Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 79
Posted: 12/16/2018 4:18:48 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these, or are they elusively for people larping as Russian SF? There seems to be a dearth of information, but they look a bit interesting. A grand is more than I'm willing to gamble on trying on out personally, though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
OP sucks.

No commie LAM for you sir. PEQ-2A for the win.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:37:31 AM EDT
[#2]
For 1k look at a DBAL D2. The big attraction to mil LAMs is the illuminator not so much the laser due to blooming. The D2 illuminator will get you past 500+ meters. Also with my limited experience with Russian electronics they seem to be more built for quantity vs quality.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For 1k look at a DBAL D2. The big attraction to mil LAMs is the illuminator not so much the laser due to blooming. The D2 illuminator will get you past 500+ meters. Also with my limited experience with Russian electronics they seem to be more built for quantity vs quality.
View Quote
Nyet, laser is fine.  :)
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The fact that it's like 25mw laser output is interesting.

I might get a Perst-4 or 1, both of which have 3-4mw output for a longer range build/ non-clone. I kind of want a lightsaber.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a Perst-4. It's the same price as an OTAL but with dual laser beamz. Shipping from Russia sucks. It's in NY somewhere now. Ordered on the 12th...
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ordered a Perst-4. It's the same price as an OTAL but with dual laser beamz. Shipping from Russia sucks. It's in NY somewhere now. Ordered on the 12th...
View Quote
If you could provide an update when you get it that would be great, I'm super curious.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Have a perst 4, it's nice and built tough.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'd be very interested, as well. My biggest concern is long term durability, I'm guessing warranty repair is out of the question on them.

I'm sort of leaning towards the D2, though, as it only weights a little more than the Perst while still having a reasonable illuminator.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd be very interested, as well. My biggest concern is long term durability, I'm guessing warranty repair is out of the question on them.

I'm sort of leaning towards the D2, though, as it only weights a little more than the Perst while still having a reasonable illuminator.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude if its only the price of an OTAL (OTALs are $400 new), I would just snag it. Appears to be a full power unit according to what a poster mentioned above....not positive on that tho.

Is this Rooskie mil issue?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dude if its only the price of an OTAL (OTALs are $400 new), I would just snag it. Appears to be a full power unit according to what a poster mentioned above....not positive on that tho.

View Quote
Apparently it’s the Russian equivalent of KAC gear. They make rails and stuff too, and it’s supposed to be “SOF used” but then again people can say that about latex gloves and toothbrushes too lol. I cannot find a source tht says it’s issued, or one that says it isn’t but I haven’t looked too deep.

It’s not PEQ15 power unless you get the Perst-3 (listed as 25mw). The Perst-1 and Perst-4 are 3mw and 4mw respectively. So much higher power than a PEQ15c.

This is all what I’ve found from quick googling, so don’t take what I’ve said as a hard fact lol.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have a perst 4, it's nice and built tough.
View Quote
I would like to hear more if you don’t mind.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Apparently it’s the Russian equivalent of KAC gear. They make rails and stuff too, and it’s supposed to be “SOF used” but then again people can say that about latex gloves and toothbrushes too lol. I cannot find a source tht says it’s issued, or one that says it isn’t but I haven’t looked too deep.

It’s not PEQ15 power unless you get the Perst-3 (listed as 25mw). The Perst-1 and Perst-4 are 3mw and 4mw respectively. So much higher power than a PEQ15c.

This is all what I’ve found from quick googling, so don’t take what I’ve said as a hard fact lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh gotcha. And no Russian version of ITAR issues getting the full power unit in here? Noice!

I might snag one one day just to play with it. Ill prob be sticking with L3/Steiner/B.E.M. for my "do not fucking die" guns tho
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ahhh gotcha. And no Russian version of ITAR issues getting the full power unit in here? Noice!

I might snag one one day just to play with it. Ill prob be sticking with L3/Steiner/B.E.M. for my "do not fucking die" guns tho
View Quote
Exactly my thoughts. No import restrictions, I don’t want to trust my life to it, but having a goofy lightsaber on my blaster would be fun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I see 20mw for the Perst-3 IR.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah I just wrote that from memory, which isn’t always the best
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries!  I do see a lot of hinting on eBay regarding actual power output of these.  Really tempting.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a Perst-1 but haven't shot with it yet.  It'll be a couple weeks before I get a chance.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No worries!  I do see a lot of hinting on eBay regarding actual power output of these.  Really tempting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be our Guinea Pig Jeff!
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#19]
That perst 4..  
And perst 3
Tempting..

I just was gonna get the Steiner dbal d2..for my stuff in the states.
Wondering if I can order it in Hungary.

For Hungary I got a surplus peq2 unit that was deactivated by jbwelding the laser holes.

I just drilled it out and cleaned it up.

Of course..I know I can't bring it back to the US.

