuine Surefire though

short video
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:44:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I figured it out.  Hopefully this makes sense.  Twist the black and brown Perst switch wires together and to the outer Surefire switch wire.  Twist the blue Perst wire to the inner Surefire switch wire.

https://i.imgur.com/EOjGRZN.jpg

short video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MsHwOpH70U
View Quote
This is awesome!
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:08:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/EOjGRZN.jpg

short video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MsHwOpH70U
View Quote
nice , thanks for posting that
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 2:48:50 AM EDT
[#49]
get some slices and heat shrink and you'll be good to go. very cool.

I recommend the environmental splices that are a clear covered tube with a ring of solder on the inside. Put the wires in and put a heat gun to it. the heat shrink tube closes around them and then the ring of solder melts into the wires. The good ones have an extra glue like material at each end of the tube that melts to seal the whole splice.

They are like a buck a piece at summit racing but the Chinese ones work just as good and are much much cheaper.  make sure you slide a piece of large black heat shrink tubing over the whole thing for a professional look and extra strength
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
get some slices and heat shrink and you'll be good to go. very cool.

I recommend the environmental splices that are a clear covered tube with a ring of solder on the inside. Put the wires in and put a heat gun to it. the heat shrink tube closes around them and then the ring of solder melts into the wires. The good ones have an extra glue like material at each end of the tube that melts to seal the whole splice.

They are like a buck a piece at summit racing but the Chinese ones work just as good and are much much cheaper.  make sure you slide a piece of large black heat shrink tubing over the whole thing for a professional look and extra strength
View Quote
Good tip I just checked those out
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top