Does anyone have one please.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Where are you buying these from, ebay?
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 12:39:25 AM EDT
[#21]
So I got my Perst-4 in today. It's a full moon out. So I took it out to play. No shooting, but I figured out a lot.

I should preface this and say that I don't have any experience with any other laser devices other than my TLR-2 IR. So this should be pretty unbiased.

So the main unit has a lever with three options: IR, OFF, and VIS. There are two buttons for intensity. And two large buttons, one on top and one in the back to turn the laser on and off. Double tapping those turn on a strobe. The buttons are difficult to press with thick(ish) gloves. And they don't give very good positive feedback. That's my only complaint with the main unit.

It comes with a remote pressure switch as well. The pressure switch has a big, fat pressure pad that works well with said gloves. It also has a knob that controls intensity which I like. It also has a safety that prevents a ND. My complaint with the pressure switch is that it's big and not ergonomic at all.

The laser itself works well. I had no issues lasing my neighbor's house 200 yards away. It's got a weird shape to the laser image. It's not a nice round dot, but a fat / looking shape. Not an issue for me, but I can see it if I focus on it. Maybe it's my astigmatism, idk.

All in all, I like it. But I need an illuminator. I may throw a Torch on there if I can find room. There's not much room on an AK SBR.

I hope this gives some of you answers.

ETA: I got mine from Ivan Tactical. But I'm pretty sure it's the same seller on eBay.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 1:12:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I like that pressure pad. Unit looks kind of sweet too. You should get some beam shots or a vid
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So I got my Perst-4 in today. It's a full moon out. So I took it out to play. No shooting, but I figured out a lot.

I should preface this and say that I don't have any experience with any other laser devices other than my TLR-2 IR. So this should be pretty unbiased.

So the main unit has a lever with three options: IR, OFF, and VIS. There are two buttons for intensity. And two large buttons, one on top and one in the back to turn the laser on and off. Double tapping those turn on a strobe. The buttons are difficult to press with thick(ish) gloves. And they don't give very good positive feedback. That's my only complaint with the main unit.

It comes with a remote pressure switch as well. The pressure switch has a big, fat pressure pad that works well with said gloves. It also has a knob that controls intensity which I like. It also has a safety that prevents a ND. My complaint with the pressure switch is that it's big and not ergonomic at all.

The laser itself works well. I had no issues lasing my neighbor's house 200 yards away. It's got a weird shape to the laser image. It's not a nice round dot, but a fat / looking shape. Not an issue for me, but I can see it if I focus on it. Maybe it's my astigmatism, idk.

All in all, I like it. But I need an illuminator. I may throw a Torch on there if I can find room. There's not much room on an AK SBR.

I hope this gives some of you answers.

ETA: I got mine from Ivan Tactical. But I'm pretty sure it's the same seller on eBay.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/127213/20181224_223411_1__jpg-784543.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/127213/20181224_223458_1__jpg-784546.JPG
View Quote
Thanks for the review. Which PERST-4 did you get exactly? Looking at Ivan the Bear I see a few different options:

ZenitCo Perst-4 gen.2 dual green+ visible/IR tactical laser designator

Visible green+ powered up laser.

IR laser (850 nm).

Power – single CR123 (included).

Size: 90160×37 mm.

New generation threadless plug.

Redesigned battery compartment.

ZenitCo Perst-4 gen.2 dual green visible/IR tactical laser designator

Visible green laser.

IR laser (850 nm).

ZenitCo Perst-4 gen.2 dual red visible/IR tactical laser designator

Visible red laser (635 nm).

IR laser (850 nm).

Wonder what "+ powered up laser" means exactly....

Have them pasted in above in descending cost, with the "+ powered up" visible green, (regular power???) visible green, and then the (regular power???) red laser. Not sure why a more powerful visible laser would be wanted, as I'd just be using that to zero the IR a la the CQBL on my 300BO AR.

The PERST-3 with red visible laser seems interesting to me for a modernized AKS-74U I run suppressed full time. Would prefer a separate laser and illuminator, but the ergonomics of the AK, especially with the short AKS-74U handguards, makes an all in one package appealing.

Need to get you hooked up with someone who has some western, civilian-limited power lasers to do a head to head comparison.

Thanks again for the review.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you for the review!  Any word on warranty?

I really want to see if these are indeed more powerful than our civilian western lasers.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#25]
They seem to be full powered units. Would these have issues clearing customs?
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, lots of people have bought them.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Customs wouldn't even know what it is. And unless Russia has a version of ITAR, there shouldn't be an issue regardless. On the full powered (perst-3?) they certainly wouldn't be able to tell if its class 1 or class 3.

I think you're good.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

ZenitCo Perst-4 gen.2 dual red visible/IR tactical laser designator

Visible red laser (635 nm).

IR laser (850 nm).

Wonder what "+ powered up laser" means exactly....

Have them pasted in above in descending cost, with the "+ powered up" visible green, (regular power???) visible green, and then the (regular power???) red laser. Not sure why a more powerful visible laser would be wanted, as I'd just be using that to zero the IR a la the CQBL on my 300BO AR.

The PERST-3 with red visible laser seems interesting to me for a modernized AKS-74U I run suppressed full time. Would prefer a separate laser and illuminator, but the ergonomics of the AK, especially with the short AKS-74U handguards, makes an all in one package appealing.

Need to get you hooked up with someone who has some western, civilian-limited power lasers to do a head to head comparison.

Thanks again for the review.
View Quote
I got the red laser because it was instock and I don't care about vis laser color. Not sure about the warranty though. I'm sure I could message Ivan Tactical. They even sent me a hand written, broke-ass English note saying thank you... I'll try to get some pics and video when I can.

No customs issues. Seems legit.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Any idea why the Perst-3 is so much more expensive?
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That perst 4..  
And perst 3
Tempting..

For Hungary I got a surplus peq2 unit that was deactivated by jbwelding the laser holes.

View Quote
I was looking at the DBAL A3 or the D2, as well. I'm moving to where there are trees, so I'm looking for a better illuminator solution than the VITAL I'm currently using offers.  The D2 is only about an ounce more than the Perst.

I would really prefer the ATPIAL-C because of ergonomics and because I've heard a few guys talk about problems with DBALs not lasting long term, but man the illum on them seems pretty lame.

I'm looking at this: https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapon-accessories/flashlights-and-accessories/flashlights/zenitco-perst-3-dual-visible-ir-tactical-green-laser-designator-with-ir-illuminator/
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn that Perst-1 looks like a steal if you just want a stand alone powerful IR laser. How big is the dot on these? Wouldnt be so good if the dot is 3 yards across at 100 yards....
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Come with IR Illum?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:14:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because its a full power unit. (Class 3 equivalent, in the States)
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:19:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Basically a Russian Class 3 PEQ-15.

Illuminator and Aiming lasers.

The Perst-1 and Perst-4 don’t have an illuminator.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:33:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I was looking at the DBAL A3 or the D2, as well. I'm moving to where there are trees, so I'm looking for a better illuminator solution than the VITAL I'm currently using offers.  The D2 is only about an ounce more than the Perst.

I would really prefer the ATPIAL-C because of ergonomics and because I've heard a few guys talk about problems with DBALs not lasting long term, but man the illum on them seems pretty lame.

I'm looking at this: https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapon-accessories/flashlights-and-accessories/flashlights/zenitco-perst-3-dual-visible-ir-tactical-green-laser-designator-with-ir-illuminator/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That perst 4..  
And perst 3
Tempting..

Yeah the ATPIAL-C illuminator is lacking past CQB range. Also if I recall its fixed and non adjustable. Too much money for not enough output
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:33:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me Gusta
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#37]
I have two dbal A3 and was about to pull the trigger on a d2 but fuck that perst 3 is tempting.
Anyone have hands on with one yet? My main reason for wanting a d2 was better illumination as the A3's aren't that great.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously, thank you.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#39]
If anyone is looking to get the "Death Star" type beam/reach under nods, a common class 3R red or green laser will have almost the same affect.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#40]
So, guys, I emailed Ivan Tactical and they it back really quick. Here’s what they said:
Hi. We provide full lifetime warranty against craftsmanship or materials defects. If something happens, you can just send it to us and we’ll take care of it.

?????????? ?? myMail ??? iOS
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Seriously, thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously, thank you.
No prob. The Illuminator drives the price up as well.

You should get one, class 1 blows.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously, thank you.

I want to, I'm just worried about the lack of warranty.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously, thank you.

Looks like its good to go. Look at Nameless_Hobo's post 2 or 3 posts up. Looks like Ivan Tactical will take care of you if it goes down.

But- you'd have to put your trust in a commie. So there's that.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Looks like its good to go. Look at Nameless_Hobo's post 2 or 3 posts up. Looks like Ivan Tactical will take care of you if it goes down.

View Quote
Look at the Flir fiasco. Made in the US isnt a sure sign of good warranty and customer service.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Look at the Flir fiasco. Made in the US isnt a sure sign of good warranty and customer service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back story or link?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Back story or link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back story or link?
This. I haven't heard about the FLIR fiasco
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Theyre super hard to get ahold of at times and oftentimes your equipment is returned in the same state in which it was sent in.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There super hard to get ahold of and oftentimes your equipment is returned in the same state in which it was sent in.
View Quote
FLiR is bae bro. Source: me, I'm a flir shill
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There super hard to get ahold of and oftentimes your equipment is returned in the same state in which it was sent in.
View Quote
Yikes! That makes me a hair less excited to get into thermal
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

FLiR is bae bro. Source: me, I'm a flir shill
View Quote
No, BAE is a totally different company.

Click To View Spoiler
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top